Info: Mindark IPO 2023-01-27

Pete Longmorn

Guardian
nice quote from the bottom website (Google translated):

"All the experience we have gathered through our long and eventful history means that we look forward to an exciting future with big changes. Implementation of a new graphics engine, Unreal Engine 5 is in full swing, a big investment for MindArk that we expect to launch in 2025. The switch to Unreal Engine 5 will pave new paths for Entropia Universe and MindArk, from user experience to marketing channels and also how our IT -resources are utilized."

I remember reading about this a few years ago, seems like those plans might have been stalled by covid. The fact that they're moving with this now is a good sign I think.

MindArk PE AB approved for listing on Spotlight Stock Market
Wed, Jan 11, 2023 17:10 CET

MindArk PE AB (publ) (the "Company" or "MindArk") is a Swedish digital entertainment company that has developed and operated the game Entropia Universe since 2003 - according to the Company the world's first MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) with a Real-Cash-Economy.

Since its inception in 2003, the company has been developing Entropia Universe, a virtual universe where users can create their personal avatars and operate in a science-fiction-inspired environment. Entropia Universe was developed by MindArk to allow people to engage in social and economic interactions beyond what is possible in the real world.

Entropia Universe consists of a digital economy called "Real-Cash-Economy" (RCE) where commodities, materials, land and buildings are represented as digital assets that all have a computed base value.

Entropia Universe is the only online world with a functioning money system that is not linked to a blockchain, the currency in Entropia Universe has a fixed exchange rate against the USD. The Entropia Universe economy and its link to the USD is proven and has built up a strong and important trust capital over its 20 years of being in full operation.

As of January 1, 2023, MindArk has 61 employees. In the period Jan-Oct 2022, MindArk had sales of approximately SEK 71.7 million and an operating profit of approximately SEK 15.2 million, corresponding to an operating margin of 21%. MindArk has been operating and developing Entropia Universe for 20 years and the Company is today well equipped to maintain, and develop its market position to advance further and take additional market share in a growing market.

Henrik Nel Jerkrot, CEO of MindArk PE AB, comments

"The listing on the Spotlight Stock Market is an important milestone for MindArk. For two decades MindArk has developed and operated a virtual universe that has entertained users worldwide, enriched virtual entrepreneurs and even made it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Above all, we have proven that you can turn a virtual universe into a profitable and successful business"

The offer

The company will not offer any new or old shares for sale but will conduct a so-called direct listing of existing shares. A subscription price has therefore not been set.

Listing on the Spotlight Stock Market
MindArk PE AB has been approved for listing on the Spotlight Stock Market.

Information about the share

Short name: MNDRK
ISIN of the share: SE0019354358
First day of trading: tentative first day of trading is 27 January 2023.
Company website: www.mindark.com

The company's memorandum will shortly be available at www.spotlightstockmarket.com.

For more information, please contact:

Carl-Henrik Nordberg
Head of Listings, Spotlight Stock Market
+46 8 511 68 008
listings@spotlightstockmarket.com

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

If you take a look at CLD payments, MindArk has had very good revenue these past 3 years, with 2022 being the best of the 3. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. This seems like a great time for them to go public vs most other times in the past decade. Say what you will about these guys, but the team they've had running the show these past 4-5 years seems to know what they're doing. I'm excited to see where this goes, and can't wait for the 2025 UE5 update.

I'm not going to lie, this scares me... The motivation for a company that is public versus one that is private can be completely different.

MindArk has pretty much always been able to do what is right for the overall health and future of the game, is this going to be permitted to continue going forward? Are public investors going to understand the value of long-term health versus short-term profits or gains?

not gonna hold my breath. this isnt the first time this has been a discussion.

not gonna hold my breath. this isnt the first time this has been a discussion.

Other:​

Update: In early August 2007, Mindark reiterated its listing plans.

Update: Mindark communicated in December 2007 that it has engaged Credit Suisse to manage the listing.

Update: Mindark was planning a listing at the end of 2008. However, due to the listing climate, in consultation with Credit Suisse, they have chosen to postpone the listing until the market is more positive.

Update: Mindark aims for a listing in the second half of 2012.

Update: The new board announced in the fall of 2011 that they are working on a listing on Nasdaq.

Update: In early 2012, Mindark published news that an IPO is in the works.

Update: In June 2012, board members say there are no plans to list the company anytime soon. No new timetable was given.

Update: In mid-May 2019, Mindark announced that they are joining Spotlight Go Public, a place for companies that want to list within 18 months on Spotlight and want to prepare.

Update: In the spring of 2020, founder and main owner Jan Welter Timkrans sold/transferred his shares to Tatiana Karunnaya. She is a model, hard care product retailer and, according to Linkedin, also an economist at Mindark. Has previously been a model for graphics in the game.

Update: When we checked the list of Go Public companies in mid-January 2021, Mindark is no longer on the list.

Update: In April 2021, Mindark wrote that no timetable for a listing has yet been decided.

Update: In mid-January 2023, Mindark announced that they are doing a direct listing on Spotlight on January 27, 2023.

Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat
Announce
Retreat

Ohh... it is 2023 already, let us Announce!

Fun fact:

Entropia officially launched on the 30th of January, 2003, which means that this IPO coincides with the 20 year anniversary practically to the day (is on the following Monday).

Another fun fact: the date of the IPO comes 6 days before Groundhog day in North America, about which there is a famous Hollywood movie in which Bill Murray relives the same day over and over again.

It's kind of funny to think about since, as has been pointed out in this thread, we are "re-living" the same IPO over and over again; our very own groundhog day of sorts :laugh:

I sent the Spotlight company an email asking how/if we can buy shares. I will post here if they reply. Maybe we all buy up the shares in record time like the NTI shares :)

Unreal development in full swing! LOL
Maybe error in translation :p

If you take a look at CLD payments, MindArk has had very good revenue these past 3 years, with 2022 being the best of the 3. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. This seems like a great time for them to go public vs most other times in the past decade.

This first bit i can agree with, increased traffic and volume in the gaming and recreation space due to covid has been a godsend for many companies in that area.

This bit not so much....
Say what you will about these guys, but the team they've had running the show these past 4-5 years seems to know what they're doing.

This first bit i can agree with, increased traffic and volume in the gaming and recreation space due to covid has been a godsend for many companies in that area.

This bit not so much....

It depends. If the Economics Explained video on Entropia was sponsored by MA, then the timing of it was just genius.

If Elon Musk learn about this he is buying half the shares and will ban all the bots.
This got me thinking of Neuralink, also remember that old article about transfering consciousness into Entropia (or smth like that)? Scary stuff :scared: But seriously, someone should post that announcement on Twitter and tag Elon :poke:

No.....Sometimes progress is not progress.

Graphics yes and game dynamics. yes.

Start from scratch and get that feel vibe back, so many gamers are looking for.

Be unique..be what everyone is looking for, human connection. without that in any game we can hit "F" .

Sure there are players that will want the skills and loot or macros but down the road or during...will show it in this game.

Even now..That is what they hope for.

MA as a coimpany has a wonderful Seniorage business model.. and profits off every small game activity so it is definitely an interersting share to follow.
if i have to find someting i dont like it is the big workforce they have hired last year, but it can make sense in an expending business plan related to the IPO.

as per the value, it is 8m USD invoicing, so probably a market capitalization of 16 to 20m is coherent... let's see what price it arrives in case.

MA as a coimpany has a wonderful Seniorage business model.. and profits off every small game activity so it is definitely an interersting share to follow.
if i have to find someting i dont like it is the big workforce they have hired last year, but it can make sense in an expending business plan related to the IPO.

as per the value, it is 8m USD invoicing, so probably a market capitalization of 16 to 20m is coherent... let's see what price it arrives in case.
I so agree

This got me thinking of Neuralink, also remember that old article about transfering consciousness into Entropia (or smth like that)? Scary stuff :scared: But seriously, someone should post that announcement on Twitter and tag Elon :poke:
I remember hearing about this article and I would totally volunteer to be the guinea pig. Though having your consciousness put inside the game world and then spending your time sweating wouldn't be that fun.

Couple of points: it's only a listing, with no new shares for now, so volumes may be extremely low, but it's a step towards seeking new capital more broadly.

UE5 is slated for a 2025 release here, as an 'expectation'. We still have a few mobbies to kill in what we currently have then ...

Those share tokens for 1% we'll be getting as of 'soon' won't be paying out for a while, so maybe the ped value of traded tokens will be lower than I thought in the other thread where I was hoping for 2023...

Back