Michael Jackson Video Game Announced - New York Times (blog)

ah the jackson family are going into games now :D ?

fair enuth i guess, they have a large loyal fanbase and the music has always been good.

look forward to it. more planets the better

no comment....except.....WHY....just....WHY!!?!?

Really?! Is this what has become of Entropia and it's development?

Some cheap franchise that everyone can get into?

Welcome to extreme long tailing, pretty soon they'll have a planet for every single avatar.

I'm out.

First time i saw the news about "Planet Michael" on another forum i thought: "Hmm, "planet"? Could it be... naaaah, probably just a coincidence!"

Today i saw it here too. Whoa, it's not a coincidence at all - it'll be a planet in Entropia! That caused mixed feelings in me, to say the least :D

On the other hand:
Well, we knew that the new planets will have different settings, most of them not related with our beloved Calypso, didn't we? But "Planet Michael"??! Isn't it a bit overboard, one can ask himself? Depends on the point of view i guess. To a person who used to kill hundreds of mobs each day music and dancing is not that common ingame. But then - what about Rocktropia? It has specific musical setting too. So why is Planet Michael a different thing? Because there's probably no dragon/monster killing? Because it'll be more party related game? It's just unusual. Strange. Unknown. People seems to be scared from new stuff, no idea why. :scratch2:

When i think more about it: The whole Michael thing is actually good. New Planet, new players, new advertising, new blood. Yes, sure it's weird and different but so is the whole Entropia Real Cash concept. Also, it clearly demonstrates the flexibility and the advantages of the MA's Cry2 MMOG platform. Hell - if they can make THIS work, then it means they can do practically anything with it. Just amazing!

And in the end - Michael Jackson was making very good music. I like it.

Last edited:
Not really sure what to say; I did/do like MJ the artist, and I'm not a big fan of the tabloids. I can see this as being a great PR move, and maybe even bringing some new players in the game. But I honestly think that associating EU and MJ is a good thing; as many stated before, it's out of place... IMO anyway.

I would've loved to see a new Planet like, let's say... Akbal-Cimi being developed.

PS I won't be surprised if we get a Justin Bieber planet.

Can't wait til moon walk is really one of the emoticons, lol.

Not looking foward to the globals about finding MJ's nose though, lol.

Last edited:
As much as I dislike MJ, I think this will be good for the EU economy. One of my biggest annoyances though, and really for any planet, is seeing globals/hofs/items/etc from other planets. We should at least have the option of blocking messsages from other planets. Items should certainly be restricted to their own planets.

I'm not opposed to new planets, I think it's a great idea. But RT isn't really that much different, it costs too much to go there, and I have plenty of Iron mobs left to kill :)

In the end, if they don't screw up our planet too much and the economy doesn't tank more than it already has, I will keep playing :rolleyes:

Lets see if I can succesfully put in words what I currently think about this new Michael Jackson planet:

Firstly, any new form of investment by a third party into the new MindArk planetary system is bound to have a series of economical advantages for MindArk. The more MindArk becomes interesting to third parties, the more we're bound to profit in stability and development.

As for the typology of clients MindArk is attracting, a vast and varied selection of well developed planets is bound to attract a varied amount of users interested in specific enviroments and specific gameplay experiences. I sincerely doubt this will come to affect FPC in any significant way, as a consequence don't expect your gameplay experience on Calypso to change. On the other hand, you'll be tempted to give other planets a try just to give the usual gameplay experience a short break.

Perhaps a vacation from the ordinary Entropia experience.

As per the Michael Jackson planet, I for one don't really care for musically gifted dead creep themed planets, but the idea could be interesting for many fans (undoubtedly more than Lil' Wayne and NerverDie) and many of those fans could also be brought to investigate other gameplay experiences on RockTropia, Calypso, Next Island and Cyrene, bringing a significant influx of new people and, hopefully, funds.

well lets wait and see what content will be there. I bet most of us will go and take a look at least like it was with rocktropia

Hmmmm :scratch: OK the MJ planet....well whatever floats your boat I guess.

Get on to the H.R. Giger planet or Clive Barker planet and I would jump for joy :yay: so I guess there are those who feel the same way about MJ as I do about Clive or Giger.

Overall I guess EU will be an interesting exploration into the 3D internet and I think that is one of their initial intentions. Everything these days is 3D crazy so in a way EU is sort of on the fore front of that with other virtual worlds.

I sort of agree if you don't like it don't go there. I just hope these planets are sort of seperate from Calypso. I don't I want to see "Avatar XXXX is the first to discover MJ glitter glove (L)" on Calypso. Keep the themed worlds apart IMHO I would even spin out RT once it gets more into the music aspect of its gameplay. The junction between planets and the common thread between them should be space travel IMO.

Ahhh well if I had the cash I think my planet would definitely be a whacked out creation. MJ is someone elses whacked out creation so I can't complain and I don't have to be a part of it if I don't want too.

Lets see if I can succesfully put in words what I currently think about this new Michael Jackson planet:

Firstly, any new form of investment by a third party into the new MindArk planetary system is bound to have a series of economical advantages for MindArk. The more MindArk becomes interesting to third parties, the more we're bound to profit in stability and development.

As for the typology of clients MindArk is attracting, a vast and varied selection of well developed planets is bound to attract a varied amount of users interested in specific enviroments and specific gameplay experiences. I sincerely doubt this will come to affect FPC in any significant way, as a consequence don't expect your gameplay experience on Calypso to change. On the other hand, you'll be tempted to give other planets a try just to give the usual gameplay experience a short break.

Perhaps a vacation from the ordinary Entropia experience.

As per the Michael Jackson planet, I for one don't really care for musically gifted dead creep themed planets, but the idea could be interesting for many fans (undoubtedly more than Lil' Wayne and NerverDie) and many of those fans could also be brought to investigate other gameplay experiences on RockTropia, Calypso, Next Island and Cyrene, bringing a significant influx of new people and, hopefully, funds.

I refer to the paragraph stating that "we're bound to profit in stability and development"... I dunno about that.. seems to me that new planets "investors" are to benefit MA, and maybe just maybe in the distant future..the players may benefit.. but so far.. all the new additions/updates/changes have increased instabilty and uncertainty and will probably continue to do so for the forseable future.

ROFL !!!!
wtf ? MJ mixed with a Rippersnapper :eek:
check his face and then Rippersnapper
Hooo my belly, havent been able to stop laughing for the first minute :p

Last edited:
If you are gonna do a planet... Sean Connery is much cooler.

planet_c.jpg

We could just hop in our modified vtol's and blow up all the other lame celebrity planets. :lolup:

I just hope MJ planet is separate from planet calypso. It will be silly to see MJ items in a scifi world. Keep them as separate logins.

We don't need separate logins for each planet. It is perfectly normal for a planet to have otherwise-out-of-place items when it is part of a dynamic universe.

Back