MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
ma-buysbackclds-banner-600.jpg

Gothenburg, Sweden - October 26, 2012 --- It was approximately one year ago that sixty-thousand (60,000) Calypso Land Deeds were offered at $100 USD each within Entropia Universe through the in-game auction system. The land deeds provide revenue sharing to participants so players can receive a share in the Planet Partner gross revenue of Planet Calypso.

MindArk announced today that they are offering more CLDs - read the full story here.

Last edited:
Fishy to say the least....

ma-buysbackclds-banner-600.jpg

Gothenburg, Sweden - October 26, 2012 --- It was approximately one year ago that sixty-thousand (60,000) Calypso Land Deeds were offered at $100 USD each within Entropia Universe through the in-game auction system. The land deeds provide revenue sharing to participants so players can receive a share in the Planet Partner gross revenue of Planet Calypso.

MindArk announced today that they are offering more CLDs - read the full story here.

where did you get that info? :eyecrazy:

at first I thought, oh no they are giving out more deeds, which would make the existing ones less valuable, but they got them back from someone who bought a huge bunch of them :silly2:

well would be worth a try to get 1 or 2 when they are auctioned

that makes me instantly think that they never sold a massive stack to a single investor (Note here, is there anything in the annual reports to give evidence to that thought??)

If my thoughts are not correct, this is what I think about it:

As a major CLD investor I don't like this at all, why does MA has to buyback 5k CLD's? This investor can list all deeds himself and at the current rate of just over 1300 ped per deed, he or she would achieve a higher roi.

Nothing of this makes much sense to me tbh

Angel

LOL. yesterday in twin peaks ppl were buying at 1280 and selling at 1330, Now with this news most resellers take 130ped loss with each deed they own.

A nice way to get more 150 ped for their pocket and crash MU on clds...

:yay:

I just hope Star and Skippie havent bought to many CLD over 1150ped for the equiptment they have sold.

:wise:

I presume that the guy who has these 25k CLDs was looking for a quick buy to get cash in real life. So he probably approached MA and said.

"Hey you wanna buy some back?"
"Sure....lets see if we can come to an agreement"

I am not saying it was like this, but one possible reason

Rgds

Ace

that makes me instantly think that they never sold a massive stack to a single investor (Note here, is there anything in the annual reports to give evidence to that thought??)

If my thoughts are not correct, this is what I think about it:

As a major CLD investor I don't like this at all, why does MA has to buyback 5k CLD's? This investor can list all deeds himself and at the current rate of just over 1300 ped per deed, he or she would achieve a higher roi.

Nothing of this makes much sense to me tbh

Angel

1.May be you are right (but even if they were never sold may be that move by MA was good for players/investors).
or
2.And you can be wrong (MA buys the deeds for 1300 peds and sell for 1150, taking loss of 75k USD trying to protect the voting system, which was screwed by someone that hold almost 50% of the votes/shares/CLD.)

In any case paying more than 1150 ped for CLD now seems like a stupid idea for the next couple of months/years.

Right before MM. Perfect timing. Geniuses. (smile.jpg)

I think MA bought the deeds in first place. And now they're saying they bought back some deeds to help the players? But profit goes to them :scratch2:

everyone knows it, they kept the deeds there never was a big investor and now MA is selling the deeds for more profit.

Last edited:
hm, nice, its time to free some peds again, to purchase more deeds :silly2:

so basically nothing changed ... the deed value will be temporarily lowered a bit, and after the 5k deeds are sold the value will grow again until a roi of ~8-10% is reached. At this point supply and demand will find a balance ...

Last edited:
Is okay. People are happy as long as the TV is on.

hm, nice, its time to free some peds again :silly2:

so basically nothing changed ... the deed value will be temporarily lowered a bit, and after the 5k deeds are sold the value will grow again until a roi of ~8-10% is reached. At this point supply and demand will find a balance ...

Dont panic so loud, you can make other investors nervouse.

LOL. yesterday in twin peaks ppl were buying at 1280 and selling at 1330, Now with this news most resellers take 130ped loss with each deed they own.

It doesn't say and I would be suprised that the 1150ped price is SB/BO, just that they offer.

MindArk will offer 5,000 deeds at US$115 each

Why would the "private investor" sell them back? There was a seller for the last couple months selling big batches (20, 50, 100, can't remember his name, should still be seen on auction) and I guess that's the person who was the big investor, why would said person decide suddenly to give up on the average profit of 150-300ped profit per deed?

questions, questions, questions....

Is okay. People are happy as long as the TV is on.

hey did you see that kid sing on the xfactor voice survivor? amazing stuff :p

lol@MA selling deeds for a higher price and "profit taking", they just dont get it do they.
MA is now just another twins reseller? (my apologies to the honourable resellers at twins btw).

Another thought, why would said presumed investor sell which will result in a fall of MU, even if it is only temporary?

hillarious, genius, they are fantastic at printing money!

hm, nice, its time to free some peds again, to purchase more deeds :silly2:

:wise: Agree.

Take a chill pill everyone :)

Perhaps, Ma had sold the big batch with a buyback option and now has just exercised their option. All kinds of things thy could have done in that big deal that we will never know. Hopefully, I can get at least one CLD this time, as I had funds tied up before which made me unwilling to partipate in the first offering.

Back