OLA #15
Mining Event
(January 2011)

ola-15_vu10_509320.jpg

PRIZES:*

300 Peds for the one who will post the highest quantity of Global/HoF
+
200 for the one who will post the largest Global/HoF

* One participant can win both prizes if he/she happen to reach all requirements.
** If two or more participants have the same quantity of Global and/or HoF at the end of the month, the one with the most cumulative value will win.
*** If two or more participants have the same value on the largest Global and/or HoF, the first that have been claimed will win.

RULES:

Only mining Globals are accepted.
Globals are valid only if inside the borders of OLA #15.
Screenshot must absolutely show Global message + time + position on the open Deed if not the entry will not be accepted.
Screenshots must be posted here maximum 24 hours after it happened.

DNA SETTINGS:

Minimum quantity and maturity.

MINING TAX:

4%

NOTES:

-If you're participant in this Event and if you see me anywhere, please add me in your FL to make the delivery of prizes much easier if you win.
-Sorry for the old school screenshot's Event but I'm not ready yet to pay 25K Peds for the "Tailored Chat Messages for Global / HoF".
-The winner will have until the next 15th day of the month to claim his prize or 50% of the prize will be added to the next month's prizes and the remainder will be lost.
-Everybody can participate (including me) and claim the prize(s).
-I can terminate the Event at the end of any month.
-DNA setting may change at any time. (not expected except if MA/FPC add the Trilomite in the missions)

Last edited:
LEADER(S):

Highest quantity____________Largest
___(for 300 Peds)________________(for 200 Peds)

Noodles NightOwl O'Shea______________Noodles NightOwl O'Shea

Last verified post: #46

Last edited:
I just might give it a try!

(just marking the tread to find easily) :)

Bump in hope for a faster start.

I'll give it a try.
Just how do I register to the event?

I'll give it a try.
Just how do I register to the event?

Find mining Globals and/or HoF on OLA #15, take screenshots with Global message + time + position on the open Deed and post it here within 24 hours.

That's all you have to do.

Nice to see this event is back on.
Let's see if i get lucky ;)

Well, 200 bombs and probes later with amp102 and here is the result:

:(

ok...
30 bombs and probs and not even one hit...
And I did a large area.

I don't get, never had such a thing.

getting things rollin'

63 pedder

Almost :)

First run went pretty bad, but on the second got a xii with oa-101..

I'll keep trying for sure :)

New run:

had to take 2 screenies to show everything since my tracker only works in windowed mode :S

Last edited:
:thumbup:
Thanx to both of you for the start.

had to take 2 screenies to show everything since my tracker only works in windowed mode :S

That's perfect. It's better to have 2 screenshots instead of missing info.

#2-53 pedder

Sounds interesting, Bernz.

By the way, what's the deadline for this event? Until 31st Jan 2011? :confused:

Sounds interesting, Bernz.

By the way, what's the deadline for this event? Until 31st Jan 2011? :confused:

That's it.
Until 31st Jan 2011 (23:59)

I will probably do it again in February. No promise.

Two more small ones (#3 and #4)

Had my first loot lag double global today, hence the gap between the global message and the timestamp. Unfortunately, only the first one was in OLA 15.

I was curious if you'd get two trumpets on a double global...indeed you do :yay:

Had my first loot lag double global today, hence the gap between the global message and the timestamp. Unfortunately, only the first one was in OLA 15.

I was curious if you'd get two trumpets on a double global...indeed you do :yay:

:laugh:
This must have been a surprise indeed.

Hi Noodles

Can you please explain the loot lag to me? How long was the lag? What would have happened if you'd logged out or changed to a weapon in the meantime?

Hi Noodles

Can you please explain the loot lag to me? How long was the lag? What would have happened if you'd logged out or changed to a weapon in the meantime?

The lag was a minute or two. I don't know what would happen with logging out. Switching to a weapon doesn't interrupt the looting mechanism; you can still get a claim while holding/shooting a weapon. Or while dropping more bombs, obviously.

If you want some good loot lag, play around on TI...it seems to have more lag than other servers.

PS: Bernz, could you ask FPC to expand the borders of OLA 15 by about 5 meters? I'd have three more points :laugh:

Thanks for the answer. Experienced significant loot lag in the ambu event last night, so understand it better now.

Grats on the niks global, Noodles :)

Back