FYI: MindArk's president J-W Timkrans has been let go!

Status

z1m0nz000r

Young
Yesterday on september 5 MindArk announced that their president Jan-Welter Timkrans have been let go effective immediately.

http://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/documents/pressmeddelande-vd.pdf

The pressrelease is in swedish but for our international players, just use google translate.

My thoughts on this:

Well, as a longtime shareholder, player of Project Entropia and a guy in general with the best of interests in MindArk I think this is the best that could have happened..

Things have been on the downhill for quite some time now and of course one must bare in mind that he did actually found the company and came up with the idea of a virtual universe himself, BUT NEW FRESH BLOOD IS NEEDED.

JW remains as the biggest shareholder of approximately 36%.

Perhaps he has been used to playing the card of 'my way or the highway'.. But sooner or later that kind of behavior punishes itself.

The new president is named Johan Andinsson and his latest assignment was as president of the swedish company Valentin&Byhr Reklambyrå AB of which his work was greatly appreciated.

Conclusion:

Nothing bad can come from replacing the man in charge, when things have been everything but good the last couple of years, by adding a guy like Mr Andinsson who have the experience and know-how to turn things around for the better.

I predict the future as very bright and this step can only benefit us shareholders, us players and us long time fans of Project Entropia!

FUTURE - HERE WE COME!!!

(popcorn.jpg)

cut and paste translation would be cool!
thanks for the info...
seems like good news... typically this happens when a person hasnt done a very good job... and things need to be turned around...

i havent read it yet... but you said he was "let go" which basically means he was fire and didnt step down... or leave to pursue other options...

this is a nice proactive move by the board or whoever made this happen

kudos

Woot. Marco/SDS is viewing this thread. Care to comment, Marco ?:)

Hmm. Will be interesting to see what happens.

-Bemo-

BUT NEW FRESH BLOOD IS NEEDED.

FUTURE - HERE WE COME!!!

rhytm is 3/4, heavily distorted, palm-muted guitar riff

(chorus (growling))

I AGREED, WE NEED NEW
DEPOSITING, FRESH MEAT
LET IT BLEED WITH NEW BLOOD
WE!!! SHALL!!! PROFIT!!!

(inspirational bands: Man Must Die, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Meshuggah, The Haunted, At The Gates)

Thx for sharing Simon

Very good news indeed, but from the pressrelease it still looks like they are following the JW roadmap. Without certain events taking place in the very short future the change in executive might have been to late.

This is the Google translation:

Johan Andinsson takes over as new CEO of MindArk PE AB
Johan Andinsson takes 1 September 2011 the position of President of the
MindArk PE AB.
John joins us from Valentine & Byhr Advertising Agency AB, where he was executive
Officer conducted a comprehensive restructuring of the business with very positive
results. John has extensive experience in communications, PR and Design where he held
various management positions in areas such as Form Tech Inc., Cliff Design AB Design
Communication AB.
John born in 1972.
Johan Andinsson succeeds MindArk `s founder and majority owner, Jan Welter Timkrans, which
remain in the company's board.
Jan Welter Timkrans During his term as President established the company as
one of the leading companies in the so-called MMOG industry, Massive Multiplayer Online
Games with the company's technical platform Entropia platform and the virtual world Entropia
Universe as a base for the development of different game concepts.
"We now see a new phase in its development where the first two periods in the form of establishment
and development of product concepts and technology platforms has created the foundation for growth with
profitability. In the coming period, the company will focus on the development of its
partnership strategy in which independent players in the market independently operates and develops its own
game concept and where MindArk offers the infrastructure in the form of Entropia and Platform
Entropia Universe.
In hiring John Andinsson, the company is now the skills necessary
for the consolidation of operations with the objective to create growth and sustainable profitability. It
overall mission of John is to prepare the company for the planned
IPO in late 2012 and take all necessary measures to ensure
quality in processes and partner relationships, "said Fred Rosenthal, chairman of the board.
For information contact the Chairman, Fred Rosenthal, e-mail:
fred.rosenthal @ telia.com or telephone: +46 705 285346

Thx for sharing Simon

Very good news indeed, but from the pressrelease it still looks like they are following the JW roadmap. Without certain events taking place in the very short future the change in executive might have been to late.

There's a new boardmeeting september 19 where I think 'all' questions will be answered.

Me wants to see more heads in the dust. :wise:

Because this Johan Andinsson are coming from a company (Valentin & Byhr Reklambyrå AB) ---> They do advertisements.

So i hope they would be able at MA to to some PR about the game so we can get more players to the game.

Because bringing this guy in paints a picture to US authorities that EU has to do with online gambling.

Wait.

US authorities operating by watching painted pictures?
Do you really thinks, that US authorities controls everything, everyone and everywhere?
You know, that EU have nothing common with gambling?

Subscribing :popcorn::computer::drink:

Wait.

US authorities operating by watching painted pictures?
Do you really thinks, that US authorities controls everything, everyone and everywhere?
You know, that EU have nothing common with gambling?

When it comes to the global finance system, especially credit cards, they do control everything.

You do know that the Swedish Gambling Authority still has not qualified Entropia as gambling.

So U.S. authorities would have a difficult case to prove it.

I wonder if this is linked to the SEE and SDS affair?

IPO late 2012.

Yeah, right.

If the new guy can turn around the company in such a way that an IPO is possible (like making profit, sustainable growth etc) he deserves a major package of shares... of which was nothing mentioned interestingly.

/Slupor

When it comes to the global finance system, especially credit cards, they do control everything.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that all my CC transactions coming thru and approved by US.

Wellcome to new President of Mindark PE AB. (Indeed the profile of this gentleman is what we expected as a company director)

Status
Back