Mini pet

trance

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
hypnotica TRANCE blain
What do you think about the nerf of mini pets? ( all the ancient strong and others)

I know, some ppl used the big pets for more prodection in pvp, and it was anoying at events, if you hit a pet and not the target.

MA then did change all our big pets to be verry mini pets. This ofc solve the aim problem and also the pvp problem.
But it make a lot ppl angry and unlucky, about they all bought those pets about tehy are big fat pets.
MA don't only changed the size, they also changed the stats! (Daikiba strong from 20% to 15% buff).

Ok, I do think this was a verry bad change, about it make ppl angry and unlucky, and change stats is not good also, about some ppl bought it to have 20% buffs and not only 15%.

Why not make PVP pet less, like it is for vehicles?
Why not change the code (hit box collision), so you don't hit pets, if you aim at a target?

I think this would be the much better solution, as making ppl angry with such changes.

Or do you like to buy some thing, and next time you log in, it is full different to what you bought?
Your nice ferrary then looks like a mini cooper and it have less PS.

This is not a whining thread! just wondering what ppl think about the pet changes.

i'm still very angry about that! nuff said... :mad:

Ya the large ancient pets were interesting aspect in game.

MA could just make those pets non-spawnable in PVP if they are abused well should be able to make anyways this is MA we are talking about.

As far as annoying in team hunts, or events well those should be issues between team mates and other players. Although those big Exarosaurs in Service stations I do agree was annoying could not click on any of the terminals or even see what you were clicking on for that matter.

You have no vehicle zone indicator places like Camp Icarus, I would love to see a no pet zone indicator specially inside outposts, and yeah could work too on pvp.

seems it was more easy to make mini pets, also when ppl get angry about that, instead to outzone pets from the lootable pvp.

What they did:
Just resize a model can be done with one click in maya or max. Also possible to spawn it resized by change the spawn code.

The better solution:
PVP:
Outzone pets would need a little bit more code, so the vehicle permission zones also can handle pets.
AIM:
Change the collision box a bit, so collision boxes at tamed pets don't get a hit, if a player shoot. (ok, may MA have in the plan to make that possible, that pets can be shoot down. But if not, why don't code the hit box different?)

For me, that pet changes let me think, that such things not only happens at pets. May one day your big gun looks like a water pistol, and the stats are changed also. In a game , where ppl pay to play, and we all pay much to play, such things should just not happen!

Now, i can say what happens, i just don't feed my mini daikiba strong longer! Same with my snab strong famal and mal and also with the exo. They are now in my storage, and will get dust there.

I bought a Daiki Ancient for 100+ PED because I wanted exactly that pet with exactly that size.

Now I got a hopping pea. :mad:

There are sooo many bugs and other problems in this game and they know nothing better to do than shrinking pets? I′m really really mad about that fuck. :mad: :mad:

On 2015-06-17 13:30 Entropia Universe Support wrote:

Hi Switch,

Thank you for your support case.

We've altered some Pets in various way to make them all more consistent with the initial idea of the pets, we apologies for the inconvenience this have caused you.

We will of course forward your case as feedback for our management and they will of course consider reverting the changes depending in the wishes of the players.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Yea... I feel quite inconvenienced, thank you very much... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Problem like always: only if enough people complain about the same thing (in a PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR) then MA will react. So everyone who is annoyed, needs to express his anger in normal words... then MAYBE something will change.

I expressed my thoughts on this in the VU thread. All the PvP exploit bugs that have been around forever and they choose to fix some minor, recent one in a way that affects non PvPers. Nice.

Problem like always: only if enough people complain about the same thing (in a PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR) then MA will react. So everyone who is annoyed, needs to express his anger in normal words... then MAYBE something will change.

Hopefully some more ppl give your toughts here. What they feel about this, what they think about the pet changes/nerfs.

Would you like to have the pet size, and also stats back, before the changes, but pets are not longer allowed in pvp, like vehicles? Also the hit box would be redesigned/coded, so shoots going trought the pet, like we can walk trought pets?

Trade centers and other places then may not allow pets also.

I actually like the fact that my Snable shrunk. It was impossible to hunt with before.

I actually like the fact that my Snable shrunk. It was impossible to hunt with before.

Not everyone bought/kept BIG Ancient pets to hunt with them.
I was using others for hunt.

I liked big Stalker-size Ancient Strong Daikiba, and I'm sad and worried that MA decided to shrunk it.
Meanwhile RT released monkey pet size of Strong Daikiba (before nerf), so it seems size is not an issue...
Now I wonder if that monkey pet will be shrunken as well. If not, then why shrinking Daikis?

I prefer the present situation, with smaller ancient pets.

I prefer the present situation, with smaller ancient pets.

I caught it and tamed it arround 2008 or 2009 and not because i wantted small daikiba but because was bigest and hardest tamable mob to get.
So i lived 6+ years with that beast and sudenly got puny sized daikiba with double energy consumption and only one passive buff.
Must be a bug to call it Legendary, there is nothing legendary as visualy, as abilityes or as buffs
To lvl it high i was all time online after pets introduction lol.
My daiki stalker or renamed ancient strong is lvl 68.67 now with 746380 experience is small like daiki Young, eat 40+54 and on top of that he play zombie with some death animation.

So "What do you think about the nerf of mini pets? ( all the ancient strong and others)"

I think grr,.#$%&(%$fu.."!=?%$grr..

I'm disappointed for dimension ancient pet nerf

I'm a new player but one day i was lucky to see a pvp fight between my friend and another player, they both had spammed their pets and it was amazing seeing how they both were using the pet to protect them self.

It was looking as a real fight where pet was helping its tamer, and the fight lasted more than the usual 5 secs when you can kill an avatar with 3 shots of a big gun

:mad:

I'm disappointed for dimension ancient pet nerf

It was looking as a real fight where pet was helping its tamer, and the fight lasted more than the usual 5 secs when you can kill an avatar with 3 shots of a big gun

:mad:

Yea, i do think the same.. but some hardcore pk ppl with uber guns, don't liked... thats why they made it mini pet.

Yes :) Daikiba strong level 25, Snable male strong level 26...

what do you think about the lower buf % ? (Skill gain - Pet and Taming +20% / before nerf) now only 15%.

what do you think about the lower buf % ? (Skill gain - Pet and Taming +20% / before nerf) now only 15%.

I think we can expect some more changes with taming (and possibly more nerfs) in the months to come as it is a new system.

My daiki stalker or renamed ancient strong is lvl 68.67 now with 746380 experience is small like daiki Young, eat 40+54 and on top of that he play zombie with some death animation.

Actually when I checked some 2 weeks ago or so Ancient strong was smaller than smallest available maturity - Daikiba Pup...

Yes :) Daikiba strong level 25, Snable male strong level 26...

Ok.
But what is the point of having one shrinked?
Now we can tame Atroxes. Regardless of maturity tamed they turn into Atrox Pup, all maturities result in same size.
I'm almost sure that in future we will have more mobs added as tameable.
It would make more sense to keep ancient ones at their original size just to differentiate that they are Ancient pets, tamed in old system.
Then if you like small Daikiba you could tame one in new system, resulting in small one.

I woudn't mind any size of pet or ammount, as long they are killable regardless of where they are, you can hire me 24/7 pet bounty hunter.

I specifically bought my Ancient Daikiba Strong because I liked how big it was.

I do not like small pets. I do not like this change. Once again MA has done something I don't like or agree with, I will most likely sell my pet and not do anything with them again.

I like to log in and grind mobs and watch all my skills increase and try to hit big a big jackpot. That is all I am really interested in with this "game".

I have been around long enough to accept that MA is probably going to piss me off most of the time on most of the content they release or break and don't fix. I just try to not let it get to me (much) anymore.

I have found that the less $$$ I have "Invested" in this "game" the easier it is for me to accept MA's "dynamics."

This pleases me because I find that I don't put to much money into the game anymore and that can be used elsewhere for a better purposes. MA and/or the people I don't like don't get my money now. Win Win. :yup:

Other than the PvP cheat I don't know why anyone would want a large pet, I can't think of anything more annoying. I would rather all my pets were the size of a flea.

Other than the PvP cheat I don't know why anyone would want a large pet, I can't think of anything more annoying. I would rather all my pets were the size of a flea.

Not all ppl feel the same, or do think the same, thats good so. But why you would like to have pets in the size of a flea?
just wondering.

Not all ppl feel the same, or do think the same, thats good so. But why you would like to have pets in the size of a flea?
just wondering.

My only interest in having a pet is for the buffs they bring. The presence of an animal running around me is just annoying when it sometimes gets in my way. With the bunny I usually have with me now, it's generally not a problem, but if it was a flea it would be even better. Though thinking about it more, it might be a bit too hard to pull its health bar :D

My daikiba have 20% also now so that was not changed for my pet.

My only interest in having a pet is for the buffs they bring. The presence of an animal running around me is just annoying when it sometimes gets in my way. With the bunny I usually have with me now, it's generally not a problem, but if it was a flea it would be even better. Though thinking about it more, it might be a bit too hard to pull its health bar :D

may we need also a micro button, for ppl like you :laugh: but i do understand what you mean.

But a lot ppl, like me also, just was like the fat big mobs, and they gave the money to buy a big mob and not a flea:)

My daikiba have 20% also now so that was not changed for my pet.

could be i was looking wrong... sry about that.

I think they un-shrunk the ancient pets––at least to some degree...

:yay:

Back