Question: Mining and crafting option within an RCE

K_rupT

Prowler
KrupT KrupT RaveR
Hey community . I have been thinking long time abour this and it kinda confuses me but over time we jave all seen ul amongst l guns faps armor etc dropping purely off hunting . And we have seen the explosive projectiles bp's introduced of which all have in my opinion crippled mining and crafting for the benefit of encouraging a thriving economy . I know we all ask MA to fix this dilemma because last i remember Entropia Universe prides itself on being a REAL CASH ECONOMY . I think partly participants are to blame as much as MA because we all influence such economy . With all these thoughts and ponderings going through my head i am wonderong what is it we as a community can we do to fix this problem .

So i guess my question is really just everyone got any thoughts. Ideas. Elaborations.

And as much as i like new content and new ideas . We all do . But i think more getting back to the root of an economy would suffice

Please forgive my post if its rough and doesnt make much sense . I am typing on my phone while at work

I look forward to everyones response and i can only hope mindark can look at this and take notes and even go back to the drawing board to see how much entropia was thriving with a vast market and participation

May lootius bless you all

Make it rain ;)

The only constructive solutions I think I've read on PCF is:

1) rebalance explosive bps to require a generic hunting resource, and a generic mining resource. Which can vary as the level of bp goes up. Ex. EPI = 5 Lyst, 50 shrapnel, XXX nanocubes & EPIV = 5 Gazz, 500 shrapnel, XXX nanocubes.

This solution doesn't mean that it mining and hunting resources need to encompass 66.666% of the EP tt value to click... just maybe 10-20%... that way it's not "buy cubes from TT, walk to craft terminal, gamble."

and finally:

2) Complete crafting overhaul with new guns, armors, amps, tools, etc... that have a slightly higher efficiency, dps, eco than the hunted items. Not grossly better because that would devalue hunting loots.. but mildly better items from crafting rather than hunting may give crafters incentives to click more than just EP bps.

This solution could raise hunting/mining loot markups as well because more resources would be consumed (like pre-shrapnel era).

That's all i've got... and MA probably won't touch it.

Agree 100%. UL items should be slightly less good than L items. Explosive BPs should take hunting/mining loot to run, and it shouldn't be one specific item (example: animal muscle oil), but a class of item (example: any muscle oil).

Actually i think EP I & II should still only be TT machine items...make EP 2-4 that requires hunting/mining loot.
Otherwise crafters have no way to be on the same level as hunters/miners.

Hunters/miners can both use tt items (ammo/probes)...so crafters should be allowed as well. But the higher level BP's should definitely require more than TT loot to craft.

Otherwise, if you also remove EP I & II from TT items, then all ammo should only be craftable to make an even playing field. That way hunters/miners pay crafters for ammo and crafters pay hunters/miners to make the ammo.
Otherwise its just crafters paying the mu all over again for everything while miners/hunters live off them. Why do you think so many crafters gamble EP4 now?

Because it's easier and faster than gathering materials.

No it's because there is no demand for crafted goods...if there is a demand, people will craft it.
But L items that are dropped by mobs are better than any crafted counterpart...so people don't buy crafted counterparts. EP4 is just a ped sink....most people are losing money and fast...give them something to craft that has decent MU and will sell quick and well...and many will switch.

No it's because there is no demand for crafted goods...if there is a demand, people will craft it.
But L items that are dropped by mobs are better than any crafted counterpart...so people don't buy crafted counterparts. EP4 is just a ped sink....most people are losing money and fast...give them something to craft that has decent MU and will sell quick and well...and many will switch.

Certainly they aren't crafting explosives because of demand.

Your original question was about gamblers, not crafters.

Certainly they aren't crafting explosives because of demand.

Your original question was about gamblers, not crafters.

Actually my original question was about crafters gambling EP4...not gamblers crafting EP4. There is a difference whether you think so or not. Crafters will switch if there is a market, gamblers will do what is more like a slot machine. If the TT machine gave a chance of giving you a HOF when buying or selling, gamblers would do that instead.

And yes crafters are crafting explosives due to demand...not the demand for explosives, but because there is no demand for something else. Hopefully though, with the new changes to these armor pieces and potentially other upgrades that require items that need to be crafted, the market may start turning around in that section at least for a little while. The demand for Renegade and Zombie armor pieces may just start going up for these upgrades, already the auction has the blueprints for these increased from 0.99 PED to 199 PED since the update

.....there will still be gamblers though.

Last edited:
Back