News: Mini Mayhem - Crystal Palace

If they don’t create instances out of the domes they will have to massively increase the spawn rate and make all of the mobs shared loot.

im already warming up the loot pool :p

Yeah, I'll skip it.

I think that most of the players have MUCH more expertise than the developers and the MA employees on gaming mechanics.

a simply solution

Get an advisory panel (DO NOT DISCLOSE NAMES or their game experience would be ruined from harassers with strange ideas)
that help in the process of itemization, event mechanics, loot balancing suggestion

DAMN we all know how to let playerbase shot more, spend more and have more fun.

No one notices that Dianthus is so scarce that skyrocketed at 270% (from 140) and accuracy and economy enhaner are now skyrocketed?
no one noticed that are the enhcner that give free damage to the user? it is indirect rise in hunting cost......where is the balance team?

(additionally, remove Aquavit dispenser from the meeting room)
My biggest and only real hope for the future of this game is that they sell to another company devloper that cares for more than 20 days a year they seem to and has a clue about the game they are making and how to *hold breath* advertise.

[Moderated: Removed response to deleted comment, off topic]

OT, The CP looks interesting. Since Calypso is only about Mayhem tokens nowadays anyway, at least the "meta game". These mini Mayhems are prolly a test of MA's finance department to see how to best squeeze money out of players (or at least the whales among them). Migration doesn't seem to be that profitable compared to mayhem (depending on rings buffs and attached box prices).

Anyway, out of my league atm, I'll just save up for Halloween Mayhem and join the new meta game.

Last edited by a moderator:
let's fire up the flqame war
1, mayhem minimum level of monster is 8.... this leads small fishes without a chance to drop any M or rare token making an event for level 40+ evader ppl (or burn armors)
2. how will a melee nano katana work in a range shooting festival ? :) (and maces .. oh.. and Daggers)

I am doing my best to remain hopeful and optimistic about this. I am glad Mindark is trying something new with Mayhems and honestly y'all they need to experiment and change it up anyways.

This could be a way of starting Mini Mayhem more often to supplement the slow times in game between the bigger grind fests. Perhaps we will get a short weekend mini mayhem we can attend every month? I know that would personally be easier on my play style in the long run. I could dabble with Mayhem now and then instead of feeling like "oh shit I HAVE to be there" and dedicate 1-2 straight weeks of my life at it.

I think it will be interesting to see the effects of paying a tax on Mayhem but also having new opportunities to loot new valuable stuff! Perhaps it won't be an extreme shrapnel fest and we can get some good alien MU drops now and then instead of relying on tokens/boxes to entirely save our asses every Mayhem. Mindark putting auctions for the items themselves was a good idea and maybe it gives us a place to sell some of this for a quick profit.

Granted we don't yet know how this will work, they didn't actually mention anything about not being instanced. The instances could have already been finished a while ago and they are just now switching CP over to them permanently with this event? What better way to see if CP instances work rather than a half week stress test? If CP hunting is really so small and hard to do already it will be worse if our player base grows with the new engine. It could be Mindark doing the RIGHT thing and planning ahead on some players investments!

Something does make me laugh with the MA non character placing orders on auction though. With this Mayhem we could see people hunting with bots for loot so that it can be bought by a bot. 🤣

If this event is mostly successful (spawn issues aside) could it be applied to other planet partners as a way of unifying the platform?

I feel like any measures that break down the calypso vs partners is an overall positive for the universe and its players.

If this event is mostly successful (spawn issues aside) could it be applied to other planet partners as a way of unifying the platform?

I feel like any measures that break down the calypso vs partners is an overall positive for the universe and its players.
In past I got the reply that mayhem is calypso exclusive content, and PP could have ability to create their own events, but not mayhem, unless MA decides to share profit for some ridiculously weird reason.

In past I got the reply that mayhem is calypso exclusive content, and PP could have ability to create their own events, but not mayhem, unless MA decides to share profit for some ridiculously weird reason.

"Caly only" but you can enter from any PP, you just cant take codex rewards from PP, and some seasonal boxes drops from normal mobs can be found on PP, even after the actual mayhem had an end on Caly.

Yes, they could have own stuff, like NI had the supply cache event or Arkadia had the gold rush, but we have no idea how much it cost for them to be able to give out this kind of rewards, maybe its just not worth them financially.

"Caly only" but you can enter from any PP, you just cant take codex rewards from PP, and some seasonal boxes drops from normal mobs can be found on PP, even after the actual mayhem had an end on Caly.

Yes, they could have own stuff, like NI had the supply cache event or Arkadia had the gold rush, but we have no idea how much it cost for them to be able to give out this kind of rewards.
planet calypso is owned by MindArk company, which is also owner of Entropia Universe platform, does it makes sense now?

planet calypso is owned by MindArk company, which is also owner of Entropia Universe platform, does it makes sense now?
I was aware of that, i just dont understand why you wrote that to me.

I'd rather stick my genitals in a blender than participate to this event. As many people said, it is going to be overcrowded and laggy as f***k. We can barely kill LT in a crowded place on Calypso with the game on edge of crashing let alone in a s****y dome on CP. Also event on a taxed land, no thanks, I'd rather stick with doing dailies than pay tax for a slim chance of looting a rare token. Way too short too, just when you're getting warmed up it ends... shame... . Love the way @Ludvig|MindArk keeps dodging real concern questions by deflecting with dry humour. Well done, keep it up and you'll definitely piss us off even more. As I said before, bank card says "see you at an event worth participating on".

I'd rather stick my genitals in a blender than participate to this event. As many people said, it is going to be overcrowded and laggy as f***k. We can barely kill LT in a crowded place on Calypso with the game on edge of crashing let alone in a s****y dome on CP. Also event on a taxed land, no thanks, I'd rather stick with doing dailies than pay tax for a slim chance of looting a rare token. Way too short too, just when you're getting warmed up it ends... shame... . Love the way @Ludvig|MindArk keeps dodging real concern questions by deflecting with dry humour. Well done, keep it up and you'll definitely piss us off even more. As I said before, bank card says "see you at an event worth participating on".
blender off or on? that's a big difference, first is weird, second is weirder :D

blender off or on? that's a big difference, first is weird, second is weirder :D
Don't worry, it was a hollow statement. He was just bragging about his size!
If you have a decent sized blender, you will mostly not reach the cutting blades at the bottom anyway. :p

Blender on as it would be less of a pain than having to hunt with other potential hundreds of players in a small shitty dome. 🤣🤣

There is an easy way to make your voice heard about this Mayhem. Simply do not participate.
If people do not want to pay an additional tax to do mayhem, they should not participate. I would not.
I guess if someone planned to go to CP, they could hit two birds with one stone and do mayhem.

I like that they included Mayhem tokens to this type of Crystal Palace event.
We had an event last year on Crystal Palace too but, that was for the auction orders of Crystal Palace loot only.
The event will be a good time to do the quest of unlocking access to Crystal Palace Cave.
We start the quest by clicking on the flaming door underneath the main Teleport.

What Crystal Palace Cave has to offer:
All 6 brood maturities in Crystal Palace Cave has the rare loot Mutated Aurli Bone Piece
The Mutated Aurli Bone Piece is used to upgrade Armor Plating Mk. 5B
With a combination of Crystal Palace biodome and Crystal Palace Cave loot, we can also make Alien Biogenic Gel
Alien Biogenic Gel is used in some blueprints and can also be used to spawn Husskling
Crystal Palace Cave also has a small nesting area where we can pick up Aurli Larva

They could had repeated the event from last year, but instead they have decided to include Mayhem tokens in the event too. I see that as a good thing ;)

Sure, ill go hunt some aurlies if they adress sone of you guys' concerns.

But yeah, normal dome are usually a pain to hunt in. If they simply increase the spawn its not gonna be fun.

But even aside from that, this is a very very veeeeryyyy lazy event and is not really exciting me. I might shoot an hour or three but do we really think people are gonna grind this hard? Unless drops are amazeballs, and then its gonna be a mess cuz everyone and their alt is gonna be there.

In short, gonna go fishing, maybe shoot some when the gf is bathing or sth but not more. Wish there was a better substitute for summer mayhem.

Please be transparent. Next Time you plan on drying CP. post it ahead.. CP domes are nearly empty currently.

Not that this post matter..

This would of been perfect event if Treasure Island was used instead of CP.

As far as I can tell, the most hopeful post has been that CP domes are indeed going to be instanced, and that this is a short stress test, potentially of how the servers handle not only instances, but also the portal area, which appears from the description to be small main area of CP only this time. This would mean asking the servers if they can handle a small area/areas being overrun by people appearing and disappearing (from and to the space tp + into and out of domes).
I would view it as a valuable test into what happens if small areas of normal world act as portals, in prep for UE5 and potentially access to instanced content from shops and land plots etc in the future.

Will it turn out to be true? Optimist, pessimist, realist? Que sera sera - is the future ours to see?
Also a hope - will 'the community' be altruistic enough to quickly (and honestly) tell the rest what taking part is actually like?
Watching from a different planet - and presumably no access apart from watching tracker or so...

As far as I can tell, the most hopeful post has been that CP domes are indeed going to be instanced, and that this is a short stress test, potentially of how the servers handle not only instances, but also the portal area, which appears from the description to be small main area of CP only this time. This would mean asking the servers if they can handle a small area/areas being overrun by people appearing and disappearing (from and to the space tp + into and out of domes).
I would view it as a valuable test into what happens if small areas of normal world act as portals, in prep for UE5 and potentially access to instanced content from shops and land plots etc in the future.

Will it turn out to be true? Optimist, pessimist, realist? Que sera sera - is the future ours to see?
Also a hope - will 'the community' be altruistic enough to quickly (and honestly) tell the rest what taking part is actually like?
Watching from a different planet - and presumably no access apart from watching tracker or so...
Lets hope for the best but dont forget that in its current version the revive for all domes is in the mainarea and getting disconnected in the domes usually puts you ontop of the domes, eg 'outside' which may not be the best situation for high traffic/lag...
Also - everyone comes with vehicles through the hangar and too many vehicles in a hangar still cause disconnects.

Ok for those at work.

All mobs are changed to shared loot, spawn is increased but not enough are spawning. Tokens are not dropping yet

How about some free HDN's for colonists to help in the war effort against the aliens MA? :)

Spawn so far works but for 20 avatars around is kind of slow, no tokens

Back