MindArk, time for a formal comment to the playerbase please!

Status
Enough of this bullshit already! Why the hell wouldn't a 2million HP regen mob not loot?
Your utter lack of sense baffles me.

Agree. Afaik this is the only mob, that has a fixed spawning cost, and quite a hefty one, and it SHOULD give back at least 30% of that, in the worst case. Like some of the current bad ass mobs of Calypso do, minimal fraction of kill cost, per each mob looted.

I'm just interested:
How much was the cost to spawn it?
How much was the cost to kill it?

Thank you ^^

I wish I was a part of the hunting party that killed the first Hussk. :)

The event itself would have been worth the time and energy. :yup:

BUT, The cost?!?!?!?

Absolutly NOT!

I feel so bad for the players that participated in this event and then got NOTHING for their trouble.:(

My feeling is that this disaster of an event is system-wide and MA need's to not only compensate the players who participated in the first Hussk spawning event, but ALL players system-wide to show that they appreciate everyones support. :dunno:

:eureka:

How about a 3x skill event system-wide! :D

Clarification: I feel the players who participated in the first Hussk event should get some compensation ON TOP OF the 3x skill event.

Last edited:
Clarification: I feel the players who participated in the first Hussk event should get some compensation ON TOP OF the 3x skill event.

YESPLZ:wise:

Everyone should calm down and take a deep breath i think, David posted they are looking at the logs which i guess will take a day or 2.

Yes this was bad, and surely must have been an error/bug, but at least give them a few days to respond before everything turns into a frenzy.

Could there Be a Chance there just wasnt enough Money in the System to Really Give back for what it was taking In? If that MAkes Since

Everyone should calm down and take a deep breath i think, David posted they are looking at the logs which i guess will take a day or 2.

Yes this was bad, and surely must have been an error/bug, but at least give them a few days to respond before everything turns into a frenzy.

Let's be serious..
It is a disaster, or not? A player put a shitload of money to spawn the biggest mob of this universe. Hundreds of players put shitload of money to kill it and .. NADA.. Not the first time it happens, after several messes with Sand Kings.
Is that normal ? I dont think so.
Nearly 2 days after this issue, no one in MA has shown is face here..I mean Top management. Who cares of laconic messages from support employee or an developper artist that is now an Planet Calypso official and not responsible of the situation ? Nothing against them.. they are not in the decision level. The sense of all this is sad, very sad indeed for us customers .. Show to me various important points about the gameplay and Company running it :
this game has no logic AT ALL...i think everyone putting big amount of money to be here should expect a kind of logic, yes ort no? No, as are the ath given to noobs that nicely explain to you that your skills worth nothing except to sell them.
As is the hof appearing mining just after you pull out your amp cause you are tired of multiple nrfs..funny virtual life jokes, probably..Till i have to read that company, after 10 years, has to work on issues regarding the fact that new comers dont stay long?
Let's be serious..
I dont care of the reason that led to this mess. The silence of MA here tells us a deep lack of management in the company and the way they consider us the customers that feed it.
Not too long ago, I remember theu wanted to become a bank..
Let's be serious..

Nearly 2 days after this issue, no one in MA has shown is face here..I mean Top management.

This is not true.

David posted this soon after the event:

Hi,

Support and the Development teams have been informed, we have all the log information and will investigate immediately.

Regards

David

I think that's David Simmonds if so it's a response from top management. He's said they are investigating. I wouldn't expect him to say much more than that at this stage.

yes its a disaster

how do you all think FPC caly is thinking about this ?
don't you actually get it into your minds FPC is thinking the same thing ?

they are busy on the matter.
trakking log's and finding out what happened ,
just give them a bit of time to search thing's out.

things like this husk is a one timer only mob is it not ?
so also the biggest chance that something goes wrong with it.
and that prolly happened.
something went wrong with this one timer.
i'm not trying to talk thing good for EU but give them a bit of time to search it trough and come with a reaction.

PS; i'm happy i dont participate in this husk killing lol , but i feel for you all.
though hunting is a gamble , this mob should have given loot with swirley's around avatars.
and i hope they find a solution for all that have fired upon the thing and spend money to spawn it.

i dont think that there are any "logs" to look at right now.

they wait with a reply to not provoke the tempers more.

when some days pass now they will state some "minor issue in the system which has been corrected now immediately - as mindark cares for its playebase all ammo and decay and ingredients for the mission is of course turned back to all players" to satisfy everyone and they be the heros of the day again. all will go for another hussk, hof for some shared loot, loose peds while doing it and end. :)

they cant state that its a "BUG" cause that would declare all "no loot" in the game as potential bugs and all would call for money back - they dont have the employees to answer all support cases that would come.

they cant tell "loot is dynamic" they got already enough fire for that in here.

they also wont state that it was a manually mistake done by the design team as companys dont do that normally in public to not put more fuel into fire. they rather solve the employee thing internally except it was a mistake by the comm manager himself than nothing happens as he is connected to MA family side.

so i guess it be the "minor issue in the system" thing officially.

i marked all important words in the statement bold. on psychology important is the word "minor" "of course" "cares for" so the customer cant even think of what else could have all happened and have the feeling that it was not a big thing. :laugh:

business psychology in such matters is most important to get yourself out of any shit =)

Let's be serious..
It is a disaster, or not? A player put a shitload of money to spawn the biggest mob of this universe. Hundreds of players put shitload of money to kill it and .. NADA.. Not the first time it happens, after several messes with Sand Kings.
.... rant rant rage....

I didn't say it was good, it is a clusterfck for sure.

Just saying at least give them a few days to fix/alleviate/respond after investigation in the situation before throwing dummies out the pram.

I think that's David Simmonds if so it's a response from top management. He's said they are investigating. I wouldn't expect him to say much more than that at this stage.

The longer it takes until they come up with some excuse, the more it will be a story, made up to not lose their credibility.

I would lose my job at work if it would take me two days to check logfiles or build a select to gather some information and report it to management.
Now I better shut up before they put me on no-loot-for-2-weeks shitlist :p

Peace.

I wish I was a part of the hunting party that killed the first Hussk. :)

The event itself would have been worth the time and energy. :yup:

BUT, The cost?!?!?!?

Absolutly NOT!

I feel so bad for the players that participated in this event and then got NOTHING for their trouble.:(

My feeling is that this disaster of an event is system-wide and MA need's to not only compensate the players who participated in the first Hussk spawning event, but ALL players system-wide to show that they appreciate everyones support. :dunno:

I could certainly go for such a skilling event. I am interested to see the effect is has on Land Deed payouts.

Has anyone said it didn't loot properly?

Couple of Sand Kings no looted, right? ( i thought only 1 but eh, I'm an Arky....)
Don't get me wrong, that's pretty ferked up of MA to do...

Based on the reaction from Kim (head of AR Universe, who develops Calypso) on the no looting Sand Kings, I'd say that it was pretty much expected that there would be some loot from the Hussk.

That said, I agree with what many others have said: For now, everyone should just calm down and wait for the reply from MindArk. If that answer is not satisfactory, we can complain about that then.

The longer it takes until they come up with some excuse, the more it will be a story, made up to not lose their credibility.

Now I better shut up before they put me on no-loot-for-2-weeks shitlist :p
Peace.

Here is the link (Hussk Fiasco - In defense of MA.) for a credible/acceptable explanation and solution.

It is also meant to pacify MA loot manager to remove me from the list of shit-loot-players :laugh:

Nothing else to do than give them all days they want to check what should have NEVER happen..
Regarding David , i am sorry i dont have any list of MA employees with their position with me, so i think it would have been correct from him to mention it. Time being for me it's just an employee.

Pif/Base player (time being)

I remember a post by Kim when he was talking about new land areas and what was in them, and about the mobs, he explained what his thought on it would be, Can't remember where I saw it could have been other forum. But I remember he did say something about it being a team mob, he never mentioned anything about it being a shared loot event.

maybe someone will have the link and that can clear a few things up about it.

Sorry I don't have the Link :-(

Disregard found link below

Last edited:
I remember a post by Kim when he was talking about new land areas and what was in them, and about the mobs, he explained what his thought on it would be, Can't remember where I saw it could have been other forum. But I remember he did say something about it being a team mob, he never mentioned anything about it being a shared loot event.

I just posted it here: Hussk Fiasco - In defense of MA.

And if you read the quote, you'll see that Kim did say at that time that it would be shared loot.

Note: I was not involved in the Hussk mission in any way, and I really have no opinion on it at all.

Serica has posted the quote of Kim in this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...fense-of-MA.&p=2879686&viewfull=1#post2879686

It was (should be) a shared loot.

- as mindark cares for its playebase all ammo and decay and ingredients for the mission is of course turned back to all players"

Would this not be unfair to everyone else that has been on the wrong side of MA bugs in the past?

Tippin'

Sorry, this is another conspiracy theory, probably more reasonable than the first one..

Someone inside MA's loot-balancing team sabotaging Kim!

Kim is trying his best...communicating with the community... and apologizing... but the old guard of MA who wanted to have a hostile take over didn't like KIM taking the hem of Calypso... So now undermining all his good effort!

I thought of this conpiracy theory when we had the first Sand King no looter... but didn't post it... But after this i'm compelled to post it.

In support of my conspiracy theory I've this...

Originally, the mob was supposed to be shared loot... and it's been changed to non-shared loot..

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk... There is a boss in a pvp area that has the shared loot function and he will oufcourse be a temping target for other groups as he is hard to spawn and has nice loot. ...

Unless we get a clear explanation from Kim regarding the change.... this evidence would go in favor of my theory!

Would this not be unfair to everyone else that has been on the wrong side of MA bugs in the past?

Any more than that Arkadia players were compensated when all mobs there were no looters? Or the crafters who did not get parts of their HOFs over 10K ped and got it later?

Any more than that Arkadia players were compensated when all mobs there were no looters? Or the crafters who did not get parts of their HOFs over 10K ped and got it later?

I dunno about the crafters, but the no-loot was system wide on Ark, therefore an obvious bug.

This Hussk hasn't been determined it should always loot, has it? Just a probable of (great?) loot.

Tippin'

Tippin'

they dont refund their customer base if they do mistakes?

lol what company are they?

that is robbery. if you pull them to european law courts for robbery and explain their system was not working at the time you lost your ammunition you bought with ingame curreny which you got for real money their lousy EULA and ToS be burned down.

companies cant create their own world and do what they want even if they call it "virtual universe" its not a lawless zone their company is in europe not on any other planet.

calling out "every player must know himself what to do" wont help them either there.

rules in combination with performance of the product against money is the base here. not ingame calypso law "all to mindark" lol

i get a closer look at the EULA and ToS now. i find that interesting now and have the time for investigation.

thanks for info =)

Does it actually say someplace that mob bosses are guaranteed 100% of the time to drop loot? I don't know but I have never read anything to that extent about mob bosses.

That should be the first question to ask, if that is not a guarantee I don't see what the issue is with a no looter, it is just a bad deal just like any other big mob that you waste ammo and decay killing and get no loot, it is just a bigger instance of the same ol shiot.

Not saying to stop complaining though, heck I would complain like crazy if I was there and spent that much for a no looter, but in the end unless I was guaranteed I'd not expect much to come from any complaining.

Status
Back