News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

5 Reasons Unreal Engine 5 is a BIG DEAL​

:cool:

Star Atlas - The Showroom - Unreal Engine 5 Gameplay Video [426LIVE Keynote Reveal]​

ASC’s THE EYE: CALANTHEK: Real-Time Filmmaking in UE5 Early Access | Unreal Engine​

Thanks! I really enjoyed that!!

Star Atlas - The Showroom - Unreal Engine 5 Gameplay Video [426LIVE Keynote Reveal]​

POssibly the odd looking munchkin avatar being partly to blame but something about this video sent me to the land of nod...

From the looks of all the dev posts.. The Entropia universe world as we know will be deleted entirely. If you have been here for years like I have you are going to be missing not the features, but the entire world you used to roam. We have witnessed it not once but twice already.
For example in the early days there were traders in hadesheim city and an umbranoid village.. and poof. It was all gone with an update.
Then Hadesheim city was removed entirely to make room for a crater filled with robots.
With the Cryengine update, entire cities got lost. Minopolis used to be a maze of small houses packed together. Now its just some empty space, with a house here and there.
Her are some examples what was lost forever:

- Hadesheim city, with its traders with better guns and armor and black pants (punisher mk1, ewe ep-13, laughable now, but better than tt-weapons)
- Minopolis
- Port Atlantis with its yellow walls and spaceport with spaceships (selling jester-d1 at boxes)
- Abandoned Umbranoid villages
- Giant mushrooms
- Spiral Shaped mountain (with spiders!)
- Robot factory
- Jason's mask
- Sunbathing skeleton
- Twin peaks mine
- Rock Monuments
- Feffoid traders (ewe ep-16, some shortblade) , hard to get to because of big monsters in the neighborhood.
- The old rig, differently shaped and dangerous atrox oas (we're all too skilled now, so the mobs are peanuts)
- Abandoned tent camps
- The weird abandoned tower in the desert south of fort pandora
- The pulsating spheres
- The blue purple forest filled with faucerfix, south of port atlantis
- The huge tree forest filled with phasm on amethera, now an empty icy environment. The trees were so huge you couldnt see their tops
- The closed mine entrance at Twin peaks

And most recently, the entire redesign of Treasure Island. It might be better, but the old island is gone forever.

The list could go on for a long time but I think my point was made. Be prepared to get a hole in your heart of places you hold dearly, to be lost forever.
index.php

Last edited:
@Spawn hit the nail on the head. It will be heartbreaking. I've asked this question (if and how will geography change), and it was not answered (I'm not surprised). For players like me, who just like to roam the game and mine or hunt in favorite places (not because of the loot, but because we just like being there) it's going to be a completel turn off. I still miss old Calypso, and losing this one will be totally blah.

From the looks of all the dev posts.. The Entropia universe world as we know will be deleted entirely. If you have been here for years like I have you are going to be missing not the features, but the entire world you used to roam. We have witnessed it not once but twice already.
For example in the early days there were traders in hadesheim city and an umbranoid village.. and poof. It was all gone with an update.
Then Hadesheim city was removed entirely to make room for a crater filled with robots.
With the Cryengine update, entire cities got lost. Minopolis used to be a maze of small houses packed together. Now its just some empty space, with a house here and there.

- Hadesheim city, with its traders with better guns and armor and black pants (punisher mk1, ewe ep-13, laughable now, but better than tt-weapons)
- Minopolis
- Port Atlantis with its yellow walls and spaceport with spaceships (selling jester-d1 at boxes)
- Giant mushrooms
- Robot factory
- Jason's mask
- Sunbathing skeleton
- Twin peaks mine
- Rock Monuments
- Feffoid traders (ewe ep-16, some shortblade) , hard to get to because of big monsters in the neighborhood.
- The old rig, differently shaped and dangerous atrox oas (we're all too skilled now, so the mobs are peanuts)
- Abandoned tent camps
- The pulsating spheres
- The huge tree forest filled with phasm on amethera, now an empty icy environment. The trees were so huge you couldnt see their tops

And most recently, the entire redesign of Treasure Island. It might be better, but the old island is gone forever.

The list could go on for a long time but I think my point was made. Be prepared to get a hole in your heart of places you hold dearly, to be lost forever.
index.php

This feels like an apt time to reference content of oblivion... what was Jason's mask and the Robot factory? Don't remember them although Hades did seem to me making "something". There was a giant door in the desert too I think west of the Rig, like the openning to a massive underground hangar or something but of course nothing ever came of it.

Note you need to scroll about 1/3rd down content of oblivion before you get to a lot of the screenshots of old places. It covers a lot of the started and forgotten ideas initially.

I think the thing is, we need to start archiving as much of the old Calypso as possible before MA throw that in the can too. (fingers crossed they don't but I won't be holding their breath).

So yeh... get screenshotting people!

Wistrel

Nice one showing forests in different seasons, with snow, varying weather and light levels.

Some very relevant (to Entropia) updates here with good examples/explanations.

TL;DW Trees... lots of trees... as far as the eye can see,... that don't turn into cardboard cutouts of trees, and that don't block light but allow it to pass through and bounce around, proper reflections, insane scale up in max recommended land area for a "level".

- Minopolis
- Giant mushrooms
- Robot factory
- Jason's mask
- Sunbathing skeleton
- Twin peaks mine
- Rock Monuments
- Abandoned tent camps
- The pulsating spheres

index.php

I remember that Hadesheim was a dead city, but I still loved that old futuristic way it looked.

There are many great features that were brought in by CE2, but the SOUL of PE was killed for sure.

Things that pulled people into the game:
- real cash economy
- sci-fi theme - alien world with weird vegetation and sky
- music

- real cash economy
- music

I remember that. It was very much another game back then. But I am so happy that the game kept developing
and still is.

I think a lot of new players could be gained by riding the Metaverse wave. I hope that there will be some serious advertising efforts
when UE5 comes.

One year later and still only pre-alpha
Will be old when its out

I am already Old xD

When I first started playing this game I was still in my late teens 20+ years ago in pre alpha xD

I remember that Hadesheim was a dead city, but I still loved that old futuristic way it looked.

There are many great features that were brought in by CE2, but the SOUL of PE was killed for sure.

- real cash economy
- music

MindArk should survey their player base to really find out what pulled people to play EU. For me it was RCE for sure.

For me it was reading about Coat Killers Annexing PVP3 in The Gate. I thought that was such an amazing concept. I read all The Gate's before joining,. Also the original backstory that Marco and co wrote.

For me it was reading about Coat Killers Annexing PVP3 in The Gate. I thought that was such an amazing concept. I read all The Gate's before joining,. Also the original backstory that Marco and co wrote.
The good old days, when the grinding still had a backstory...
*sigh...*

I think there's also another risk here that's probably being widely overlooked.

Yes, UE5 in tech demos does look fantastic. But in order to achieve that level of fidelity you have to have a real beast of a system.

I question how many players today are playing on marginal systems that will do poorly on the new engine.

Expect to upgrade.

I think there's also another risk here that's probably being widely overlooked.

Yes, UE5 in tech demos does look fantastic. But in order to achieve that level of fidelity you have to have a real beast of a system.

I question how many players today are playing on marginal systems that will do poorly on the new engine.

Expect to upgrade.
The entire point of ue5 demos is that you DONT need a beast system… you should look into those demos more…
That’s literally their purpose… showing you can do crazy graphical things with far less powerful machines than before…

The entire point of ue5 demos is that you DONT need a beast system… you should look into those demos more…
That’s literally their purpose… showing you can do crazy graphical things with far less powerful machines than before…
I don't fault you for having high hopes. Downvote me if you want, but you can't get something for nothing. Been working in tech my whole life. You'll want to upgrade.

Bring this back please. Don't make it a regular world with normal vegetation.
You have a once every 10 year oppertunety here. :p
Really it's an opportunity to rethink a lot of things across the board.

I don't fault you for having high hopes. Downvote me if you want, but you can't get something for nothing. Been working in tech my whole life. You'll want to upgrade.
My god man just watch one demo with the voiceover explains how their doing that crazy shit on the weak as hell current consoles

Back