Mini Update

I guess the orders made it too easy to suck the bottom from the market, and artificially raise the price.

If a manipulator wants to raise the price on an item, all he has to do is place a bulk order, and the bottom of the market is immediately bought up as it is listed. The manipulator then re-lists the acquired cheapies at the desired new price.

No human can beat the order to a bargain.

That would be my guess.

*Edit : (L) items are perfect for this strategy because of the low volumes. The artificial inflation of (L) items will definitely unbalance MA's plan for them, in my opinion.

Why didnt they set it so that TT items couldnt be auctioned.

If a manipulator wants to raise the price on an item, all he has to do is place a bulk order, and the bottom of the market is immediately bought up as it is listed. The manipulator then re-lists the acquired cheapies at the desired new price.

No human can beat the order to a bargain.

That would be my guess.

you are drunk mate?who make orders..on L's?

Maybe ESIs..

the only...and only ..and only....reason for this...in my opinion ofcourse...is....becouse in the future will be a free repair of the L stuff.I dont see...any other reason for this.

Maybe is because of the broken limited items ?? but why not stop them being placed there to start with? :scratch2:

Lucky for me, filled my first L order for someone the other day, they wanted 5 cb19's. I looted one worth 20 odd ped and promptly filled their order with a less than quarter usable limited item at the percentage they asked, nothing mentioned bout how much use should be left. Perhaps this is why? People sick of having orders filled with almost broken L items at almost full market price? Thats my guess.

Lucky for me, filled my first L order for someone the other day, they wanted 5 cb19's. I looted one worth 20 odd ped and promptly filled their order with a less than quarter usable limited item at the percentage they asked, nothing mentioned bout how much use should be left. Perhaps this is why? People sick of having orders filled with almost broken L items at almost full market price? Thats my guess.

The reverse sting ;) Very good chance that was happening too.

I know some ppl will rant me for this, but I still strongly believe that Aucion BuyOuts are outdated and should be terminated too.

We have shops for that sort of shopping. Let the real market-force show us what items are worth! If you list any item in auction, it should be with startbids at 1 ped or 100% of value. No BuyOut. Let the buyers fight like in real auctions (Ebay is not a real auction;)) and let the sellers have some guts!

If you want items here and now, you must visit the shops.

This system would not only make life hard for old time resellers, it would also prevent shops from being robbed for items, that are just thrown back into auction at higher prices.

This has been proposed several times in Wishlist, I know that. Just couldnt resist to jump the idea again.

See the light MA!!? :cool:

Oh -and to all those who say, "boohoo - this will only skyrocket shop-prices.."
Well. Its a little late for that. Just look at the Malls. Besides we still have about 200 unsold shops on Amethera.

My 2pec :girl:

this is my guess to... and I hope they will put a tt condition in next VU to, so u'll set the tt and the % u what to buy, that will be nice!

interesting point about low tt L items, but then you take that risk placing the order. why not stop broken L items being put in auction at all? and tt items while at it.

as for the manipulation theory, its no different with non-L items so why only L?

maybe they plan to withdraw BO in other areas too, this is just a first step. i agree with Solaris, thats the role for shops not auction, especially for non stackables.

as for the manipulation theory, its no different with non-L items so why only L?

As I recall, it has never been possible to place an order for un(L) weapons or tools, only resources.

Resources like hides and ores have very high traded volumes, so the capital required to manipulate them in the same way limits the strategy. With (L) items, the volumes are far lower, so it is possible to attempt this with far less capital.

I think this was a good move because people were filling orders with broken/near broken items and what was the point of making an order for an item if all you ended up with was 4 broken items at a high percent.

As far as the tt items I wouldn't mind if they made it so that items in the tt terminal could not be auctioned but I think the main reason for not doing this is because newer players can/do sell items that have less than full tt on auction(why people buy them i do not know). It is a way to basically introduce the auction system to them, that would be my only guess, but like I said makes no difference to me--I do HATE seeing tt items listed in the auction for high mark-ups and worse than that I really HATE reading/hearing of someone who bought those items not knowing they were available in the tt terminal--I guess that is a lesson hard learned for not getting a good mentor or learning the way the Universe works BEFORE you go on a shopping spree. If they did make it so tt items were not available in auction then what affect would that have on bp's that are/were purchased at tt and the QR ran up to say 100? Would those not be available too? I think that would be wrong to not allow an exclusion for the bp's but just My 2 pecs--and if you exclude the bp's then you haven't really solved much of the problem cuz from what I see it is the item purchased and resold the most--besides that they will just take it to the streets and since an item IS worth what someone else pays and all trades are final they still would be pulling one over on people and there still is nothing that MA can do about it.

As I recall, it has never been possible to place an order for un(L) weapons or tools, only resources.

I have a going order for an unl weapon. It used to be as you say, until like 2 VUs ago, when it became possible.

Yes you can place orders for UN(L) weapons and tools I bought my Mad IV this way and several other tools/weapons.

wondering if this is the first Step MA did in order to prevent Auction Dumping in Future ^^

so ...... what about (L) BPs ??? someone knows ???

MA should just add an option for L items at auction - buy for x% AND condition has to be at least y%.
So i can put an order: buy p5 for 140% if condition is at least 60%. Easy :)

I have a going order for an unl weapon. It used to be as you say, until like 2 VUs ago, when it became possible.

Aah, okay, then I stand corrected.

so ...... what about (L) BPs ??? someone knows ???

Dunno but I am glad that somebody who had order for Apis bp at 60 pec a click is no more able to do it.

Hmm... A bit weird this update.
A reason along with the update would have been.

But I guess it's because it doesn't make sense to put a fixed % on an L item without knowing the TT value. So good decision probably.

I know some ppl will rant me for this, but I still strongly believe that Aucion BuyOuts are outdated and should be terminated too.

We have shops for that sort of shopping. Let the real market-force show us what items are worth! If you list any item in auction, it should be with startbids at 1 ped or 100% of value. No BuyOut. Let the buyers fight like in real auctions (Ebay is not a real auction;)) and let the sellers have some guts!

If you want items here and now, you must visit the shops.

This system would not only make life hard for old time resellers, it would also prevent shops from being robbed for items, that are just thrown back into auction at higher prices.

This has been proposed several times in Wishlist, I know that. Just couldnt resist to jump the idea again.

See the light MA!!? :cool:

Oh -and to all those who say, "boohoo - this will only skyrocket shop-prices.."
Well. Its a little late for that. Just look at the Malls. Besides we still have about 200 unsold shops on Amethera.

My 2pec :girl:

I agree with you, but wouldnt people just stay away from AU then? And just sell at Twin, PA or likewise, and ofcourse on EU forum?

Back