News: Mini Mayhem - Crystal Palace

Lets say 1 item left 2 person short by 5k tokens the one pays 5% tt gets the item .
Pvp or pay to win ?

This is such a great idea for a company that does not answer support cases or condone macro hunting, I can only imagine how this is gonna play out.

Make domes pvp during this event? should solve the problem, only way to prevent the clowns who are certain to be afk up there.

Gonna pass on this event :D

You can't be serious running an event of this scale in the domes? The domes piss me off even with one other person in there you always ended up shooting or tagging the same mob. The dome is a tiny place to hunt even for just 1 hunter.

-Needs to be instanced otherwise it's going to be absolute chaos and everyone is going to have a BAD time.
-Needs mission
-Needs to drop boxes
-Should have an augmented token drop rate especially if you are going to make it taxed at a rate of 4.5%

The difference is that CP is a sure investment and TI is was a joke.
....... Anyway...

This seemed like a good idea to me, revenue for CP deed holders (I already sold mine), not really worth buying as many deeds as you can before the event, as it is only a short period (if it was all summer I'd have bought them back and maybe it will increase the value of deeds in the futue), and it gives the ragers the chance to look at how many tokens they need and maybe if they think getting what they need in the time allowed is possible they WON'T have to wait until Halloween.. And it initially seemed to me MA were damned if they do and dammed if they don't..

However.. The team issue is gonna cause problems on top of the area and mob spanw issues..

My mind was already made up really, but.. Yeah I'll pass.

The economy is strange currently and we really needed a nice healthy and busy Summer Mayhem (or just the Summer) to invigorate the markets IMO.

Tokens, 2.0 weapons, boxes, rings.... I'd have settled for a nice and busy game.

MA please reconsider location for this event
Maybe ask a PP to step up and just add tokens to the loot of select mobs.
CP is way too small.

1- Good to see the promises made about CP events finally happening! (3+ years later)

2- At 6x hunters per dome and 2x per brood type I foresight a max. of 36 hunters, this just show how much they play their own game... (happy mayhem to the 36 hunters that arrive first :D)

"Planet Calypso is the oldest of the planets in the Entropia Universe, with over one million registered accounts and over $400 million USD per year in user-to-user transactions"

Now picture that in 4 domes.

1- Good to see the promises made about CP events finally happening! (3+ years later)
"5% of revenue is allocated for fertilizer costs, event prizes, and other estate maintenance and improvements."

This event is sponsored by 4.5% Tax that players will pay, not from the 5% revenue MA kept for "fertilizer costs, event prizes, and other..." in the last 3 years, so please dont say they kept their promise. Unless they make it 0% in event.

Oh and Lag will be a thing, now and in migration, like every single year for so many years and many years to come.

Turn on lootable PVP for some real Mayhem.

Then make some commercials pointing out the RCE aspect and put it up all over twitch. Also open your own twitch channel and use your unbound camera to zoom around capturing the battle and stream it live with a commentary team like other eSports.

Have another team working in the back trying to spot the aimbots and clean up the game as you unleash the new Mayhem concept upon the gaming world.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice from MindArk to put a Giant Screen at Port Atlantis, displaying live the Chaos happening in the Domes :cheer::popcorn::cheer:

Watching Ubers Kill Stealing and cursing every 5 seconds will be a lot of Fun for sure :handgun::cussing::rocket:

Well I mean people were pointing out they promised CP events and never delivered and now they kinda did. I think it's probably not the best event structure for such a place and yeh KS and spawns gonna be rough (maybe they will make them shared loot :ROFLMAO: ) but I guess expecting them to create and setup something other than adding x to the loot was a bit much. Back in the day promises they made just dissapered into the ether now it seems they do mostly keep them just at a snails pace, look forward to perhaps selling my tier upgrader skills in 2025.

Well I mean people were pointing out they promised CP events and never delivered and now they kinda did. I think it's probably not the best event structure for such a place and yeh KS and spawns gonna be rough (maybe they will make them shared loot :ROFLMAO: ) but I guess expecting them to create and setup something other than adding x to the loot was a bit much. Back in the day promises they made just dissapered into the ether now it seems they do mostly keep them just at a snails pace, look forward to perhaps selling my tier upgrader skills in 2025.

By dint of being disappointed, you get used to it.. :)

It'll be like Longtooth Old spot.... 10 mob spawn at once, 22 hunters each shoot one while the rest sit around then 10 respawn, BUT with super agro mobs in a smaller area with 100 more hunters
SOUNDS great. And the brood dome.. that's like so small.

It'll be like Longtooth Old spot.... 10 mob spawn at once, 22 hunters each shoot one while the rest sit around then 10 respawn, BUT with super agro mobs in a smaller area with 100 more hunters
SOUNDS great. And the brood dome.. that's like so small.
Brood cave is untaxed so i dont think it will be part of mayhem

Is there a nice surprise after this mini event?

I’ll be on vacation during this disaster event. But I’m sure it will be even more fun reading about it in the numerous threads that pop up.

my guess. First 3 days no mobs spawn just like when you run an la event and 100 ppl show up. When they get back on Monday they’ll do some hot fix to get mobs to spawn. And cp will crash. Leaving everyone floating in space and respawning on ships.

time will tell, gl to all that can participate. I hope I’m wrong and it is actual mayhem with high Agro mobs, too bad little ones hit for 0 dmg in any armor. Ma will bank on those repair bills.

Did they address the memory leak in the main Space Station??? If this forces them to clean it up I'm all for it! Lets Wait till a bunch of players try to craft in it while they are AFK. lo. I got lots of popcorn! Why didn't they use F.O.M.A? That place is a graveyard!

Ok, what do I take away from this before the event has even started?

A: We are quick to point out likely problems from the 'wrong side of the table'. Even some posters consider this to be complaining/whining.
B: Somebody from MA does actually read some or all of what we write, but makes only minor comments.
C: I really like some of the suggestions that are made alongside the digging for problems.

So, can the domes quickly be instanced and made available from all planets? I guess it would require an update, so won't happen unless they already have it in-game, just not usually accessible, like 'areas' that have been found in the past.
Is this the result of MA throwing '10 minutes' of work at providing CP with an event, or indeed some kind of stress-testing they hope to have a grip on?
Could there indeed be in-dome 'filming' performed by MA and streamed to screens around EU, also as a test and opportunity for players to make 'informed choices' about participation?

So, can the domes quickly be instanced and made available from all planets? I guess it would require an update,

On Tuesday 2022-05-24 at 08:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for a brief maintenance.

We estimate a downtime of 30 minutes.

This downtime is a maintenance window only.

For details on UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Originally Posted Here

tadaaa :) something else? perhaps, the above? perhaps :)

During this mini event, maybe you should change the settings for the four different domes, would be a good idea to be able to enter them as a single team and after that split the team so everybody who wants gets their own instance.
Just like the Marcimex cave etc...

Back