Mid Level Hunters Team Hunting

LuckyColonist

Mature
Dear Entropians,

My in-game name is The Lucky Colonist and joined this game in 2014.
My main profession is hunting and my highest hunting profession is level 57 BLP snipper.
I am a non-depositor and have worked my way up like many others in game sweating and picking fruits and stones...

Background:
I am very active in this year's Eomon migration and have finished the "Take a Breather" mission.
The loot and reward in this year's migration is good enough for me that I am still able to continue hunting.
Of course this can change any time soon as it is dynamic.
I loss around 200 ped in a five hour session recently but I am not here to complain... it is overall still positive for me.
I have met many nice people, both hunters, crafters and shop owners that helped me in this adventure and I am thankful to them.

My plan:
I wish to continue the migration hunting adventure by going for Eomon and to finish the "Circuit Breaker" mission.
Like many of you, I do not have the bankroll to take on the task.
So I thought, we can form a group and pool our resources together so that we can get this done together.
In the longer term, we can continue this mid level hunters team hunting into the future if it is successful for all.

Requirement:
Level: Participant has to be level 30 to 80 in any hunting profession.
Number of members in team: 10-12.
Weapon: Armatrix 25 weapon with amp + sight + scope of your choice. No enhancer. Craters who can provide good pricing for Armatrix are welcome to supply.
Armor: Pixie Adjusted + serpent plate and above. Crafter with good pricing on armor and plate are welcome to supply.
Healing: min 35 hp per heal. Resto chip is optional.
Ring: Up to individual.
Transport: Sleipnir, Quad or teleport chip
Bankroll: min 2,000 ped each

Objective:
I have played other games like World of Warcraft and is used to organizing team event but Entropia Universe seems to be very limited to individual adventure.
So I hope that we can start team hunting especially for mid level players so that we can progress together.
I also hope that this initiative can create a healthy eco system between hunters, crater and miners so as to make this game more enjoyable.

Rules:
Team loot setting: Contribution: Share Loot.
Item: Whoever gets the item keeps it.

Who is this for:
For mid level hunters who want to do team hunting.
As loot distribution may not be optimum depending on the weapon and skills of individuals, only people who are not fussy about loot distribution may join.
People who can afford to lose the bulk of the 2k ped at the end of this hunting event.

Who it is not for:
Too low level hunters.
Too high level hunters.
People who are fussy about loot.
People who cannot afford to lose the bulk of the 2k ped at the end of this hunting event.

Which mob:
Eomon young/mature seems to be a good mob to start as it gives the chance to loot the Marber BGH rifle, shopkeeper pad, mod armor and ESIs.

Which weapon:
Armatrix 25 weapon which is max at level 30 and can last longer per ped versus bigger guns.
It has decent efficiency: I am using Armatrix bc-25 with beast amp + Longreach 4 + 2x Bullseye 8 at 65% efficiency at low markup (not more than 108%).
Important thing is to even out the loot in longer period of time.
I tend to lose 200 ped per hour in TT using level 50 weapon but lose around 50 ped per hour using level 20+ weapon.
So I just need 1 global per hour to break even with level 25 armatrix in my hunting :)

Bankroll:
Some will argue that 2k ped each per person in bankroll is too little to take on Eomon.
Below is how I calculate bankroll.
Eomon mature health: 5240
Est cost per kill: 17.47 ped
Number of kill: 500 per session
Cost per session: 8733 ped
Est TT loss: 5%
Est total TT loss over 30 day month: 13,100
Total bankroll per month required: 21,833
Individual has to manage their own bankroll and not spend more than 873 ped per session.

Security:
You are advised to use Entropia Pocket 2FA for better account security. I have just activated mine.

Streaming:
I will try to stream this event on Twitch:
People can see the number of participants in team and request to be added if there is vacancy.
I am new to twitch, just created the account so bear with me... :)

Time:
Target Start Time: MA 12:00 hours
Est End Time: MA 17:00 hours
This time is US morning time, Europe afternoon time and Asia night time. We will adjust if need be.

Target start date for first session:
8 July 2022 (Friday) MA 12:00 hours.

For those who are interested, please indicate your in-game name here in the forum.
Team selection is on a first come first serve basis.

Moderator please move this thread to the right location if it should not be here.

Please keep this thread clean and no trolling please.

Sorry that your event never happened. I don't think there is much demand for teaming outside of established friendship circles, especially above the noob "barbarella hunts" that pop up, but I don't really know, I have no friends.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying, I'm not sure why you think that the Circuit Breaker mission would somehow become cheaper to do in a team environment. These missions are purely based on individual PED burn, It costs about 20k or so PED to do. Teaming would only lower your contribution each mob, and maybe give you more stable returns over a larger number of loot events, but you still have to pay that 20k PED in some form as a blood offering to Lootius.

GL on your next event. Maybe lower the bar and do some miniature longtooth with a group of noobs and some bukins, that might be more popular among the streaming fans.

Also I'm highly impressed that you somehow manage to take on eomon in adjusted pixie and serpent at your approximate HP without getting obliterated. Well done! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think one of biggest mistakes is rule about looting items. The only reason i would go do teamhunt like this is to possible have share in looted unl items. Also like Katie wrote it wont speed up your quest.
Agreed. there is no reason i would risk loosing 2k if sm1 loots a Marber and we dont share the profit. why should I let a sole person get the fruits of team work?. Its not that the risk is insane but the reward should be of equal if not more value.

I've been doing team hunts on stream with 6-10 people almost everyday with like 40 people watching. You should join us. We normally have a 50 dps limit so we can split items evenly

Sorry that your event never happened. I don't think there is much demand for teaming outside of established friendship circles, especially above the noob "barbarella hunts" that pop up, but I don't really know, I have no friends.

Unless I misunderstand what you were saying, I'm not sure why you think that the Circuit Breaker mission would somehow become cheaper to do in a team environment. These missions are purely based on individual PED burn, It costs about 20k or so PED to do. Teaming would only lower your contribution each mob, and maybe give you more stable returns over a larger number of loot events, but you still have to pay that 20k PED in some form as a blood offering to Lootius.

GL on your next event. Maybe lower the bar and do some miniature longtooth with a group of noobs and some bukins, that might be more popular among the streaming fans.

Also I'm highly impressed that you somehow manage to take on eomon in adjusted pixie and serpent at your approximate HP without getting obliterated. Well done! :ROFLMAO:
It's fine that the event does not happen, I can always do something else. :)

It may not cheaper (or more expensive, for that matter) to do it in a team, just that you have a higher chance of success doing as a team as we can pool together the resources and have a bigger bankroll. This bigger bankroll will allow all in the team to have a higher chance to sustain until the (near) breakeven or until a good item drop.

You will not be TT positive at mid level and you will need MU to cover the TT losses. Normal oil or tier component etc MU may not be enough to cover the TT losses, you probably need the big item drop like BGH, Mod armor, ESI and such to cover the losses. I used to hunt Caperon, even with the mushroom and output amp, which have good MU, it is still not profitable.

For finishing the Eomon quest, you get a choice of ELM weapon and 23,000 blazaars which is worth more than 400 ped . So you are actually compensated for the loss in TT in other another way.

For team hunting, the damage is shared among the teammates and thus you will have time to heal up while other are shooting. Just like noobs sweating/swunthing Ambu? That is what I think, but I may be wrong.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your view on this.

You can add me as friend if you want and watch my stream when I go live. :)

I think one of biggest mistakes is rule about looting items. The only reason i would go do teamhunt like this is to possible have share in looted unl items. Also like Katie wrote it wont speed up your quest.
There is nothing stopping people to share the looted unlimited items with the rest of the team. The rule just state that you can keep it, but what individual do with it is up to them. :)

There is nothing stopping people to share the looted unlimited items with the rest of the team. The rule just state that you can keep it, but what individual do with it is up to them. :)
And thats exacly the rule that made me and few people i talked about your idea not even shoot 1 ped.

And thats exacly the rule that made me and few people i talked about your idea not even shoot 1 ped.
That is perfectly fine. Everyone has their own considerations. I have seen team hunt in Entropia Universe where the organizer states clearly item split upfront but the person who looted the item do not want to split the loot. There is nothing that the organizer can do about it, except to complain. So, instead of setting a rule that I cannot governed, I rather find good company who enjoy playing the game together and share the item that they looted on their own initiative. For all you know, you could be the one who looted the item and you get to decide what to do with it.

Have good weekend :)

That is perfectly fine. Everyone has their own considerations. I have seen team hunt in Entropia Universe where the organizer states clearly item split upfront but the person who looted the item do not want to split the loot. There is nothing that the organizer can do about it, except to complain. So, instead of setting a rule that I cannot governed, I rather find good company who enjoy playing the game together and share the item that they looted on their own initiative. For all you know, you could be the one who looted the item and you get to decide what to do with it.

Have good weekend :)
Tell the community and get them blacklisted from every team hunt. I've had to do that once. They can no longer participate in any of my events or other streamers, teams, or societies with whom I have contacts. It makes the game pretty damn lonely when literally no one wants to trade with you, talk to you or hang out with you because you valued a few ped short-term for long-term fun.

Back