Mining Classes

click and pray works for me but i am interested in the class to do better

i understand that putting together some basic information on what i will be doing will help alot so here is a short break down of what i plan to do.

Please dont respond to these topics here , thats what the class is for. im thinking maybe we should try to do this this weekend maybe Friday night. Perhaps people could add me as a friend through the society terminal and send me messages when you are online. I could throw together classes ad hoc depending on how many are online.

1. Tool Selection - How do i pick the right tool for me?

2. Site selection - How do i find a place to mine?

3. Basics of mining - When i find a deposit what should i do?

4. Skill gains and what they mean to you. Each skill gain has a meaning and alot of it has been touched on. Hopefully we can demonstrate live what each one means.

5. Times to mine - and more importantly when not to mine.

6. Minerals and their friends - Certain minerals spawn together and if you can learn to figure out which rare minerals live with which common minerals you'll be better off.

7. Navigation when mining

8. How to read the signs - "I just got 3 deposits all around each other. Oh and one of the deposits was a rare mineral. What does this mean?

noo not this weekend :( I'm leaving for home and most likely will have no access to a comp :/

game time would help since we are in different timezones

Do you give private lessons for a soc mate? :)

Would be nice to get some sort of advice, maybe i can improve my choice of fields and my cnd mining a bit. Will talk in soc chat with ya ;)

yeah i can do private... Ill try to be available for questioning as much as possible... the best part about the lessons is that seeing is believing.. Honestly i dont want to do the lessons when the system is at its slowest or at its best becuase on average you can see the lines and you can get good enough results that you wont think you found the answer to the system or that you are just the unluckiest miner there is.

PM sent, I'll take a private class sometime. Can't make it for the group one though. Friend is getting married this weekend.

no way for me to add you from Soc Term.

Ill be on all weekend. US CDT. Hope we can hook up.:D

I work nights Monday to Friday so i cant make this Friday but am available from Saturday 10:00 am to Sunday night late thats Greenwich Meantime (UK).

Hope there are tutorials during the time i am off.

I will be home early from work today. I expect to be online and in town. Ill do my best to message everyone on here that is interested in the class and maybe we can get something together today. I will speak in trade cahnnel to get some others if they are interested.

I will do my best to do this as often as i can over the weekend as well. A blanket approach should get everyone thats wants to be a part of it in it.

as yesterdays post i am now and waiting hehe am in Atlas

OK all i am going to be starting the class in an hour at jason center

Im in Jason Center now 19:00 EU time if you are on come on down

just loged in,too late i guess. maybe ill catch you next time

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if there's anything more than drop a bomb and pray :D

OK all i am going to be starting the class in an hour at jason center

I missed it :(
could you please schedule the next class sooner?
Thanks

So the class was a good one and i would like to thank those that attended.

Overall it was informative and i was able to demonstrate certain traits of mining that are required to be efficient and effective.

We covered how to find your first deposit and then how to proceed from there. Iwas able to pop up about 6 claims from about 20 bombs but it was near jason Center and though its light on mobs it is also light on Ore but i have always taught my class there and didnt want to break with tradition. Also wanted to reduce the lag from the major cities.

There were alot of questions and a lot of talking overall. We very easily could have gone beyon 2 hours but i thought it best to leave each miner with an understanding of how to mine and at the end based on skill levels people shared with me i gave them a place to mine i htought where they could apply the principles i had taught and then report back to me in a week on how they did and what they learned.

For those of you who missed the class ill do another one next week hopefully. The hardest thing to do is to get everyone together at the same time. Lets shoot for 18:00 EU time Saturday.

If you were in the class please share some feedback. Otherwise ill see whom i can on Saturday.

Hi'
sorry i missed the first lesson but am ready for the next one which i belive is on for this saturday ( 24/07/2010 )18:00 MA time, but you dont mention where the meetup will be. I would like to know where so i dont miss this one please.

I like the idea, + rep for willing to share what you know.

What I would like to ask is - what do you consider a low and medium level miner?
See, I tried to make the mining quest in Gateway but I didn't finish it due to a bug. So now I'm an unlicensed miner and as NPC in Gateway said unlicensed mining causes anarchy... and if you agree to take me on a lesson, maybe I am less unlicensed :rolleyes:
Now honestly, I'd like to see the lesson some day and learn what others do and how. If you're ok with that drop me a line when you have your next lesson and I will be more then happy to join and learn.
I can do it this week or in 3 weeks time as I'm leaving for a short vacation soon. PM more than welcomed :)

Im very interested in what you have to say so maybe i could reccomend logging the public chat and then COPY PASTING the key points of your lessson onto the forum for all teh people that miss the class/cant come...

I know its better to be activly there and ask questions and see the action but such transcript of your class could benefit a lot of people (today and in the future) ...

If you want to consolidate it i can offer you hosting on one of my websites where you could also add screenshots etc ... If you dont know HTML i can take care of converting the text and images into a webpage for you ...

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

You know what IDO PM me maybe we could put together a webcast or something for my next class. Have an ongoing series, do some Q& A. I think there are a lot o people that would like to look at mining with some fresh eyes. Even if i cover most of what eveeryone already knows i am sure i can help to sort ones interest in taking it slow and changing things up a little.

Anyways i like the Idea of only haveing to do one clas a month or so rather than every week. It would also be nice to talk to more people than just 6-8 at a time. If anyone else can help make this a reality please let me know iwould be very interested in something official.

I spent several hours looking for you last weekend, where are you meeting? I thought it was at Jasons but cound not find you there or anywhere else.

Thanks in advance.

Just a quick shoutout to Winds for holding the class. I've learned some helpful things with his class...and pretty much realized how inefficient I've been. If you think you could use some mining tips, I definitely would recommend this class! :thumbup:

Btw, gratz to Winds on his 3000+ PED Hof yesterday! Now THAT'S how you do it!

Thanks for the feedback.. the class was basic in level.. but there is no better place to start...Honestly i have come to realize if i were to try to teach intermediate and advanced i would have to do 2 seperate classes or simplify the class i did.. I may do that so that way i can have time for more advanced Q/A

I should be good to go for 18:00 MA time this saturday barring any RL issues... meet in Jason Center.

Sorry all something came up at home i cant devote the time to a class today.

so when will the next class be?

What a shame but nevermind. Real Life comes first :) and i am ready for whenever you are Windswept.

Subscribing to thread.

Though I've been mining for years with a modicum of success, it never hurts to hear and see someone else's methods/techniques. I'm looking forward to attending your next class.:)

Old fart needs help

I am looking forward to learning how to mine properly.

I took 1.5 years away from game, am back now, hopefully with more intelligence.

I use the "drop, pray n cus" method, so even learning a little would be a big step up for me.

oh great cause i had forgotten all about it lol :p

Back