Info: Mindark Annual Report 2015

I honestly cant tell if OZtwo really believes his point of view or if this is indeed an epic troll .....

I think I am going to lean towards it being the latter.

Both and quite destructive or maybe senile.

It's all zero sum. To be won, it must first be cycled. A person can't win a 100k ped loot because someone deposited 10000 dollars but did not cycle it. Mindark, planet partners, and la owners can't earn money if there isn't any turnover. Peds on your card is a liability.. typical bank accounting measures.

Stop with the bullshit.

Last edited:
Edit: And once again just to say, I'm not talking about personal loot pools here or really any pools at all. I'm talking about how much money MA has in the 'bank' to give out as loot.

Both and quite destructive or maybe senile.

It's all zero sum. To be won, it must first be cycled. A person can't win a 100k ped loot because someone deposited 10000 dollars but did not cycle it. Mindark, planet partners, and la owners can't earn money if there isn't any turnover. Peds on your card is a liability.. typical bank accounting measures.

Stop with the bullshit.

What's funny here is that you are right. Where did I say that this wasn't the case? All I'm saying here is that if MA doesn't have any deposit's to back loot return, then well, we will see less loot more or less.

But of course I could be wrong here and MA is just being greedy here and keeping the loot return low. But no, I'll call it the system not MA fault here.

Last edited:
Let me put some basic math here even though I know I am wasting my time.

Player A deposits $100,000
Player B wins your 85% cap of $100,000 from cycling
Player A withdraws $100,000
Player B withdraws $85,000

=loss of $185,000. or loss of $85,000 dollars depending how you look at it.

Either way MA losses. So how is this sustainable?

That is not how it works. Cash withdraws comes from player loss "account" (or pool or whatever you like to call it). There need to be equal amount of player loss to match withdrawals. Which is most likley why there's a 90 day waiting time on withdrawls, to ensure cash is coming in at the same rate as they are withdrawn. PED's on peoples PED cards are not accounted for towards the "withdrawable" pool.

Caps (meaning max loot it's possible to gain) are based on amount of activity (decay) not deposit amounts. It's just that simple.

The system doesn't care if you depo $100k and sit on your thumb for two years, doing nothing, then withdrawing it.

That money isn't factored into loot until it's "used". And then only the part used in decay activities are factored in.

If you depo $100k and only shoot $10 worth of ammo/decay, then the loot system factors $10 worth of decay into the loot pool, not $100k.

I can verify that my loot return has had nothing to do with my deposits :laugh:

That is not how it works. Cash withdraws comes from player loss "account" (or pool or whatever you like to call it). There need to be equal amount of player loss to match withdrawals. Which is most likley why there's a 90 day waiting time on withdrawls, to ensure cash is coming in at the same rate as they are withdrawn. PED's on peoples PED cards are not accounted for towards the "withdrawable" pool.

I know this is not how it works. I was showing how it does not work.

Probably out of topic, but...

Here's a simple flow chart I made...to explain what I think is happening.

simple_flow_chart.jpg

When a player deposits, the "money" goes into Mindark's account...while PEDs get created into the player's account.

Whatever happens to the "money" from then onwards...is Mindark's business now. Unless and until the player withdraws.

PEDs in a player's account is a liability...unless and until a player spends it. It can be in the form of pure peds or items whatsoever.

Stuff that has TT value but cannot be sold to the Trade Terminal for PEDs can be discounted...since you can't withdraw them and will have to use them up first.

PEDs used up are no longer in the player's control and everything is left up to the "loot pool".

A portion of the PEDs used is siphoned out of the system as payment to deeds, LA, Mindark and planet partners. (Mindark and PPs probably have a higher hierarchy for withdrawals...since they need "money" for day to day operations.)

A player's returns, in the form of loot, is likely to be purely dependent upon the "state" of the loot pool. The loot pool can "never" pay out more than it has.

From then on, its a "closed" loop...wherein the loot (PEDs) obtained gets fed back into the player's account and then spent or withdrawn...depending on what he or she decides to do with it.

The more the player cycles it (without "input"...aka "deposits"), the "thinner" the PEDs become...since there's the part which gets siphoned off.

The lesser amount of PEDs that the loot pool has, the more disastrous the player's returns become.

So long as there's no deposits to replenish the loot pool that is.

And in this scenario, we're talking about "one" player. Multiply that with the number of active players/depositors...and we get what we're looking at now....where someone could "potentially" get more out of the system than what he or she had deposited. (But that's merely an illusion.)

At any point in time, PEDs are not "asset-backed"...as in 10 PEDs backed with 1 USD of asset. But as long as Mindark can continue to fulfill the player's withdrawals...nothing serious is gonna occur. But once that fails...all hell breaks loose.

:dunce:

Last edited:
Back