MindArk launches cryptocurrency for Entropia Universe virtual worlds - VentureBeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
And only 77$ in last 24hrs...Yesterday morning was 2535 i think...right now it's 2612.

:lolup:
On the positive side they have already 'earned' more then with last years annual sale of the avatar statues which btw have still not been delivered nor has the process of making those statues even started...(Disclaimer: Yes im biased im one of those deed owners :rolleyes:)

LuisArkadov

Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
On the positive side they have already 'earned' more then with last years annual sale of the avatar statues which btw have still not been delivered nor has the process of making those statues even started...(Disclaimer: Yes im biased im one of those deed owners :rolleyes:)
Well, yes. Another glass half full view would be that at almost 3k$ in 2 days it's nearly 10% of Conpet revenues after 2years.

Earthshattering benchmarks are being set here in the recent past.

Re delivering what was sold or promised, i hear you. Also waiting for my ark land plot since March last year.

morfoc

Alpha
Society
AF-RFC
MORFOC AS SERBAN
In my opinion it is already in the idea to sell a lot of deeptoken during the implantation in the economy, having a lot of ingame addict. they will be forced by their addictions to buy them :(

whitepaper v6
The DeepToken will also have a
function in the Entropia Universe
payment and withdrawal process,
expediting the transfer of its in-
game virtual currency – the Project
Entropia Dollar (‘PED’) – into real-
world currencies and back again.
Furthermore, DeepToken holders
will immediately benefit from the
consumption of tokens used for
transactions and deterioration of
items within the Entropia Universe

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
In my opinion it is already in the idea to sell a lot of deeptoken during the implantation in the economy, having a lot of ingame addict. they will be forced by their addictions to buy them :(

whitepaper v6
The DeepToken will also have a
function in the Entropia Universe
payment and withdrawal process,
expediting the transfer of its in-
game virtual currency – the Project
Entropia Dollar (‘PED’) – into real-
world currencies and back again.
Furthermore, DeepToken holders
will immediately benefit from the
consumption of tokens used for
transactions and deterioration of
items within the Entropia Universe
Any idea if they plan on making this a required step instead of an optional one ?
Do we maybe end up with PED being tied to deeptoken instead of dollar ?
Or the exchange rate being based on a possibly declining value of the deep token ?...

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Any idea if they plan on making this a required step instead of an optional one ?
Do we maybe end up with PED being tied to deeptoken instead of dollar ?
Or the exchange rate being based on a possibly declining value of the deep token ?...
No to all of these. I have received a good answer from support and am just waiting for a follow-up note before publishing the entire conversation.

Surya

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Kib Fullon Surya
rip EU

also I'm betting the +2k$ invested at first its company money.

sad 3-4 years ago this was a really interesting game.

gianniszrf

Dominant
Society
Greeks United
Giannis Symbil Sentimenevoslakis
I am a crypto fun so i like the token. I think they are late to crypto world as cryptos are fitting very well to an RCE game. I also believe that PEDs(A virtual currency with unlimited supply, no transparency, extremely high withdrawal fees, extremely high withdrawal time) should be replaced with that ERC-20 ETH token(Limited and well known supply, transparency in every transaction, instant deposits and withdrawals with fees below 1$ per transaction).

Also asking for funding through an ICO is OK if they deliver what they promise + remove PEDs from game.

Overall nice move from MA, gratz.

The Jetman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Paul Jetman Masters
I am a crypto fun so i like the token. I think they are late to crypto world as cryptos are fitting very well to an RCE game. I also believe that PEDs(A virtual currency with unlimited supply, no transparency, extremely high withdrawal fees, extremely high withdrawal time) should be replaced with that ERC-20 ETH token(Limited and well known supply, transparency in every transaction, instant deposits and withdrawals with fees below 1$ per transaction).

Also asking for funding through an ICO is OK if they deliver what they promise + remove PEDs from game.

problem with using ETH or DT instead of PED is the erratic values. its hard to follow your funds if one day you have $2k worth and next week you have $4k and 2 days later its $1k.
Killing a Atrox 1 week costs 50c, another time its $3
Plus controlling the value is removed from MAs control if they use someone elses coin, how would you balance the game if you can't control the cost, imagine if ETH increases in value by 4000%, new players could not afford to play, it might even cause a mass withdraw and kill the game

real currencies are far more stable and suited

Last edited:

WangXiang

Dominant
Society
Guardians of Evolution
Wangxiang WangXiang Tuxing
Do your own research. Ask yourselves what would be the utility of these DeepTokens... What do they really bring, when there are today more than 1,000 cryptocurrencies and tokens on the market?

Last edited:

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer

Most retarded post I ever seen. If they replace PED with token with unbalanced and fragile/unstable market. That would be the final blow for the game and end it within a year...

PED guarantees fixed ratio of 10 ped = 1 USD. This fixed ratio never changes, it even allowed the game to survive through the financial crisis 2008. Truly retarded idea and I hope they aren't retarded enough to do this ever.

LuisArkadov

Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran

So you're the one who bought todays 200 $ worth of deepthroat tokens?!

:laugh:

Dab

Alpha
Actually it's MA's long track record of under delivering on promises and abandoning projects.

One quick example. On the current deeptoken.io website - if you scroll down to the about MA section - it mentions in 2006 players got ATM cards to withdraw money from the game. It doesn't mention that it lasted almost no time and has never been mentioned again.

Also, that banking license that is mentioned in that same area was granted to MA almost 9 years ago. No further development as far as I know.

That's kind of shady to put that on what amounts to a prospectus for potential investors.
Mindark has never had a banking license.

aVaLON_52

Stalker
Society
AON
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Is there still a plan for this?

theProphet

Prowler
Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
i really really hope there isn't ... rather make EU great again!!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.