Question: Migration in the universe

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Why does only callypso have migration during summer? Why cant the migration strech around to other planets? Why does only calypso have migration and not the other planets?

Why does only callypso have migration during summer?

Because Eomons and LTs are living on Calypso.

Why cant the migration strech around to other planets?

They carry loot, at least all the ones i killed so far carried some, so it wont be wise for them to travel thru space, and probably they cant afford a warp.

Migration type events are coming soon to Arkadia, this was something they said they were working on in one of their dev blogs

My god this thread is toxic....

Migration is a Calypso specific event, as others, scattered among useless comments, have already specified. To go into more detail, there is some amount of lore that could be found in the past regarding this migration, and MA still mentions stuff from time to time (pheromone levels and similar things). The other planets have all started with a completely different background story (Caly is a originally a wild planet colonised by humans, while Rocktropia for example was more of a theme park planet with mainstream culture references - hence an eomon migration wouldn't fit with the overall theme there)

My god this thread is toxic....

Migration is a Calypso specific event, as others, scattered among useless comments, have already specified. To go into more detail, there is some amount of lore that could be found in the past regarding this migration, and MA still mentions stuff from time to time (pheromone levels and similar things). The other planets have all started with a completely different background story (Caly is a originally a wild planet colonised by humans, while Rocktropia for example was more of a theme park planet with mainstream culture references - hence an eomon migration wouldn't fit with the overall theme there)
Toxic how?
I was wondering why calypso has a three month long event and the other planets dont have a single event during the summer.
Lore or not, why is calypso worth more just because its owned by Mindark? planet partners are not worth the same?

Once you leave Calypso all simple tasks become immensely miserable and, over long periods, likely impossible
this is more interesting than the OP that has a simjple asnwer already given
the only problem with a multiplanet economy is having an inefficient auction house
(i think is it a voluntary feature to allow the existence of booths and shops that would disapear with universe wide AH and "armor set bundling"

Toxic how?
I was wondering why calypso has a three month long event and the other planets dont have a single event during the summer.
Lore or not, why is calypso worth more just because its owned by Mindark? planet partners are not worth the same?
How long lasts GoldRush? Or do you want a Summer event at the same time as Migration?

The Living Tribunal said:

Once you leave Calypso all simple tasks become immensely miserable and, over long periods, likely impossible
this is more interesting than the OP that has a simjple asnwer already given
the only problem with a multiplanet economy is having an inefficient auction house
(i think is it a voluntary feature to allow the existence of booths and shops that would disapear with universe wide AH and "armor set bundling"

I would really like to know what tasks become impossible? Im sure there are still enough active ubers that can satisfy that demand in other planets without AH. People can also be picky and say that a 1 ped fee over caly price is a ripoff in another planet.

Lets have summer migration on Caly, autumn migration on Ark, Winter migration on NI, Spring migration on Cyrene.

Let's make each last 2 months

oh, Rocktropia and toulan.... hmmmm..... let them have the 4 months where there is no migration split between them

this way we have migration all year around

camo bgh, marber bgh, piron bgh, zorra bgh, slimey snake bgh, tommy gun bgh FOR EVERYONE!!11!!

I tested AH on every planet.Works perfect.Nothing different from Calypso AH.
From all the uber tycoons, you can probably help the guy who finds it impossible to play on other planets. Provide them a WP for all your stocked shops across the universe, mr.worldwide.

On a serious note: PPs could also try help getting some booths/shops stocked. Entice some crafters to have that initiative. Arkadia has at least 1 shop for miners and 1 shop for hunters fully stocked that I know of.

migration indicates they are moving from one location to another. We only see the mobs during the migration season. Where in the hell do they go, the dark side of Calypso? It might make sense to create a location they end up where the spawn is available all of the time... maybe release dna for an LA for all of them?... it could be interesting storywise to have alien mobs migrate from one planet to the next each month...

migration indicates they are moving from one location to another. We only see the mobs during the migration season. Where in the hell do they go, the dark side of Calypso? It might make sense to create a location they end up where the spawn is available all of the time... maybe release dna for an LA for all of them?... it could be interesting storywise to have alien mobs migrate from one planet to the next each month...

Then the point of the migration would be lost and no one would bother caring about hunting them during their migration period :p

You can hunt them all year long, its in the game already, all you have to do is get a tons of Creature Control Capsule - Eomon Matriarch, yw.

Back