MindArk launches cryptocurrency for Entropia Universe virtual worlds - VentureBeat

Status

News Bot

Guardian
MindArk Announces Token Sale to Fund the World's First Intellectual ... - PR Newswire UK (press release)

MindArk Announces Token Sale to Fund the World's First Intellectual ...
[SIZE=-1]PR Newswire UK (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MindArk PE AB (MindArk), a leading independent software company and creator of the massively multiplayer online game Entropia Universe, is proud to announce the launch of its token sale which can be accessed via https://deeptoken.io/. The company aims ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dbmuyo0D0bdTxaM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

what I read from this article is that:

all EU in-game assets will be 'blockchained', to ensure traceability etc.

But... you don't really need an ico to do this, except if you wish some extra money?

But... you don't really need an ico to do this, except if you wish some extra money?

doesnt everyone wish some extra money?

Greed at its finest. Let the yearly milking begin!:ahh:

Although must say the craziest yet.

Perfect timing guys.

Just in time for google to ban all your ads. Oh wait, never mind I must have been confused with an actual marketing department.

I am curious though how this will work if 31% of the player base (US) cant even participate due to legal regulation.

Perfect timing guys.

Just in time for google to ban all your ads. Oh wait, never mind I must have been confused with an actual marketing department.

I am curious though how this will work if 31% of the player base (US) cant even participate due to legal regulation.

They should be happy .... They sit in the front row when the big crying starts, and they see the disadvantages for the players in action..... :scratch2:

I see a lot of people being jelly about them milking the people.I don't see a problem in that to be honest :)
The only real problem I see is that nobody in their department is competent enough to actually do something with the money they raise as long as they have a hard time understanding the difference between left hand and right hand and the actual impact on their real game :)
As long as people did purchase deeds in this game/compet I don't see a problem for them selling all these tokens.
Good luck Mindark.

I wish MA lots of success raising funds assuming they would be wisely used to improve the game and the player base - but honestly reading the information available I have trouble to grasp the value added it all seems too abstract, sales of intellectual property etc.

Its not the ingame assets like items you own, it is Mindarks digital assests, 3D models and other digital stuff they have made during the years, those "items" will be available to buy rights do use on the IPX, other companys and people can also sell rights to thier assets on the IPX and get paid in deeptokens.

This US rule seems excessive. Essentially excluding those with low net worth or earnings under $200k per year?
So only a certain socioeconomic group in the US can trade shares? Why?

Personally, I'm not happy at all that MindArk is jumping on the ICO bandwagon, as it's just another money grab.

All they seem to be doing lately is finding more and more ways of raising money for something that either already exists (Calypso Land Deeds, Arkadia Underground Deeds) or doesn't/didn't exist (Compet Deeds, Moon Deeds, ICO, etc).

Why don't they actually focus on making the core game better rather than going off on all these tangents?? Entropia Universe used to be amazing - now it's as boring as hell and most people I know have started to leave and/or spend much less because of the lack of focus on the core product.

I miss how the game used to be... :(

This US rule seems excessive. Essentially excluding those with low net worth or earnings under $200k per year?

SEC regulations on securities. Not about the economic level of the individual as it is that they need accredited investor status class as it indicates they are capable of understanding the risk.

Other countries with similar participation bans are China and Singapore. However, the SEC has a very heavy hand.

In the us accredited investors get opportunities normal investors do not, better offerings ect, and most of the regulation ironically was drafted as a response to people losing everything via bad investments. So now we have to prove we have enough resources to play the big money game, so the government hopefully doesn't end up supporting investors who want to risk everything on unregulated securities. I think the theory is, if you can make 200k+ a year now, you could probably get back and make similar after you lose it all.

Ive been against them tying this game to anything crypto for some time now, I think people think I am kidding when I mention regulation and this stuff. In the US we regulate everything, and then some, especially when banks really really don't like crypto and will push for regulation with big money. The only thing this does is put the game and its assets into the questionably crypto related category, especially when Mindark plasters their only crowning achievement, this very game... all over deeptoken paperwork/propaganda.

So, if I buy 1000 Deeptokings and I want to cash them out 10 days later, how do I go about that?

So, if I buy 1000 Deeptokings and I want to cash them out 10 days later, how do I go about that?

I'll give you $5 for them if there's a real wallet.

Do you actually get them? Can you transfer them on the ETH network now?

Edit: Paid in PED tho. 50 PED.

Question. Has any entropia player bought this junk?

Is this how an initial launch is supposed to go down? I was expecting much more advertising and hype. Why is this a continual problem for this company :(

Is this how an initial launch is supposed to go down? I was expecting much more advertising and hype. Why is this a continual problem for this company :(

No they are so far away from the basic proper set up to get momemtum on a crypto campaign, I have never actually see a company launch a token sale this way that is missing so many basic things right from the start, and aiming at an obnoxious 100 Million $ cap. :laugh:
It's MindArk.

Another awesome hit they got here!
Grand total of $2611 usd worth sold in 48h hours.
Guessing clds payouts and loot will suffer some now, someone needs to pay the devs.

well. if these awesome sales continue they will have around 50k token. pretty exclusive :D

Kinda feels sorry for them.
Just to have their dreams crushed like that by evil playerbase. They done nothing but inspire confidence in their competence and wanted to be rewarded as such, but no the players just too greedy.

:wise:
1. They should've not been so greedy and tried to milk so much at once.
1a. They shouldn't have made a countdown.
2. Or list how many sold/for how much USD.
That info should've been kept for themselves.

Now they take an arrow to their balls, because it really shows how little faith people still have in MA. Further discouraging investments.

Since banktransfers takes a few days for them to confirm it could start to happen more from the second half of next week but i doubt they will even get close to selling half of those tokens anyway.

Kinda feels sorry for them.
Just to have their dreams crushed like that by evil playerbase. They done nothing but inspire confidence in their competence and wanted to be rewarded as such, but no the players just too greedy.

Actually it's MA's long track record of under delivering on promises and abandoning projects.

One quick example. On the current deeptoken.io website - if you scroll down to the about MA section - it mentions in 2006 players got ATM cards to withdraw money from the game. It doesn't mention that it lasted almost no time and has never been mentioned again.

Also, that banking license that is mentioned in that same area was granted to MA almost 9 years ago. No further development as far as I know.

That's kind of shady to put that on what amounts to a prospectus for potential investors.

Actually it's MA's long track record of under delivering on promises and abandoning projects.

One quick example. On the current deeptoken.io website - if you scroll down to the about MA section - it mentions in 2006 players got ATM cards to withdraw money from the game. It doesn't mention that it lasted almost no time and has never been mentioned again.

Also, that banking license that is mentioned in that same area was granted to MA almost 9 years ago. No further development as far as I know.

That's kind of shady to put that on what amounts to a prospectus for potential investors.

You may want to check the warranty on your sarcasm detector. It could use replacing :yup:

Another awesome hit they got here!
Grand total of $2611 usd worth sold in 48h hours.
Guessing clds payouts and loot will suffer some now, someone needs to pay the devs.

And only 77$ in last 24hrs...Yesterday morning was 2535 i think...right now it's 2612.

:lolup:

Status
Back