MindArk Cultivating Online Immortality in Entropia Universe by Incorporating Advanced Artificial Intelligence Research - Busi

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Business Wire (press release)[/SIZE]

MindArk Cultivating Online Immortality in Entropia Universe by Incorporating Advanced Artificial Intelligence Research
[SIZE=-1]Business Wire (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Swedish-based company is positioning the company's long-running online multiplayer game Entropia Universe as a potential reality where human consciousness can be inserted into virtual characters, making it possible to continue to live on as an ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, next project of MA is to make us able to insert our coinciousness into our avatar..

Taming took how many years?....

I shall be dead by the time this is available

Imagine the implementation & all the funny bugs given MAs track record.

Insert your mind. Spawn as a retarded version of Count van Schlong on steroids. Doomed to get shot to pieces on every encounter and able to actually feel the pain.

What's not to like I ask you!

Yay, stuck in virtual purgatory & condemned to sweat stinky ambus for all eternity
This is exactly what I thought when I read it! :D

Yes, all the big corporations/governments are pushing hard in this direction. We learn more and more about the mechanics of the brain every day... but nobody knows how far we are from figuring this out. Might be decades, might be centuries, might be never.
The human brain is by far the most complex object in the (known) Universe. We're still just a bunch of Neanderthals no need to get all cocky about it.

Anyway, what we do know for certain, should anybody make the breakthrough, they most certainly won't let a little useless fly like MA anywhere near it. If you have resources for cutting edge AI research you can generate your own virtual reality matrix in 2 days and dump all of us into it. Like lab rats, to generate their precious Big Data for them, or whatever they'll figure out to exploit us.

Doesn't hurt to dream but c'mon, this is so freakin' unrealistic it's absolutely hilarious... :laugh:

Please mindark stop with this b.s and focus in improve game
STOP WASTE MANPOWER you dont have in side projects

just when we thought we reached peak stupid...maybe it's an advertising strategy? is it the humor lost in the translation or what?

Wanna bet there's a token or coin connected to this somehow?

Buy 1000 DT2 and get beta access to having your consciousness uploaded....

Sounds like someone let ND into the coke again.

I believe I did send in a suggestion about Memorial Island a while back. This actually would be doable.

human consciousness can be inserted into virtual characters, making it possible to continue to live on as an avatar well after their human body has passed.

Hmm, finally botting support ingame :laugh: Would be great to insert my hunting consciousness into my avatar and let it continue to hunt when my body is sleeping :cool:

is this real life? i didn't feel anything ... but ok now i have two fingers ... ring fingers! ... don't put them in your mouth!

i don't see anything and i don't feel tired... why is this happening to me? ... will this be forever? :duh:

I don't want my stinky real life consciousness anywhere near an avatar that CANT SIT DOWN!!

So this will be like prison commissary waiting for someone to depo so you can hunt.

[FONT=&quot]“The virtual world may hold the key to life after death, according to established online game developer MindArk.”

Errm...No!

No it doesn’t.[/FONT]

so, does that mean Neverdie's going to do a cyrogenic upgrade, separating his body from his frozen brain, and that brain will be used to control the ai?

Mindark's many screw ups and down time make this article a way off impossibility. If they can't even keep the game server going during an upgrade, why do they think anyone would trust them with their own souls so to speak?

Also, look at all the bugs, etc... Hell, ai doesn't even exist in game... mobs just chase an avatar forever after it gets aggro...

There was talk several years ago about Mindark allowing wills of in game items to real world descendants... maybe they can revive that idea a bit...

MindArk Cultivating Online Immortality in Entropia Universe by Incorporating Advanced Artificial Intelligence Research

AI?

lol, after 13 years MA hasn't even created a single NPC that can do more than just stand and generate a text balloon.

After 13 years not even able to give mobs an AI other than to just walk straight at you.

:laugh:

another question: what is the Business Model going to look like?

dead avatars/players (if there still is a distinction at that time) cannot deposit...or should I change my will to have all my belongings put in a special trust fund that deposits 100$ every month from now until the end of eternity? :laugh:

MEN FÖR I HELVETE, focus on your game. What does it matter if you down the line for once manage a big influx of new players from one of your crazy campaigns, when they arrive to this? Good product will attract new customers by itself, pleased customers are the best brand ambassadors. 101 ffs

I wonder how that decision came into play...

"How can we milk our players even after they die IRL?"

"I know ... Make an "AI" that continues to shoot after they have died!"

"How can we milk our players even after they die IRL?"

"I know ... Make an "AI" that continues to shoot after they have died!"

:lolup:

I think it's obvious that this is just a random press release to attract a few players here and there..
They should publish these kind of things more often, maybe even do real advertising. :confused:

:lolup:

I think it's obvious that this is just a random press release to attract a few players here and there..
They should publish these kind of things more often, maybe even do real advertising. :confused:

I agree!

Like... didn't we have an event recently that ended with one lucky avatar receiving stuff worth a lot of money...

How about an short interview with him, release it, like advertising..

Nah, let's go with fucking "AI" for our avatars after the owner dies.

To make it even worse:
-"What killed him?"
-"Entropia, and now he is stuck in it. Poor sob"

FML

There is so much stuff they could do...
Affiliate program, promotions at events with sign up bonus, invite a friend, just a few things I come up with in 10 seconds.
I really don't understand why they seem to, intentionally, keep the player base so limited :confused:

Back