MindArk Q&A at LAN 2022

I recently created a support ticket, because a quest at Arkadia moon is charging 40 PED to start the quest but ends up with a bug and giving 0 rewards.
MindArk basically told me "we have forwarded this to our planet partner. By the way, the planet partner might not have any way to get back to you. maybe you can check future VU's and hope for the best".
Yeah... sorry man but that ticket has most likely never been sent to the PP.
And if you ask for a recipe or an update you get a "This is not how things work" comment from the anonymous support agent.

I got the exact same copy paste in regards to the Smuggler Chain being broken.
Yeah... templet copy pastas is not support... it will just burn customers out so keeping existing customers can't be too important even doh someone higher up claims it is.

Reactions: jak
I really don't understand how people could still be surprised by a lack of information from this company lol....

The fact they are so hesitant to answer questions about the player base in game and a time frame on UE5, is the simple fact that the player base is declining, and that UE5 is to big a project for a company like MA to take on, and if they were to be honest about it and say its a pipe dream at best it would deter players from further investing financially.

If you want answers from Mindark, stop giving them so much money to do nothing. I personally hope UE5 is more than an empty promise, but my faith in Entropia/Mindark is pretty much gone.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how people could still be surprised by a lack of information from this company lol....

The fact they are so hesitant to answer questions about the player base in game and a time frame on UE5, is the simple fact that the player base is declining, and that UE5 is to big a project for a company like MA to take on, and if they were to be honest about it and say its a pipe dream at best it would deter players from further investing financially.

If you want answers from Mindark, stop giving them so much money to do nothing. I personally hope UE5 is more than an empty promise, but my faith in Entropia/Mindark is pretty much gone.
Well the fact that there is no roadmap should be more than just a tiny clue that they have not started yet which means it's not just a one year away kind of thing like some hope.

Personally i think that TWEN event (i think that the expectation are that it happens) will arrive before UE5
some static images are nothing... i would change mind only if i read of "tech notes" on importing world data
i would like a "ptr test server" with just the "Thule" zone for testing... that would be the confirmation to invest
and not in "digital deeds" but in real world regulated MA shares if they are IPOed or ICOed in real world.

Yeah... importing one or two models is nothing but hype building for something that might be years away if the player base even survives that long cause of the MA support been the way it is.

Well the fact that there is no roadmap should be more than just a tiny clue that they have not started yet which means it's not just a one year away kind of thing like some hope.

They have started, even though they are in the early phases. But they are working on it, and hiring people to work on it. I would guess that UE5
is 3-5 years away. It is not something they want to rush - Its something they invest in to keep this game alive for another 10-15 years, just like they did with CryEngine2.

They are thinking long-term. At least I won't have to buy a new computer right this moment in order to play EU, lol.
EU has survived for 20 years and MindArk is making profit. However, would be great to see some more updpates from certain Planet Partners.
And I would guess that UE5 will bring in both new and old players.

They have started, even though they are in the early phases. But they are working on it, and hiring people to work on it. I would guess that UE5
is 3-5 years away. It is not something they want to rush - Its something they invest in to keep this game alive for another 10-15 years, just like they did with CryEngine2.

They are thinking long-term. At least I won't have to buy a new computer right this moment in order to play EU, lol.
EU has survived for 20 years and MindArk is making profit. However, would be great to see some more updpates from certain Planet Partners.
And I would guess that UE5 will bring in both new and old players.
So... no bugfixes cause MA does not want to do the same work twice... almost nonexistant or dysfunctional customer support.
How the heck is MA planning to survive 3-5years when people are legit quitting cause of how bad the customer support and unwillingness to fix bugs from MA's side... dude... UE5 either needs to be rushed or customer supports needs to be improved and minor bugs to major ones needs to be fixed... you can't just throw your hands up in the air and go "Nah... we wont do anything cause in a few years we might get a new engine... let's bin all the bug reports for now and lie or ignore all the customers."

Bollocks... would you not need to put at least some effort into customer support if this was even true?
Or is the two departments so disconnected that the board members and devs think that everything is fine cause they never checked and just assumed everything is ok?
MindArks customer support is bad... so bad on such an epic level it's a meme of the community that "MindArk does not care".

Ok i 100% agree with this comment to the point i will soon be deleting my account due to Dire Customer Support!
I have been playing nearly 2 years and i can honestly say this is the BEST community of any game i have ever played and whats more i enjoy the game im not a huge depositer $30-$50 per month and i mull around on the smaller mobs as happy as lary! now back in early febuary i slipped on ice and smashed my phone eek no F2A to log in so opened a ticket 2 weeks it took to get a responce!!! we need id... ID scaned and sent ... nothing i ticketed the ticket after just over a week ... nothing!!! after 4 weeks i went to live chat who said they would escalte it ..... just over FIVE weeks from the initial ticket my reuest was made! I bet if i was asking to Raise my Deposit limit because i wanted to buy some of the latest greatest loot 2.0 mayhem reward weapons etc i would have had a responce in under 24hrs but i feel as im a small depositer and not an uber cycleing 2-3k ped per hour i make little diffrence so with a sad heart i am leaving spending the last few days on ARK having some fun with some of my friends once i am out of ped i will request the account to be deleted.
If i was to treat my customers with such lackluster and disrespect i wouldnt have a job and thus i refuse to fund the game any more
so to everyone i know fairwell i expect to be around for aproximatly a week or so then thats it

Sory for the long rant but i feel it needed to be said bye all o7

Sory for the long rant but i feel it needed to be said bye all o7

Sorry to hear that. But do you know how many of us have said similar things? We are many that have "quit". And come back.
Because there is no similar game out there. Never ever been anything even similar. If there is - Do please tell me, because I have looked.
And yes. Customer support is horrible (!). And yes - The community is one of the best in any game I've seen as well.

I have been playing nearly 2 years and i can honestly say this is the BEST community of any game
SO keep playing the game with the community and enjoy the game with your friends and stay away from what you don't like (support department).Seems very easy fix.

I was terribly fascinated to see that I was ranked 300th in this ranking list in December, after my few globals in MM. Even earlier in the year I noticed I was 480 or 490... the thing about this range... I mean when I make some codex points on Calypso. You know... for the planets like Cyrene, Ark, NI, RT, Toulan (remember there is such a planet), I think you need at least 4 or 5 hunters on the planet to account for the globals in EL!

3700 ?! If EL ranks me 500th out of a globals from 10-50 HP mob, then anyone over 500th will be around Boreas. I didn't know VSE MK1 could hit a Global, that's interesting to note!

What we can do is wish the 20 gamblers of EP4, good health and longevity!

Just as how they survive since 2003.Fundamentals.
This is just the point.
MA has found a business niche to invoice 7...10m per year and in the balance saves 3m for "clawback inc ase of problems"
so basically takes 4m in per year and they seems to be happy with it

If you look at the Amazon game epic fail of "new world" that now has almost the same size of an Indie game
and how the "Lost Ark" playerbase laments to gridn 2 day to upgrade gears (compared to a tier-up effort needed in EU)
so mainstream polayer base want it "the easy way"

a 99.9% return world with 100.05% average MU and MA profiting from AH and item shop is that scenario.
it could be but probably the nature of the game would change, community would be made of 9)% toxic players

Ma has choose to keep game hard. and one of its kind.
and it works since 19 years.... with bad customer care, bad support, bugs, whining, but IT WORKS... so.. they are right.

What is LAN? or LAN 2022? Lights all Night Festival?
I don't understand... Is this something I Should be attending? If it is relevant to Entropia Universe or even MindArk, would be something I definitely want to be a part of...
Who is SOLO and what is the significance of their LAN 2022 Stream aside from the specified (MindArk showed up)

this is the BEST community of any game i have ever played
I guess this is very subjective... :silly2: BEST i knew was 22 years ago in another Mmorpg.

By the way, someone knows if there is a Limit to the size of the Ignore List in the game ? :king:

customer supports needs to be improved
Management needs to be improved :whistle:

Still i love this game, so Good luck everyone for the Mayhem starting tomorrow :clap:

I found the page detailing the event, when and where it was, and what it was about. :D
Here you go everyone,

I look forward to the day when I can delve into these things more effectively, I am genuinely curious though about the existing effects taking place and the fruition. First time for everything? Perhaps a different context of representing recognitions?

Either way, to the longevity of the amazing production and existence.

I think it's a mistake to go whole-hog on UE5 and delay all meaningful updates until then. If it takes 5 more years to release that update, and they dedicate 95%+ of their dev resources to that, you're looking at the game being effectively in maintenance mode until then. At most I would recommend a 70/30 arrangement. The community needs to see some development being done on the game-that-now-exists vs the dream-of-a-future-entropia, to keep the game going and the community lively until then. Don't put all the eggs in the UE5 basket.

my 2p worth.

I havent been playing in EU and mostly look around in other crypto games as of late. And none of these crypto games have even 1/10 of the stuff MA has put out in EU, which is why i am surprised EU isnt more popular compared to other crypto games, i mean some of them dont even have a mention on google. Like lets take decentraland for example, some of their small land areas can easily go into 5 digit figures, yet they dont have the sophiscated gameplay that EU offers in the form of hunting monsters there, so the pbase thing imo is should be easily fixed in theory...although i dont know what it is hehe.

Maybe introduce custom games in LA aka a game maker style? :) and yes i think EU with UE5 will be a huge changer in gameplay.

my 2p worth.

I havent been playing in EU and mostly look around in other crypto games as of late. And none of these crypto games have even 1/10 of the stuff MA has put out in EU, which is why i am surprised EU isnt more popular compared to other crypto games, i mean some of them dont even have a mention on google. Like lets take decentraland for example, some of their small land areas can easily go into 5 digit figures, yet they dont have the sophiscated gameplay that EU offers in the form of hunting monsters there, so the pbase thing imo is should be easily fixed in theory...although i dont know what it is hehe.

Maybe introduce custom games in LA aka a game maker style? :) and yes i think EU with UE5 will be a huge changer in gameplay.

I'm not sure in todays day and age, what crypto holders seek, but i remember one thing that people were drawn to it for before, and i would presume still today, is that it is not tracable (unless you almost on purpose make it tracable...) And it is not taxable (it is in most of the world taxable, but since it is not tracable the only way to tax on it is if someone is not smart and lets mr tax man know how much they have).

This means that EU is not attractive as when you play EU, and you use the currency we have which is PEDs and PECs, the currency operates more akin to what it would be traveling abroad to a different country, and using the currency in that country. When you log onto EU, you essentially log into a different country that has its own economy and its own currency, that is directly like most of the world, tied to a real tangible currency. It is transparant, there are taxes, and if you want to withdraw, it goes through actuall banking systems . All of which are held up to a fiarly high standard as MA still runs out of sweden afaik. And nordic countries to not take lightly on regulations and wealth.

Crypto games, its compared to EU, a lot more "willy nilly" in the regard that its not tied directly to a real fiat, (US Dollar in entropias case). So that by default, makes EU very unattractive to the new age of crypto gamers as it really is not at all crypto and its simply just "another country and another taxed fiat".

Personally, i don't mind crypto, for reasons i may or may not have crypto. But I am glad and in a way hope that EU does distinguish and keep the distinct difference clear still. We can depo with crypto, but i'm not sure if id feel ok if we could withdraw in crypto (due to regulations, and what makes the game likely able to operate as it is out of a nordic country, and not a tax gaven ala malta or cayman islands etc) for us, players, that it operates out of sweden, is a good security to have, to know its following the rules and wont just go belly up and the owners ghost the face of earth with our own money some day. if Eu were to transfer to a tax haven, id be very vary of wanting to invest in any item in EU that had a higher value.

Oh my... this is junk. Vague answers with only certainty I get is that they have no thought put into anything and are taking little to no action per usual.

"we are still learning UE5" confirms my assumption that we will pretty much never see EU in unreal. We'll see Star Citizen fully released before we see EU in unreal.

OMG community manager is active..... I like to check in now and again... and here is the latest.
1 post a week 4 a month on average. Those are posts, not threads. Imagine a job you have and you can write 2 sentences a week.

MindArk Official

Joined May 4, 2020 Posts 121

I can do it...............................Let me .

they know Rose is cool about interviews and cool about all.
Besides I call you every radio show. lol :wtg:

Back