Info: Mindark Annual Report 2014

what a dumb thing to write.
Its always the companies fault they went bust.
Dont you understand that?

Or dont u understand the customer - company relationship?

Totally correct, business 101.

In any business you will always have disgruntled customers, and to lay failure at your customers doors is a sure fire way to implode your business. Now i don't think MA have performed badly, just that the effects of changes within the system have had unforseen consequences in regard to economic implications of changes.

Unhappy customers are actually one of the most important things for a business to look at in regard to expansion/survival. Taking onboard critique and examining if that critique is actually justified and a danger to business expansion and retention of customer base.

Of course you cannot please all of the people all of the time, but if the companies bottom line is falling then finding/examining why loss of custom is occurring is a priority. After all a business without customers or a declining market is dead in the water.

But would they? Who'd buy a PC platform when we're in a world dominated by consoles.

MA's biggest mistake was making EU more like a solo game it was the community that kept people logging in and bringing in new players.

EU in it's heyday was a laugh when played in a casual manner, e.g. spend a couple of hours dancing on a roof chatting or showing a newbie around, we chose how to play but in recent years that's been lost to the point if you're not spending every second grinding an event mob or mission chain it feels like you're not wanted.

Not sure but someone might :)

Very true! Entropia is a to big and to lonely, more about survivel then having gladly fun and very little people interaction :/

Call me bored, but...I just decided to have another look at one of the "older" annual reports just for fun and decided to add what I saw in it here in the table as well. (Call it for "wholeness-sake" I guess.)

Consolidated
Net sales40 99846 79746 47845 99350 79666 38666 62569 709
Profit after amortization-5 270-8 725-20 790-7 396-16 3281 02611 56217 074
Profit after financial items-5 576-8 941-20 698-7 688-17 331-1 20012 71118 108
Total assets22 01525 71941 69151 14094 94877 78578 29268 331
Equity10 38315 56325 09340 99949 07263 46864 47548 027
Fixed assets10 48112 80527 13630 97441 94951 50233 60813 711

what a dumb thing to write.
Its always the companies fault they went bust.
Dont you understand that?

Or dont u understand the customer - company relationship?

So is it dump?

I consider everybody who refuse to deposit not as MAs customer!

I didn´t say its the customers fault, its the playerbase fault, and biggest part of playerbase are NON-DEPOSITOR!

Those should overthink their playstyle.

10$ a month wouldn´t hurt anyone, but help MA a lot.
To many refuse doing it, and brag around if they hit a big loot, and then withdraw the PEDs.

Customers like me, who deposit regularly, even if they don´t need to (because owning enough CLDs), those customers keep MA alive!

Question is: are there enough like me, who are willing to keep MA and EU alive, or is most part of players blinded by greed who only want to get out as much as possible?

i'm pretty sure it's not because of the greedy nondepositing playerbase, that mindark's net sales are decreasing every year. in my opinion it's their own fault, because they made so many players unhappy over the years and therefor lost so many customers, which will high likely never come again - not because of the game, but because of what mindark did, or didn't, and their quality when doing so.

just my 2 castles...

So is it dump?

I didn´t say its the customers fault, its the playerbase fault, and biggest part of playerbase are NON-DEPOSITOR!

To many refuse doing it, and brag around if they hit a big loot, and then withdraw the PEDs.

Customers like me, who deposit regularly, even if they don´t need to (because owning enough CLDs), those customers keep MA alive!

Question is: are there enough like me, who are willing to keep MA and EU alive, or is most part of players blinded by greed who only want to get out as much as possible?

At the end of the day Goni the fact the non depositors exist is down to MA's business model, and no fault of the playerbase. I agree with you to some point though that some do brag about the fact they not depo'd for x years etc, but again they only exist through what i would term smart play (whether that be trading or game mechanic).

Now before you even go there, i did deposit considerably more than yourself per month even though i didn't need to as i am quite proficient in making the books balance. As a result of changes of late i no longer needed the bankroll i did, put the access on withdraw and play time to time with what i have left on my account.

I don't feel the blame (if any is to be apportioned) lies with non depositors, or in fact low end depositors such as yourself. More that the economy at the moment is in a state of change and of course this affects confidence for players with ped tied up in game. Whether they are investment type players (LA owners, traders, service providers), or hunters, miners, crafters; the changes of late have significantly altered the economic status quo and i believe it is that change and uncertainty that we are now seeing the result of. I have watched mining stats on Entropia Life fall for example, now if less people mine this not only affects MA's bottom line but also that of LA owners such as FOMA, and planet LA's who i would assume have also seen tax returns diminish due to low mark ups and so less activity on their LA's for example. So this is much much more than miner/crafter/hunter but also knock on effects to LA owners, Motherships owners, invester/trader players, etc as all are affected by changes to economy.

Of course this is just my opinion and can only speak from my personal viewpoint, but i personally sold any high value ul items as i can exist using limited and the way things are pointing i saw a possibility of those items being further and further devalued. Increase in UL SIB drops, falling of value in market, high drop rate of limited guns, new better eco equipment, upgradeable EK's etc etc...

With any real world economy confidence and stability are needed to attract "inward investment", lose that confidence and things go south very quickly. I do see however that perhaps a deflation of items within EU could be good to attract new blood, as EU has a reputation of being an expensive game/virtual world to those outside. Big ticket sales that have been promoted and put to the outside world though i think have reinforced that view (asteroid sold for $1 million, etc etc).

Last edited:
Re: whose fault it would be if MA fails

You can only kill the geese that lay golden eggs once each, so if your geese are in finite supply, don't kill them, especially if the geese can communicate!

If MA would suddenly forbit non-depositors to enter game those depositor who left would realise instantly how naive they were ( whole 3 of them ...lol ).Free client is last reason u can meet few ppl in twins.

And Yes... it's MA fault, they are bussiness amateurs. Look at google, all for free and still biggest company in the world.

And Yes... it's MA fault, they are bussiness amateurs. Look at google, all for free and still biggest company in the world.

So why exactly are MA "business amateurs"? Just because it's hard to make a company show good growth and profit don't automatically mean they are "business amateurs". The RCE and possibility to withdraw money make it a difficult for them.

So is it dump?

MAs business model is to play for free but if you want you can put money ... or am I wrong.:scratch2:

So why exactly are MA "business amateurs"? Just because it's hard to make a company show good growth and profit don't automatically mean they are "business amateurs". The RCE and possibility to withdraw money make it a difficult for them.

I call them bussines amateurs because they have excellent conditions to make blossoming company. Their bussines model is ok...it's clearly visible where money come from in it. Also they have almost no competition even if RCE is niche in MMO world.
It's solely their fault that they have problems.

It is reason for existence of each company to show good growth and profit - that mean happy customers. Failing in making customers happy (especialy old and involved) is failing in busines basics....hence amateurs.

It is reason for existence of each company to show good growth and profit - that mean happy customers. Failing in making customers happy (especialy old and involved) is failing in busines basics....hence amateurs.

It can be also that you have too little capital and resources to be able to fully be successful. I think MA/EU should need a big capital investment to really be able to marketing the game. Right now they have too few paying customers to be able to improve everything they want, it's pretty clear they would need to increase the number of programers, game developers and support staff to increase the speed of development, tracking down bugs and speed up the support. They need a boost in the number of players, but lack the funds to do that quickly.

They have done some mistakes and something that could have done better, but branding them as "amateurs" just because they don't earn a lot of money is not correct. You can't make everyone happy, you will always have some customers that will be unhappy. And we are still a lot of players that have stay a very long time in the game and is happy with it, even if it's not perfect.

for sacrificing most of two generations of players this is a really weak annual report! What i see is a cemented stagnation. I expected to see exactly this. One million up. I know a lot of players who know exactly where this million is comming from. Out of their pockets!

In my point of view the situation has not been changed to the better, even though the dollar value went up by 20%, even though EU had a nice rush of new players there is nothing to show for it.

No markup, no opportunity. I think i learned from the last year that the overall ingame markup is a nice indicator for the overall situation of the game. MA has got to turn that low tide into a Tzunami really soon, or we all will see the point where the weaknesses cannot be held secret anymore.

I really wonder what happens when all those newbies reach level 40 and start to wake up!

I know a lot of players who know exactly where this million is comming from. Out of their pockets!

Ofcourse this is coming out of the players pockets where else? Their own?

even though EU had a nice rush of new players there is nothing to show for it

Think about it, when does a new player actually start depositing? After the first day, after the first week, after the first month or after the first year? So this will show on this Annual Report?

In my point of view the situation has not been changed to the better, even though the dollar value went up by 20%, even though EU had a nice rush of new players there is nothing to show for it.

Even if the revenue was a big disappointment, the decrease in personal cost is good and means that they understands that they must slim down the organization to match the cost with the revenue.

What is a bit intresting, if you compare the revenue divided between Europeans and others:

Distribution of net sales through geographical markets
Participants within the European Community 2014: 19 153 103 2013: 19 805 675
Participants from the rest of the world 2014: 21 845 099 2013: 26 991 489

The big drop is outside of Europe. So either Americans or Asians that have decrease most. My guess is that players from Asia/Australia maybe have struggled with the higher dollar and have decreased to deposing. Or MA have not succeeded in keeping and renewing their US player-base.

Ofcourse this is coming out of the players pockets where else? Their own?

years ago a 50 dollar depo lasted months, then weeks, then days, nowadays it sometimes doesnt last for 5 hours. Of course my "performance costs" upto 25-folded in the whole time, but there were many years where a good performance was able to cover its costs and even generate a small plus WHILE i skilled my way up. This is not possible anymore, so one might expect skill values to rise, instead of fall. But in the whole time (9years) my avatar value pretty much stayed the same all the time, which means skill value shrinked to a very tiny, small fraction of what it once was.

Think about it, when does a new player actually start depositing? After the first day, after the first week, after the first month or after the first year? So this will show on this Annual Report?

All of the answers.

I think the player numbers are back on the rise for at least 2 years now, so yes it should have an impact on the annual reports by now! But todays newbies are very much spoiled with really nice starter items, missions, vehicles. They kinda grow up in a kindergarden-version of EU. The impressions you get when you hunt on level 1-40 are very different to those when you hunt bigger than that.

Distribution of net sales through geographical markets
Participants within the European Community 2014: 19 153 103 2013: 19 805 675
Participants from the rest of the world 2014: 21 845 099 2013: 26 991 489

Obviously "the great influx of players" is nowhere near of what the platform is losing in player numbers. The numbers show EU is about to lose players by the millions. The worst thing is, that i get the impression that this is wanted. Theres no place for ubahs in the system anymore. They want to starve out the Duke Nukem kind of player! The numbers show that they are very good at it!

Last edited:
[...]The numbers show EU is about to lose players by the millions. The worst thing is, that i get the impression that this is wanted. Theres no place for ubahs in the system anymore. They want to starve out the Duke Nukem kind of player! The numbers show that they are very good at it!

MA thinks that from financial pov they are better with 20 semi casual low level small depositor than one uber draining system. They are right. Problem is that they think removal of those most dedicated is essential to start new game. In reality those few ubers among hundreds of "few peders" is doing great teaching and marketing job. Also keep newbie motivation to deposit/skill/progress high.

But let's not expect anything like this out of amateurs. I bet MA can't act rationally even if any other method fails.

years ago a 50 dollar depo lasted months, then weeks, then days, nowadays it sometimes doesnt last for 5 hours.

Mate, dont get me wrong,. I know exactly what you mean here. Been there, done that. To keep this game going MindArk needs to make a profit and the income comes from us, the players. now or ten years ago.

All of the answers.

I think the player numbers are back on the rise for at least 2 years now, so yes it should have an impact on the annual reports by now!

Yes sure there are people that are depositing the first day,week and month. But do they deposit the same as a player that is here a year or maybe two or a medium level player. it's an upwards curve, that for most stagnates when they reach medium level.
Yes, a new player gets spoiled. It keeps them busy for a while, skill up a little before and then hopefully the player decides to do the first deposit. however they will initially to continue to go hunt puny's with noob ammo. Their deposits will last a while.

But let's not expect anything like this out of amateurs. I bet MA can't act rationally even if any other method fails.
I dont get why your still here. you've been complaining about MA for years every chance you get. Entropia Universe (Project Entropia) has been around for over 10years now and they are still going strong? There are many many businesses that do not make anywhere close to that. You can have your disagreements on how you think they should run their company, but they are certainly not amateurs your just saying that out of spite!

I dont get why your still here.

Let me explain then. For money and entertainment.

you've been complaining about MA for years every chance you get. Entropia Universe (Project Entropia) has been around for over 10years now and they are still going strong? There are many many businesses that do not make anywhere close to that. You can have your disagreements on how you think they should run their company, but they are certainly not amateurs your just saying that out of spite!

I use "amateurs" to express somehow pejoratively towards MA bussiness abilities and management, and not breaking forum rules with curses. I see decreasing number of players, increasing player taxation and and lack of respect for old customers as regres, nowhere near to "going strong".

But feel free to find better word than amateurs for those ignorant barbarians of bussines and share. My english is rather poor (i lernt it from zero while playing EU) so you maybe find out something better.

Financial Report June 4 2015

I think Entropia has a great future :)

Last edited:
My post was moved by moderator, sorry didnt see it already existed lols :tongue2:

Back