MindArk's Statement Regarding Unauthorized Use of Official Items

Nothing more to add.

Nothing more to add.

Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

unknown.png

btw, i've received my reward already, a really, really decent stack of universal ammo...

so, thanks alot mindark, and also thanks to everyone who took part in the recent discussions about this topic to find out the truth. :yup:

You deserve it GZ!

I like this new Henrik guy. It seems like they finally hired someone with balls.

So if a Mindark Official would have given me an unique item which other players cant get, im doing something offensive? It would be a bannable offense to just heal shy less in twin peaks 24/7 or whatever?
Maybe im missing a part here?

I do agree that something should happen. Like punish the person who handed over these items. The action to remove all not needed items/make the other items avatar bound should solve this thing from happening again.

If i dont miss anything from the above statement then I think a 5 month ban is harsh and resetting some skills to 1 aswell. Somehow I can understand that if someone from MA themself gave me a nice item, like the regen chip, I would be pretty surprised that they would ban me. I got it from MA afterall :scratch2:

Lets hope I miss something since most posts were that DannyO and 1 (or 2) more persons deserved it.

Maybe im missing a part here?

Yes.
He said he received the item to assist on Arkadia events.

He confessed he also used it in a hidden place for personal gains / skillgain.
Some says they have seen him selling bioreg skills on AH.
With the cost of using that chip, this is clearly an exploit kind thing.

The ban and punishment is seems fair for me.

In case he would really just assist with it in Arkadia events, im sure they wont punish him that hard, or not at all, just take back the chip.

Yes.
He said he received the item to assist on Arkadia events.

He confessed he also used it in a hidden place for personal gains / skillgain.
Some says they have seen him selling bioreg skills on AH.
With the cost of using that chip, this is clearly an exploit kind thing.

The ban and punishment is seems fair for me.

In case he would really just assist with it in Arkadia events, im sure they wont punish him that hard, or not at all, just take back the chip.

If that is true then he violated the rules of the agreement and used it for personal gain.
A punishment should be fair then.

... all other instances of the Arkadia-specific Prototype Regeneration Field Chip items were removed from Entropia Universe.

Great decisive action. Seems like Ark also got their share of penalty.

It isn't required.

There is Submit a Support Case / In-world (game play) / Abuse or harassment on www.Entropiauniverse.com
I've noticed a lot of the best ideas aren't required... the "submit support case" that kicks you out to a browser, then maybe gets you a cryptic and unfriendly response that looks automated and does nothing (if you're lucky)... we can do better than that, and what Eddie just outlined there sounds really good.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i wish community and staff would be this passionate about punishing PvP cheaters.
took them how many years to remove "select target" then later made it even easier for players to cheat (bot hunt/ pvp aim assist) with the 16.0 controls system.

oh btw how many people have been banned or had accounts suspended for cheating in PvP???? ever???

imo punishment was too harsh.

:lolup: :eyecrazy: :laugh:

I wonder what the marco gun says in description

Fair verdict.

Dissappointed tbh. Both in the response and the players involved.

This is a real cash economy game, these people used things to get ahead. They should lose a lot more and watch their gear get auctioned off imo. 5 months isn't really much to cry about considering the crime. This only will entice more people to look for loopholes and to actively cheat the system knowing they can only get a couple months ban for the 1st time each account is caught. The amount of damage potential on the economy and the rest of the player base is far too much to risk.

If they had skill chips already for these skills, this means they were actively selling them, and got financial gains out of it, making it unforgivable. I actually bought skills recently to be able to use the prof 80 resto....the actual victims of their crime are still here, and uncompensated....way to go.

All to only lose skills that they would need ped to invest to deject anyhow and still they are able to compete in top events with high skills in other areas?

Prof 10 for all is what I would suggest to deter more people from risking bad behavior.

Lets be honest...the reason they did it in the first place is they knew the punishment would never fit the crime, as scammers and botters (dannyO even admitted to botting this chip in his apt) never seem to get punished either.

For a real cash game this is incredibly weak punishment considering they were profiting off these chips. What can I say, Mindark is inept at management across the board.

Not good enough. This should have been permanent ban and all items and peds liquidated. Contradictory to the EULA, other lesser infractions have costed players their accounts and items. Not happy with this result, once a cheater always a cheater, who knows what other items were "Borrowed" and resulted in an unfair advantage. Don't care if this player is a high end depositor who lives in south London, what the hell does that demographic have to do with the crime?, do the crime do the time and in this instance time is not enough. He should be banned from EU for life.

Nepotism MA Nepotism.

Not happy at all

Dynamic my left nut..

RicK

I think it would be amusing to see some other cheaters having their attributes reduced to 1. :whistle:

Wouldn't that be fitting. Perhaps there would be a lot of avatars with Uber gear and 1 attribute then.

Few things it is nice to hear from Henrik and hope it doesn't take serious cases for him to address the community and the next time we hear from him will be on a positive gaming development note.

Also would love if issues like botting and hunting reduced to an auto afk feature where Avatars are doing this 24/7 was addressed since that has been a hot spot in the community as well in this thread

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ear-on-Cheaters-Botters-and-How-to-Fight-Them

Last edited:
on arkadia forum the avatar in question is selling stuff indicating that it'll be in game in September... hmm... since all trades are final and mindark does not approve trades outside of game... hmm... uh... hmm... (would that sort of activity be reason to make the lock longer? or permanent - especially if devs of the planet partner in question where all this took place is the forum harboring this type of activity?)... almost like the 5 month ban is simply being smirked at, etc....

Last edited:
on arkadia forum the avatar in question is selling stuff indicating that it'll be in game in September... hmm... since all trades are final and mindark does not approve trades outside of game... hmm... uh... hmm... (would that sort of activity be reason to make the lock longer? or permanent - especially if devs of the planet partner in question where all this took place is the forum harboring this type of activity?)

Forum activity does not even require an Entropia account.

Tons of trades are initiated through the planet forums. Why would you consider that against the rules––or even punishable?

Sale thread in question rather looks like a sell-out.
Maybe it is even in agreement with MindArk, considering the on-goings before?

:dunno:

on arkadia forum the avatar in question is selling stuff indicating that it'll be in game in September... hmm... since all trades are final and mindark does not approve trades outside of game... hmm... uh... hmm... (would that sort of activity be reason to make the lock longer? or permanent - especially if devs of the planet partner in question where all this took place is the forum harboring this type of activity?)

I don't see what's wrong with a presale. Otherwise we could not offer items in this forum.

Sorry but I say no to rewarding people who expose cheaters.. Why you may ask? Cause player A gets his friend Player B who lives down the street to make an account and cheat, Player A reports him and get the "free" reward.

If you love the game like I do then just report a cheater and be happy you did your part!

I
Sorry but I say no to rewarding people who expose cheaters.. Why you may ask? Cause player A gets his friend Player B who lives down the street to make an account and cheat, Player A reports him and get the "free" reward.

If you love the game like I do then just report a cheater and be happy you did your part!
I agree with this :)

The persuit of profit can make some people take rash and stupid decisions, but when caught can have drastic life changes for the worse.

Why oh why risk all you have for a quick buck ingame?

Nice to see MA take action, and hopefully ensure won't happen again (and i take no joy in watching the punishment).

Back