Mining Event.. Rare Prize

Teilk

Rogue Banker
Society
Fat Rats
This event will begin Friday, August 11th @ 00:00 MA time, and end on Friday, August 25th @ 00:00 MA time.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The Contest:
This mining competition will span over 5 land areas teeming with minerals, for a two week period. Global and Hall of Fame entries will count towards your running total. The miner with the highest running total at the end of the two weeks wins the finder. To keep the spirit of competition alive, entries of 500 ped and higher will be counted as 500 ped. Taxes on these lands will be set at a very low 4.7% for the duration of the competition. Shopkeepers will be placed at the sheds on all lands, with a ready supply of bombs and OA-103's for 184 ped each.

The Lands:

Ambu land: Great selection for all calibers of miners. Ranging from Easy to find lysterium and oil to higher end such as terrudite and dunkel

Longu Land: Easy to find minerals for all skill levels of miners

Opalo Lands (2): Very diverse selection of ores and enmatters, low to high level

Kingfisher Land: Tons of mid level minerals. Cumbriz, lytarian, angelic, caldorite and niksarium to name a few.
AkozLand_692851.gif

The Prize:
An OF-212 :drool: . This is a very rare, and highly desired ore finder. It has a deeper search pattern than any non-limited mining tool. Decay is the best out of anything even remotely approaching its search capacity.

Rules:
Due to the fact that there are two competitions on the same land, an entry may ONLY be used for 1 of the competitions (this one or the adjusted fap competition). If it is found that the same entry has been posted to both competitions, you will be disqualified from both.
This is a mining only event. Please do not submit hunting globals.
Screenshots must be posted here within 24 hours of taking them.
Screenshots must be taken with time, date and position (press "c" and "p" before taking picture), Screenshots must contain the claim rod, global message, and a view of the surrounding terrain (3rd person view)

Good luck, and may the best miner win!

Last edited:
Sounds fun thanks :D

This may be picky... but since its an (L) item, can you let us know the tt of the of-212?

CareBear said:
Sounds fun thanks :D

This may be picky... but since its an (L) item, can you let us know the tt of the of-212?

TT is 155.20. Due to the rarity of this item, markup is extremely variable (if you can find one). Decay is 1 pec per drop. There might be a small fraction over the 1 pec, I have never broken it down. Deepest find I have ever had with one is 1000m, which is as deep as anyone has ever reported.

Telik said:
This event will begin Friday, August 11th @ 00:00 MA time
Does the event start at 00:00:01 August 11th or does it start at 00:00:01 August 12th? ;)

Telik said:
Screenshots must be taken with time, date and position (press "c" and "p" before taking picture), Screenshots must contain the claim rod, and a view of the surrounding terrain (3rd person view)

How about the global-msg? :dunno:

Konve said:
Does the event start at 00:00:01 August 11th or does it start at 00:00:01 August 12th? ;)

Well, August 12th is a Saturday ;) . It begins at 00:00:01 on the 11th.

And ty for pointing out the missing part about the global message. Its in there now :) .

All land areas now have a shopkeepers with oreamps and bombs in it. I will do what I can to keep them filled!

Bombs are at 102% and oreamp 103s at 184 ped each.

As of now I dont have a SK for the kingfisher land, but I will do what I can to get that sorted tomorrow. :)

3hours 50 minutes until it starts.

Let the festivities begin :D

May the hof be with you all.

I would like to point out that for the next few days, the hunter/miners have the best of both worlds. Kill a mob and global while defending your other global, and enter the mob global into the adj fap competition :).

Last edited:
cool you used my only global as of yet in your picture :D
and i think i will try ^^
altough it might be hard getting lots of globals... :)
but i just wanna win that sweet finder :eek:

Entry #1 :dunce:

114 Ped Cumbriz

Last edited:
Ok, cool event and all, being a miner mostly myself, but it is no fun having to spend 100ped ammo for each 25 bombs, shooting small annoying critters that you have absolutely no interest in as a miner.

How about decreasing the mob density in some of the areas, maybe those that arent visited much in the adj fap competition ?

Hmm. Well a good point there. Mostly only concerns the opalo lands.
The ambu/longu areas I can't change as the majority of the visitors are there for the mobs.
On the kingfisher land I have exterminated all other mobs than the KF so mining now should be a lot easier. I also unlocked the denisty of the KF for this competition so as long as you can kill the occational KF it should be ok.
I will take a look at the opalo land and see if I can unlock some of the exa density at least.

Sounds good, and yes, Opalo land is a pain, tons of, for me, useless mobs. ;)

Entry #2 :dunce:

94 Ped Gazzurdite

Last edited:
yes indeed, i went to those exa lands today and it was a pain to mine there
you cant walk there or you have to blast through a large wall of exas....

pls lower density :)

Entry #3 :dunce:

84 Ped Cumbriz

Entry #4 :dunce:

135 Ped Belkar

Go MB! You definitely deserve it.

:clap: :beerchug: :clap: :cheer: :clap:

Wow, are you guys just gonna let MB win this thing? First day and there are 427 points posted, and they all belong to MB. One little HOF takes him down a notch. ;)

Good work MB

i droped a probe in the LA but the claim was outside the LA, does that count - if so - i will post here

Sorry, but all claims must be inside the land area's specified.

I will get some time to join ur event next week:) gonna be fun

65ped kane

65 ped of kanerium to start me off

Skate

Ill be joining from tomorrow... =) i think lol. Time to work on my skills again :)

2 more

a couple more from earlier for me, takes me i assume to 191 points.

Skate

oh and im guessing you were moaning about this kind of thing happening mindbuster while out mining when you/i have no ammo :D

1 more from today

now on 255, slowly catching up to the leader :)

Skate

#1 :)

132 Ped Cumbriz

#2 :D

139 Ped Blausarium

Sub Total:

271 Points

Im coming for you MB! :D

1) 50 peds Spaceship (kf land)

2) 138 Gazz (Opalo Land 2)

Hey Teilk Spaceship count right?

Garco

Garco said:
1) 50 peds Spaceship (kf land)

2) 138 Gazz (Opalo Land 2)

Hey Teilk Spaceship count right?

Garco
It does indeed. a mining global is a mining global as far as I am concerned.

Entry #5 :dunce:

145 Ped Durulium

Entry #6 :dunce:

50 Ped Robot Ship

3) 50 Peds Spaceship (Opalo land 2)

Back