Michael Jackson Video Game Announced - New York Times (blog)

News Bot

Guardian

Michael Jackson Video Game Announced

[SIZE=-1]New York Times (blog)[/SIZE]

Get your “Thriller” avatar and moonwalk keystrokes ready: Planet Michael will soon be ready for virtual exploration.

The Michael Jackson estate will announce on Tuesday that it has made a deal with the company SEE Virtual Worlds to release Planet Michael, a 3D computer environment that will be part of the Entropia Universe game platform. In the game, which is expected to be released late next year, fans can dance in a recreation of the “Billie Jean” video, visit Neverland and explore continents drawn from themes in Jackson’s music and life, as well as “the global issues that concerned him,” the estate and SEE Virtual Worlds, the game’s publisher, said in a joint statement. As a massively multiplayer online computer game, Planet Michael will allow huge numbers of users to interact at the same time; it’s free to download and play but users can convert their real dollars into play money in the game for virtual transactions. There will also be virtual advertising.

[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&ned=us&ncl=dFGEHjBaIv9S6MM[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

SEE Virtual Worlds - Michael Jackson

Well just thought I'd share again.
I noticed that SEE Virtual Worlds finally got off
their buts and updated their website.

Along with the update they announced the first
out of there many planets they have in the
pipeline.

Honestly I thought Michael Jackson was a creep
lol but atleast I enjoyed his music =P

Here you can read the announcement.
http://www.seeglobalentertainment.com/

Enjoy

forum changed owner -> deleted

Last edited:
Just beat it. :laugh:

Reactions: nix
I really would never have guessed that would be their first planet.

FFS... I don't even know what to say.

I really would never have guessed that would be their first planet.

ME either tbh lol.
I thought they would do something sci-fi like Star Trek.

After reading that, I just want to know when Cyrene and Lost Island will be here... I only liked a few of his songs and as the OP said - thought he was a creep.

forum changed owner -> deleted

Last edited:
FFS... I don't even know what to say.

Just beat it. :laugh:

thats why i said what i said lol seriously when I read this I thought really?? really??... if i had the funds i could make a real planet that would actually make it not this dribble oh well what do I know.

kosmos

Fan base

As title suggests, whether you loved the man or think he's a creep, the truth of the matter is he's well loved around the world. As far as garnering attention for a platform, if SEE plays their cards right, Planet Michael Jackson will help garner more attention for EU than MA has ever done in their years in existence. And to think, this is only the beginning folks

As far as garnering attention for a platform, if SEE plays their cards right, Planet Michael Jackson will help garner more attention for EU than MA has ever done in their years in existence. And to think, this is only the beginning folks

Do we want this kind of attention, though?

I am proud to say right now, that the only planet I will ever play on is Calypso.

You may make jokes, but Michael Jackson is undeniably the King of Pop, and probably the worlds best entertainer and humanitarian.

I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Do we want this kind of attention, though?

I am proud to say right now, that the only planet I will ever play on is Calypso.

There is nothing wrong with you being a patriot of Planet Calypso.

No one is forcing you to go there.
Its simple if you don't like it then don't go ^^

Although having an open mind to things is always good.

There is nothing wrong with you being a patriot of Planet Calypso.

No one is forcing you to go there.
Its simple if you don't like it then don't go ^^

Although having an open mind to things is always good.

I'm open minded to things I don't think will be cheesy, I guess. I dunno, maybe it'll be awesome, but I remain skeptical.

No offence to fans of MJ or the man himself. Not my style of music, but to each his/her own, right? ;)

I'm open minded to things I don't think will be cheesy, I guess. I dunno, maybe it'll be awesome, but I remain skeptical.

No offence to fans of MJ or the man himself. Not my style of music, but to each his/her own, right? ;)

Yeah I'm not a fan of country music if there was a country music planet
I probably wouldn't go unless I could get there free.

Not safe for small children.

*Player Name* is the first player to discover Jesus Juice. *Player Name* has been recorded in the HALL OF FAME!

5 minutes later...

*Same Player Name* has discovered Rufies! *Player Name* has been recorded in the HALL OF SHAME!

Oh geez ... if you're not a fan of Michael Jackson's then fine, but do you really have to start with the off-topic and rude jokes? :rolleyes: If this isn't your cup of tea, then offer something constructive instead of one-liners that are truly in poor taste.

For all we know ... this could very well be something good, but like anything else, we won't know until we are presented with the planet and see how it plays out. There's no denying that Michael Jackson was the King of Pop, and was philanthropic in many ways, no matter what your personal opinions are about his behaviors. In the entertainment industry, his music is legendary, and his fan base is huge. That could mean something very positive for Entropia Universe, and potentially for all of us, so I would suggest waiting to SEE what happens. :)

thats why i said what i said lol seriously when I read this I thought really?? really??... if i had the funds i could make a real planet that would actually make it not this dribble oh well what do I know.

kosmos

MJ sold, is and will be selling, so from a marketing stance its a smart move.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm very interesting.
Lets 'see' .... millions of world wide fans......
millions of dollars these fans spend on anything Michael....
More people in EU overall...... demand for items....

All good to me :)

Different, interesting, hmmm.

I think this is a great PR trick.. Can you imagine allthose crazy fans who have bought his belongings for thousands of dollars.. coming to EU..
Damn Casay beat me to it...

Different, interesting, hmmm.

Yes, indeed ... and I think we can see now that we probably need to expect the unexpected. It was David Simmonds (MA's Business Development Director) in the closing comments of his interview in the EntropiaTimes Magazine who said ...

"Another announcement in the next few weeks will I’m sure make some Calypso residents question the direction of Entropia Universe, but our vision of a universe for all people from all walks of life must allow an enormous diversity of content. If you do not like the theme or game play of a particular planet, then just don’t go there!

Some people seem to want to stick to a sci-fi theme throughout the universe! How boring! Open your mind and see the possibilities of what this universe can offer
.”​

Perhaps we should prepare ourselves! :D

I might be less cynical if they had one planet with 2 continents; the second being dedicated to Elvis Presley. (Maybe it's because I somehow spent a few hours watching his videos on youtube.)

I can't even ask a serious question with a straight face: What are the monsters going to be like?

But the bottom line is I really wish them all the best and if only 1/1000th of MJ's fans play for only $20, the economy of EU will BOOM!

Found a video link on the SEE website that might be difficult for some
people to find.

http://www.seeglobalentertainment.c..._corp/_flv/virtual-worlds/neverdie-b_16x9.mp4

This video features John Neverdie Jacobs and he talks about
virtual worlds in a theory point of view( what could be).

Thank you ... your search efforts are appreciated. That was a brilliant video by Neverdie, and ... I have always said that NO one tops him with regard to the PR he does for our universe ... and he does it extremely well. :thumbup:

To Snowleopard ... maybe there will be an Elvis planet. With this latest announcement, ya just never know. ;)

This actually sounds pretty fun.

Bring on the lootable pvp.

But the bottom line is I really wish them all the best and if only 1/1000th of MJ's fans play for only $20, the economy of EU will BOOM!

I think this is the point that most of these silly one lining posters are missing. If you want EU to remain a niche game, don't complain about bad loot. If you want more people to participate, be open to the fact that the game you love is about to undergo a drastic change that can potentially be good for the game.
For those that pledge your loyalty to Calypso and only Calypso, how do you know that SEE isn't the new owner of your beloved planet as well? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back