MindArk copying EVE Online?

Where i probably mistake is launch date of eve... i thought eve got launched in 2004

First EvE Beta was in 2001, Official release date 2003

Entropia Beta was in 2001 and also released in 2003

Come to think about it, if MindArk should copy anything from EVE it should be the number of active players. Easily measurable through facebook fans (would guess approx a fith of a playerbase would be representative in facebook page likes).

EVE has over 100,000 fb likes whereas all the unique likes for entropia planets probably doesn't add up to more than 6000. (Quite surprised at how many more likes next island has compared to calypso. what a joke.)
:offtopic:
Ahh, now we can calculate the active player (logged on at the same time) base. Eve has around 30.000, which would leave Entropia with 1800 players. Divided through 3 planets atm, means 600 players per planet.

No wonder loot is not that good. :broke:

Ahh, now we can calculate the active player (logged on at the same time) base. Eve has around 30.000, which would leave Entropia with 1800 players. Divided through 3 planets atm, means 600 players per planet.

If we completely disregard the fact that EVE has had a FB page for much longer (and a lot of other things), sure... :coffee:

If we completely disregard the fact that EVE has had a FB page for much longer (and a lot of other things), sure... :coffee:

the thing is with eve online tho it tells you the number of active accounts online when you log on.

..I am trending more and more to go play a subscription game for far cheaper and far less aggrivation over the stupid shit that goes on here now...

Totally spot on Bro.
:beerchug:

the thing is with eve online tho it tells you the number of active accounts online when you log on.

That doesn't mean that you can calculate how many people play Entropia by comparing the facebook pages.

That doesn't mean that you can calculate how many people play Entropia by comparing the facebook pages.

no i agree but thats 1 reason they also have a lot more activity and a bigger community, 2 games that have been out the same length of time and they have a vast amount of players in comparison.

but then again there is more factors that come into play in comparison with the 2 games, firstly CCP use advertisement EU does not, secondly slightly off topic

Hardcore Eve player £14 month until you make a lot of ISK then its free

Hardcore EU player a very bang bank account or rich mammy n daddy or the life and day of sweating

what would you choose?

firstly CCP use advertisement EU does not, secondly slightly off topic

Hardcore Eve player £14 month until you make a lot of ISK then its free

Hardcore EU player a very bang bank account or rich mammy n daddy or the life and day of sweating

what would you choose?

I've only ever seen a couple of magazine adverts for Eve and none on TV.

tbh your second point although :offtopic: is almost certainly why EU is so small in comparison and has been pointed out to MA countless times and ignored or derided with 'your doing it wrong' or 'come back when you've spent 100x as much' .

Last edited:
Um does anybody remember that none of those games are RCE? That is the principal factor in this game, and with RCE comes more seriousness and also a bigger wallet. And yea i agree with the poster above me, you don't need a huge bank account to play this game, with as little as $20 a month you can play perfectly fine if you know what you are doing, and I am talking from my own experience, not pure assumptions.

Back