MindArk/Calypso Advertising

Why...?

Not being cynical, but if you like to play the game on PC, why bother with an app, which most likely has less to offer than the full version?

To put the app at the "top picks", so new ppl download it and more Players start enjoying EU, which leads tot bwtter loot, higher cld income, more globals,more hofs, less whining.

I think they misled us on how much of the 6 million was spent on advertising. IF they ran a campaign it was bottom budget stuff. We gave them 6 million, a portion of that was to be earmarked for advertising....and they still have not come up with anything that a 16 year old and google ads can do in an afternoon.

They missed alot of opportunities over the years that simply I don't think could ever be recouped. Many players will never return, and word of mouth for this game is not stellar. If it were, we would have a much much bigger player base, like wow or eve, where word of mouth holds the game in high regard.

In all honesty EVE has a fantastic dev team that communicates amazingly with the customers. This alone is probably the primary reason they have become so successful. They have so many player sites and Affiliate links out there that they hardly need to advertize, a majority of EVE ads are players themselves making their own campaign, and some making very healthy livings.

Cash for customers who advertize is the way EU should be going, especially if they cannot mount a campaign themselves.

People can tolerate bugs and issues if they know they are being addressed, and will weather the storms, people also have a fickle thing called loyalty when they are treated well. The loyalty of the customer base between just these two games is monumental.

If players have no faith things are being addressed or that the company even knows they exist, like many feel with MA...people will leave at some point, and that is much more along the lines of an active anti-ad campaign.

To put the app at the "top picks", so new ppl download it and more Players start enjoying EU, which leads tot bwtter loot, higher cld income, more globals,more hofs, less whining.

OK, you had me at "Players start enjoying EU".

MA still need to improve their communication with their player.
how many player would recomend EU to their friend or familly ? not mutch
On those who did , how many regret that action , and will now STFU and dont speak about EU to their friend ? quite a lot...

problem of EU no one want to recomand it , not even game revue...

at best you have article about this or that player who did break world record of most expensive virtual item...

and , i am sorry to say it but , EU advert , does not make people want click and test game... any corean/chinise free game have way better advert , better site to show game and info , and way easier way to download instal and play game...

MA still need to improve their communication with their player.
how many player would recomend EU to their friend or familly ? not mutch
On those who did , how many regret that action , and will now STFU and dont speak about EU to their friend ? quite a lot...

problem of EU no one want to recomand it , not even game revue...

at best you have article about this or that player who did break world record of most expensive virtual item...

and , i am sorry to say it but , EU advert , does not make people want click and test game... any corean/chinise free game have way better advert , better site to show game and info , and way easier way to download instal and play game...

One benefit to advertising is that it allows MA to find new players that like EU as it is.

Planet Calypso Ad seen while browsing YouTube channels

Planet Calypso Ad seen while browsing YouTube channels
attachment.php

cbssports.com

I was shocked to see an ad for Entropia when I logged in to cbssports.com to check on my fantasy football team. This is the first time that I saw an ad for Entropia. Keep in mind that there are so many ways to advertise today that it would be impossible for all of us to know what they have planned.

I see tons of ads.

After browsing to Entropia Universe.com on Google Chrome the EU ads wont stop!

Too bad I am already a customer.

I was shocked to see an ad for Entropia when I logged in to cbssports.com to check on my fantasy football team. This is the first time that I saw an ad for Entropia. Keep in mind that there are so many ways to advertise today that it would be impossible for all of us to know what they have planned.

I don't know for sure, but it's possible that they use google ads, and that because of your previous search history, this was the ad selected.

Of course, you already know about it, would be nice if the advertising was directed to people who haven't already searched for EU.

and another ad
attachment.php

You are quite right. Our demographic is the older player with incomes to support the costs to play. Not many 12 year olds can afford $10000 land areas with their pocket money.
I think though, this game needs two tiers. The younger gamers who can play without spending to much and enjoy, and as they grow get real life jobs can then deposit to play at a higher level.

This is exactly what we need we need to get more players into the game however,finally atleast some of them will stay wich is victory on the end.

Even if MA doesnt want to we as players MUST advertise Entropia everywhere in any posible way.Also we should urge MA about this problem spam them do everything to make them realise this bigg problem for this game,cause this game needs more new players,and i dont mean players that will stay for week and go i mean real players that stay for years.And on the end if MA really doesnt want we have obligation to save this game and atleast advertise it ourselfs to the maximum that is only way to ensure this game will survive.This game has become the part of our lifes,we have played it some of us for even 10 years,it became something we just cant live withouth.We just cant let it like this i urge all the Entropia players to start advertising the game imidietly!

I think i have heard of one person that has seen an ad for PE that didnt already play.

MA are not very good, understatement, when it comes to advertising. They have always relied on word of mouth and news reports about the silly large loots and most expensive items.

I wish to god they would do just ONE tv advert.....please just ONE! I would bet my left arm that that would double the current active player base in a couple of weeks. (i am not saying they will all stay, but if some did that would have been worth while)

Google ads aint working......

Rgds

Ace

I think i have heard of one person that has seen an ad for PE that didnt already play.

MA are not very good, understatement, when it comes to advertising. They have always relied on word of mouth and news reports about the silly large loots and most expensive items.

I wish to god they would do just ONE tv advert.....please just ONE! I would bet my left arm that that would double the current active player base in a couple of weeks. (i am not saying they will all stay, but if some did that would have been worth while)

Google ads aint working......

Rgds

Ace

You want to know how I heard about EU? I read a Cracked article about the Queen Egg.

I've been on MMO player for a decade, even go to mmo review websites to find out about all the different mmos, and I still had NEVER heard of EU until a random Cracked article.

Sometimes it's like they don't even want to try to get new players on board.

I think there ad design could be improved. Maybe they should hold a player contest for best ad design ^^ I'm sure there are a lot of talented players that could come up with some better ads to spark curiosity.

At least once a day I see a commercial for an Android/iPhone game on television. If these freemium games can afford tv commercials - how is it that Mindark can't afford one for Entropia? Here are a few I see on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXHAYzTPg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyb1hZsfWII

and I saw this one on Thursday Night Football which had to be an expensive buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskC7JRL9M

I just saw this one on the FX Network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofp7PWyV42c

Last edited:
At least once a day I see a commercial for an Android/iPhone game on television. If these freemium games can afford tv commercials - how is it that Mindark can't afford one for Entropia? Here are a few I see on a regular basis.

MA give away planet , so its PP who pay for advert...
seems those PP do not spend much in advert.I wonder why MA dont push them more to do advert or something...
most of those PP became calypso leech...

btw sometimes I wonder how someone in USA/or elsewhere/ can tell if a game is not advetrized in Kazahstan.
What advertisement can there be that is not on the internet, but is enought for everyone to say "OK this game really is well advertised in the target country.

Awesome commercials for a game!
Yea bet I wasn't cheap to have those created unless you have connections of course.
A little research into each game shows they are only one game of a bigger company with the connections and investors.
A quick copy past of what I found-

First link ‘the hobbit’ by company called Kabam Games
Founded in 2006 in Silicon Valley, Kabam has more than 750 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco, game studios in San Francisco, Vancouver, Canada, and Beijing, China, and business offices in Austin, Tex., London, England, Seoul, Korea, Strassen, Luxembourg, and Berlin, Germany.”

Kabam games include some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Kabam’s hit franchise Kingdoms of Camelot has grossed more than $200 million in less than four years and is one of the top ten strategy franchises of all time. Dragons of Atlantis is another top 20 strategy game. Kabam has partnered with leading Hollywood studios for mobile and Web games based on such iconic films as The Hobbit, Fast & Furious 6, and The Godfather.

Seven Kabam games gross more than $1 million per month, including three grossing more than $2 million and two grossing more than $7 million per month. Currently, three Kabam games are on the iOS Top 15 grossing list. At the end of 2012, Kabam’s first mobile game, Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle for the North was the highest grossing app on iOS of the year.

Not to mention the investors are some of the worlds leading media, tech, and venture capital firms including -Warner Brothers, Redpoint Ventures, Pinnacle, MGM Studios, Intel Capital and Google Ventures just to name a few.

Second link ‘bubble witch’ game by company called King
King makes more than 190 titles in over 200 countries. Hits include Candy Crush Saga, Farm Heros Saga, Papa Pear Saga, Pet Rescue Saga blah blah blah

King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin and Singapore along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.

Investors include: Apax Partners and Index Ventures.

Third link ‘game of war’ by company Machine Zone
Machine Zone is on the verge of raising a round of financing that will catapult it into the ranks of the most valuable startups in the world.

The developer of “Game of War: Fire Age,” a popular mobile game with a built-in language translator, is in advanced talks with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s asset management group about raising funding at a valuation of more than $3 billion, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

Sales of virtual currency within game have added up. The company projects revenue this year of around $600 million, according to one of the people familiar with its financials. Apple AAPL +1.30% ranks “Game of War” at No. 3 on its list of “top grossing” game apps, behind Supercell Oy’s “Clash of Clans” at No. 1 and King Digital Entertainment PLC’s “Candy Crush Saga.”

Just bumping this post its way to important to be forgoten,come on people come up with bright ideas how to advertise the game!

Some new companies, or even small dev team use Youtube to promote their newly developped games.
Some well known compagnies make the same with their flagship license.

To use youtube to make some "commercials" they send copies of their games (or creates some accounts with some stuff on it, temporary account) to well know youtubers (lkie PewDiePie and consors^^) and ask them do to some "let's play" video test/session.

These youtuberz have a bunch of followers and have multiple times helped to launch - or relaunch - some games.
Maybe this can be interesting, now, i don't know the cost of such "advertising" campaign.

Seriously I want answers !

Where the hell did the $6 million go that was raised through CLD sales, that at the time was explicitly stated would be used on advertising ?

How many years ago was that now,,,, and NOTHING.

MA are not completely retarded , there must be someone in the company with some business sense . Surly after all these years the conclusion MUST be that they DO NOT WANT new players ( or at least in any type of volume) else they would have bloody done something !

I can only presume that due to factors unknown to the general playing pubic that due to the RCE nature of the game there would be some serious issues if X number of new people were to come into the game within period X. I think MA has known this for many years and truthfully the reason for the lack of marketing is not that MA are dumbasses , but that they have not yet figured out how to manage and stabilize an effective RCE that can handle and expanding player base.

( At least i pray this is the reason, and not infact that things are so bad they cannot afford to market)

Seriously I want answers !

Where the hell did the $6 million go that was raised through CLD sales, that at the time was explicitly stated would be used on advertising ?

How many years ago was that now,,,, and NOTHING.

MA are not completely retarded , there must be someone in the company with some business sense . Surly after all these years the conclusion MUST be that they DO NOT WANT new players ( or at least in any type of volume) else they would have bloody done something !

I can only presume that due to factors unknown to the general playing pubic that due to the RCE nature of the game there would be some serious issues if X number of new people were to come into the game within period X. I think MA has known this for many years and truthfully the reason for the lack of marketing is not that MA are dumbasses , but that they have not yet figured out how to manage and stabilize an effective RCE that can handle and expanding player base.

( At least i pray this is the reason, and not infact that things are so bad they cannot afford to market)

Or that 6m went on google ads...(hope to god it didnt)

Freaking tv advert.....please MA

Or more to the point hire an experience marketing manager.

Rgds

Ace

One thing i haven't seen from ma or any pps is trailers. First thing i normally do is look up games on youtube etc to get a feel what they are like. Something so simply and can be quite cost effective these days if you setup your own youtube channel or whatever.

Is their even an option in client to remove text icons etc for the sole purpose making movies etc.

But anyways people are rather most likely to join a game from a trailer then a wall of text and pictures explaining it.

Also people are most likely going to research the game before they join, most the topics i seen has pretty much said this game is like gambling etc which no doubt puts the average joe off when they read reviews etc. Yes everyone has a different mind set to how loot is etc but for a person who does these reviews they are not going to be doing it over a long period so this also has a negative impact on some of the reviews out their. so maybe ma can officially silent this i dont know.

Theirs alot people out their that enjoy grinding through missions etc but i would of thought the above would put bulk of them off.

Last edited:
Is their even an option in client to remove text icons etc for the sole purpose making movies etc.

But anyways people are rather most likely to join a game from a trailer then a wall of text and pictures explaining it.

What you are looking for is "Dashboard" and "Desktop Items" at the Action Library. Press those and all you have on the screen is pure gfx. You can bring up your icons again by pressing L at default settings.
Maybe we need another competition for some nice EU trailers :)

What you are looking for is "Dashboard" and "Desktop Items" at the Action Library. Press those and all you have on the screen is pure gfx. You can bring up your icons again by pressing L at default settings.
Maybe we need another competition for some nice EU trailers :)

You know i was asking for ages in my soc if their was an option, it was like dunno so thanks for info :)

for those talking about gambling things etc...
Hard to tell to people that this game is not a game, but a virtual universe.
How to make a trailer, and adding, Free2play! And when people join, the only they can be agreed with is that without depo, they have to make TONS of sweating grind or hours of Dung/Fruits Walks.....
Cause The Gateway and mission in Here are cool, but you complete it within 1 hour (and this with taking the time to look carefully at the landscapes^^)
But, when you land on calypso (icarus), only 2 missions, then you have to make money for ammo, and withtout someone Faping you, a freshly noob can't defeat the starving Atrax solo^^

So people have to learn to make friends of course, but i think a Trailer must insist that the Game is a Free2Grind if you don't depot or take a starter pack.

The starter packs parice are decent, and even if the armor is pretty useless, the gun (and the amp :) ) is pretty a good deal, and the amount of Universal ammo let fresh people lot s of puny to kill before runing out of ammo (this time they have loot some b101/azuro/etc) to sell and take another ammo or pay someone to lead them to boreas/ola42/nea's place) or gather some TP and advise themsleve to look for a good mentor.

And i stay on a vidz from some popular youtubers, showing the game as a fresh player (with starter pack and info about them) then, another video of another popular youtuber, with higher gear etc to motive freshy ones to play harder to gain higher gear. i think video about Uberz will demotivates new potential players when they will discover that to become a uber, you have to put aside the F2P(or even low cost) experience and play in Investing a lot.

And some TV spots (ike other F2P games about planes/tank/antique population wars etc...i will not tell the names but everyones know which ones i m talking about) can help gather new players.

Back