News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

For those interested you should have a look at Inside Unreal this thursday since its about
The Game Features and Modular Gameplay. :) Might get a hint what NOT to expect from
EU runned by UE, we'll see. :p

We intend to share a lot more information in the beginning of Q4 this year that should give you all a much better understanding of the project.

As many of you have guessed, the engine switch brings much more than just improved graphics. Improved tools, better workflows and support will help us at Mindark focus on content game systems to deliver a better Entropia, instead of constantly having to update our own engine.

Imo this is the best and most comforting comment in this thread, was afraid you are doing this engine upgrade only for the graphics.
Cant wait to see more content, but I hope it means something more than just two new daily missions.

5/5 Hopium

Please deliver and dont mindark this up.

amale

If the cost has not badly affected the players, this is very interesting news. If it has and the new player base make it up, then again can be v. interesting.

Please fix the current mechanics of buying boxes in the store before taking up a new engine.
They were going to switch to a new engine. It's funny just to look at the death convulsions:lolup:

Looking good :D Once Ma reach on the epic games stores new beginnings , that's what i gathered from this post.
dunno....Loot boxes may not be a good thing to be noticed by a large user base....mechanics that can be viewed as "gambling" might draw the attention of authorities.
And disappointed noobs that think "it's make money fast" and leave will give a bad press.
EU is not for everyone and never will be...simply not enough people on this earth that are willing to throw several K USD at a "game" every year and definately way less that have the attention span to do it for years or decades.
New markets like Alpha Centauri may be more lenient...but I think the latency might be a bit too high for them to do anything :D

Again, I highly doubt the concern is visuals. It's more the fact that UE has much better support and a robust community. I'm willing to bet MA has had hundreds of issues they had a very hard to fixing due to CE. With UE, some of those headaches might be easier to cure.

Here's a thread from 2019 with some discussion:

The reply from "Skynet3d" is a good one.

Also consider this comment, referring to CE:

"It's got advantages and disadvantages, but compared to ue4 and unity, the lack of a strong indy community means that the tools are hard to use, and the is a lack of content for small teams to work with."

If UE then is better for small teams, it would work much better for planet partners. Maybe some of the dead planets would get new life.
as i know the planetpartners have no rights for anything. You tell MA what you want, they create it and Partner have to pay it. So new mob pay15k Dollar MA build it. You can chose the look and loot and Quests buts thats all MA create and place it.

as i know the planetpartners have no rights for anything. You tell MA what you want, they create it and Partner have to pay it. So new mob pay15k Dollar MA build it. You can chose the look and loot and Quests buts thats all MA create and place it.
MA owns and maintains the platform. I don't know all the details but I'm pretty sure they don't create all the content for planet partners. I think they might have to approve PP content.

Will they finally give some information about the engine, interface, plans, patches .. ?? or will they just read all the topics on the forum and zero answers to various topics

Will they finally give some information about the engine, interface, plans, patches .. ?? or will they just read all the topics on the forum and zero answers to various topics
if history repeats itself, it'll be zero answers til vu 10 about 3 years later repeat... all buildings turned around, mountains created where none where before, etc. weeds in the basements of apartments since they cannot get the landscape to line up right with the 3d model of the building, and other fun things like booths on the roof that no one can access since it's upside down or there's a sand pit in the hallway and turret's not in right place so it's letting mobs in everywhere...

What are the system requirements for Unreal Engine 5 games at lowest settings?
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/unreal-engine-5 scroll down to the FAQ section (I hate this "fluid" website design when you just want to find information)

UE runs on a lot more platforms than anything CE-based, including older hardware (only 64 bit is a must since UE5). What you end up with in terms of graphics power needed, which is the deciding bit in most practical cases, depends on the complexity of content. As others have pointed out, things tend to heat up in places where a lot of avatars meet, each wearing customized stuff and such, while far-out places with only a few models to compose your visual field are much lighter on your hardware. Any published minimum specs will be a compromise and don't mean you're screwed at once if you don't quite meet them.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/unreal-engine-5 scroll down to the FAQ section (I hate this "fluid" website design when you just want to find information)

UE runs on a lot more platforms than anything CE-based, including older hardware (only 64 bit is a must since UE5). What you end up with in terms of graphics power needed, which is the deciding bit in most practical cases, depends on the complexity of content. As others have pointed out, things tend to heat up in places where a lot of avatars meet, each wearing customized stuff and such, while far-out places with only a few models to compose your visual field are much lighter on your hardware. Any published minimum specs will be a compromise and don't mean you're screwed at once if you don't quite meet them.
8 GB of Graphics card RAM? I wouldn't be able to play this game and I am not buying new hardware for Unreal Engine 5

8 GB of Graphics card RAM? I wouldn't be able to play this game and I am not buying new hardware for Unreal Engine 5
This is recommended but not minimum.

I meant this paragraph:
Unreal Engine 5 Early Access broadly supports the same platforms as UE4—next‑generation consoles, current‐generation consoles, Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android—however Nanite and Lumen are currently supported only on next-gen consoles and Windows. We are continuing to develop tools and workflows that enable you to simplify high-poly geometry imported for Nanite to use on other platforms.
Forwarding to UE4, this is here:

Again, what we end up with depends on what the designers decide to put in.

i kinda can't await all the minimum req and safemode screenshots in the new engine ... kinda unreal! :ROFLMAO:

I am going to put off upgrading my rig for now. Windows 11 and EU-UE5 are both on the way. I don't want to prematurely disburse my money.

It takes them years to fix basic stuff or they do not fix it at all. I just can't imagine how suddenly they are able to move to UE5. I am 100% sure they need to hire external company, do some sort of outsorcing, there is no other way. It will be expensive. I hope it will pay off.

It takes them years to fix basic stuff or they do not fix it at all. I just can't imagine how suddenly they are able to move to UE5. I am 100% sure they need to hire external company, do some sort of outsorcing, there is no other way. It will be expensive. I hope it will pay off.
MA has a competitor that will be released in the 4th quarter. Therefore, they decide to switch to a new engine. Since the graphics and mechanics of the current engine are outdated.
Dear players, do you have money for new video cards?
If you do not have the funds for a new video card for your favorite game, then what are you doing in this game for real money? *sarcasm*

We lost Hadesheim last time we changed graphics engines (Gamebryo - CryEngine 2)

I hope we dont lose any significant parts of the map this time.

This sounds amazing, so eager to experience it.

There is zero purpose to an engine upgrade, or anything to that extent. This game could look like its being played on a gameboy color and it would not make any difference, most in entropia are not even at their pc when they are "playing"

This is a macro universe, and im sure there are also avatars using actual bots. Remove instances and the interact function and force people to actually have to play this game again, then maybe this so called upgrade will be something worth being excited about.

It is funny how pointless this game has become, if any recall the sabakuma cave and how quickly MA shut that down because of people afk hunting, why now is it not only allowed but seems MA is pushing ppl to do so. And an engine upgrade may seem enticing and potentially bring in new blood to the game, hey wow that game looks cool and it has a RCE that could be interesting. You think players are going to stick around when they realize its a bunch of afk clowns letting a macro play for them?

I strongly believe your game could be much more than it currently is mindark, and the opportunities to expand the universe and add more content are endless. Wormholes could open in space that offer new galaxies, creatures, and any number of things.. But your selling point on this game currently is "come play this game that you dont even have to play, a macro can do it all for you." And in that regard, I think your player base will not only never go anywhere, but players such as myself will begin to question what is the point of logging onto a game that incentivizes afk/botting. I am remainging hopefully optimistic that the engine upgrade will remove this afk fiesta that is going on and make this game enjoyable again.

There is zero point to making a game more presentable that incentivizes letting a macro skill for you, unless in the engine upgrade you also plan to change the name of the game to idle clicker universe.

Last edited:

We lost Hadesheim last time we changed graphics engines (Gamebryo - CryEngine 2)

I hope we dont lose any significant parts of the map this time.
Someone will pick it up and put it in their inventory ,-)

Looking forward to a new influx of players more than the actual engine but will be interesting to see what they can achieve with it. I've noticed they are hiring more staff but we are probably a long way off for this being our reality.

I'm hoping that they tweak the game enough to increase player retention and focus priority on gameplay.

Deleted.

Last edited:
Someone will pick it up and put it in their inventory ,-)
ah come on? No oldies around to get that joke anymore? Sad times XD

Reactions: Xen
Back