Michael Jackson Video Game Announced - New York Times (blog)

All I can say is that I liked his songs and the moon dance :) hope the planet will rock :D :yay::yay::yay:

O RLY News Bot?!?!

whow guess we should have expected that to be in the news a bit but I have seen it on 3 news websites today myself O.O and met two person in PA who joined because of it

I love the arcade moonwalker game !

Id like to walk around in the scenes of the movie moonwalker, with CE2 graphics ! (OMG!)

But it might be end up as a piece of sh!t ! Im quiete sure it will...

"...released late next year..." suuuureeee... :laugh:

McCormick, I'm suprised your undercover network hasn't brought forth any secret test server images or mpegs. :)

The Swedish Television (SVT) writes about it on their web page. Intresting is that they meation that EU have about 100 000 active players.

Well SEE Virtual worlds predicts launch late next year. Lets bet on how far back MindArk will manage to delay it with not creating things as simple as the MJ dance moves they require.

I bet it will release a year late caused by MindArk.

Awsome now some plastic surgents and body sculpture can do full time job on Planet Michael Jackson!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

But the smooth talking marketing and accountancy people just throw the profits figures at them and talk those at MindArk who must be feeling real conflicted at going away from their gaming roots (surely when they started PE they never envisioned anything like this?).

Personally I find it ironic that people thought that they didn't envision this.
The moment I heard about the bank license, I realised MA had no interest in gamers.

does this mean old creepers will have the emote to touch little boys privates? ewwwwww :eek:

hated MJ then still hate him now... another planet im never going to visit :(

"...released late next year..." suuuureeee... :laugh:

MY GOD MAN! Anyone would think you'd been paying attention to the accuracy of PE related schedules over the last half decade or something! :laugh:

Wistrel

PS Cyrene's Site is due soon.

I tend to agree with oracle about not wanting the game to go too off theme...

However, I will say that an expansion of the market for the RCE concept overall is going to be a good thing for the economy of all planets... much as the guy makes me gag, this does promise to give Entropia more social legitimacy.

Let's make sure to get planet filters in though, before it gets absurd!

I did not bother to read all the posts, so sorry if this has been said before...

MJ planet or any other themed planet can only be good in the long run as more and more people discover the Entropia Universe. There will always be players who will get curious about the other available planets and come take a look and maybe even stay and spend PED.

Think of the planets like TV stations, it's your choice to either go there and watch or not.

Also stop the bitching about something that you have not yet seen nor have any knowledge of... It's childish.

Last edited:
Hehh, i want a Hasselhoff planet! Where i can drive on KIT car and hunt the "Pammy look like baywach and the ubermob is "Singing David" who do 500 sound dmg. :D

I must admit - so far I dont like the direction EU is going. And we thought RT was lame :rolleyes:

is MA out of idea`s ??

this sounds realy like another "zombie" planet. and are we in the music genre ? rock & pop planets ?? i think they are loosing it...
:(

this sounds realy like another "zombie" planet. and are we in the music genre ? rock & pop planets ?? i think they are loosing it...
:(

This has nothing to do with MA having ideas or not having ideas. This is really about what ideas SEE can come up with, get licence for, get funding for and implement. And while I was expecting something more interesting to come out of it as a start and considerably faster, at least they are moving, and hopefully having one planet in works by them will help get them more. Hopefully some of these will be something that the average calypso player will also be interested in and want to trade items to / from with.

This thread is in clear violation of rule XYZ! :D

3.13 Discussion of other Planet Partners
Discussion of other planet partners within Entropia Universe should take place in the “Other Planet Partners” forum. Advertising or recruiting for other Planets is not allowed.

And..

3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such threads or posts may be deleted. All references of this kind WILL BE DELETED, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures

Lawl. I'm among the apparent minority who thinks the guy was set up, and he never really molested any children. So no distasteful jokes coming from me. Eh, guess I'm entitled to an opinion after all.

But seriously, a Planet Michael...?

*removes eyes, cleans them up and places them again inside his eyesockets*

...nope, these are working well. Okay, I'll join the "it's better for the economy" bandwagon, but yes, RockTropia was bad enough with ruining the suspension of disbelief back at Calypso with their cheesy mobs in global/HOF chat and even cheesier items. I guess I'll just have to wait, just as everybody else.

Also, I really hope there's a platform upgrade coming soon that will let you opt in for the planets you want to see installed, because I, for one, don't want to have ~20ish Gb of bloat once more planets come up if I only play in Calypso. Not that I don't want to visit other planets, but at this point the fees aren't worth it. :rolleyes:

I really hope FPC will try to cut any "visible" links to EU and MA... This is not good advertizing for a gaming universe... this will attract only nutters but not Sci-Fi gamers ( other type of nutters ) :rolleyes:

Interesting, funny, worrying, thought provoking (in an intelectual way), ummmmm dare i say potentially an amazing impact on EU in general be it good or bad.... The guy was an outstanding talent with a huge following HUGE.

This has nothing to do with MA having ideas or not having ideas. This is really about what ideas SEE can come up with, get licence for, get funding for and implement. And while I was expecting something more interesting to come out of it as a start and considerably faster, at least they are moving, and hopefully having one planet in works by them will help get them more. Hopefully some of these will be something that the average calypso player will also be interested in and want to trade items to / from with.

The purpose of Planet Michael is to attract attention. Period. You can love or hate the man. He's controversial. That's the point no? It gets people talking. He's also a global icon. By having Michael, it will open up many many other possibilities in terms of securing IP with movie studios for SEE. Every studio have their "stars". Universal with their Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummies, etc. Paramount with Star Trek. Columbia/Sony with Spiderman, MIB, etc..

One way to look at it is this. Calypso is like a unique store. It has its loyal followers. However, it's a free-standing store with nothing else around it. You will have people that come to shop at it. Others will never even visit it. Next comes Rocktropia. It sets up shop next to Calypso. However, its customers are different from Calypso customers. Therefore most stick to their store. A few may visit the other store. Now imagine a mall. A mall with 50 different stores. Each unique. Some offer similar products. All of a sudden it's a destination. People come to "SHOP" the MALL not the individual stores. All will have their favorites. However, since they are at the mall, most will shop around. 200 Peds deposited into Calypso's economy. Multiply that by 1 million casual customers from the other 49 shops. 5% of them make Calypso their regular monthly stop. 50,000 new users, 200 peds a month. Is this getting through to the naysayers at all? Are the people who are so against this understanding this at all??? Your beloved Calypso will always be true to its core values. It is just now part of a greater collective. By being part of the greater collective, each unique entity will benefit when the whole collective thrives.

sigh...sadly, I know...let the flaming begin...who will post the first sarcastic remark after this post? anyone?

Back