Mining Finders & Excavators in the Daily Token NPC

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

Could we get a bunch of Finders & Excavators in the Daily Token NPC similarly to how we have for Rifles and Pistols that have a nice level progression?

Maybe add some further Daily Mining tasks?

Could we get a bunch of Finders & Excavators in the Daily Token NPC similarly to how we have for Rifles and Pistols that have a nice level progression?

Maybe add some further Daily Mining tasks?
There are finders if I rememeber good.

And for me its more important that mining skills mather, rather than have new finders.

There's 3 preamped finders in there already. And why the hell would you want excavators, just buy one from the trade terminal.

And for me its more important that mining skills mather, rather than have new finders.
Mining skills do matter. You get access to more depth with Finders of higher prof requirement. Depth gives you access to better CHANCE at rare and typically more lucrative mining finds. The idea is to be matching Finder avg depth to Resource avg depth for better chance at finding.

New Finders with level progressions in the token trader allow folks to work their down the depths.

There's 3 preamped finders in there already. And why the hell would you want excavators, just buy one from the trade terminal.

Excavators with better stats as you level up. What's wrong with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mining skills do matter. You get access to more depth with Finders of higher prof requirement. Depth gives you access to better CHANCE at rare and typically more lucrative mining finds. The idea is to be matching Finder avg depth to Resource avg depth for better chance at finding.

New Finders with level progressions in the token trader allow folks to work their down the depths.

Excavators with better stats as you level up. What's wrong with this?
Well, seems I am playing wrong game. After maxing terra master 8 finder you do not have any other finder to max(except those preamped like roctec cougr but they have low depth).
Also, what I am saying, there is no impact of finders on mining as there is impact of efficiency on weapon for hunting. Second point, since I am around lvl 80 on prospecting there is nothing above for me to use of finders or excavators like you have lvl 100 or lvl 120 weapoans, so skills are useless after e.g. lvl 60.
Anyhow, skills on mining (no mather is it prospecting,surveying, calypso ground assesment etc) should have more impact in my opinion.

Well, seems I am playing wrong game. After maxing terra master 8 finder you do not have any other finder to max(except those preamped like roctec cougr but they have low depth).
Also, what I am saying, there is no impact of finders on mining as there is impact of efficiency on weapon for hunting. Second point, since I am around lvl 80 on prospecting there is nothing above for me to use of finders or excavators like you have lvl 100 or lvl 120 weapoans, so skills are useless after e.g. lvl 60.
Anyhow, skills on mining (no mather is it prospecting,surveying, calypso ground assesment etc) should have more impact in my opinion.
I'm asking for just that... More Finders with level progression (just like the rifles/pistols in trader) but I do see your point, depth kind of maxes out at ~1000m. It seems they would then need to readjust the depths of resources if they started to go beyond 1000m avg and stretch out the prof level of Finders to lvl 100.

The problem this creates is that blueprints that need say redulite or something that typically requires max depth to have best chances to find would mean those BPs that use it then are even moreso limited in the resources supply they would have available as there aren't a ton of lvl 80-100 prospectors out there to be sourcing it at what would be the new max depth. We'd need more resources added to the list or a complete revamp of the resource and depth distribution but then you're basically hurting those who grinded mining to high levels before the change. Blueprints could be reworked at the same time but then you're messing with a lot of things and there's a fuck ton of work involved in that... Damn they kind of cornered themselves with the spaghetti code and depth/resource/blueprint relationship. It's almost like they weren't thinking long term when they designed these systems...

I guess a question would be what scenario doesn't hurt the current as much but helps the future more? Are we willing to accept some pain now in changing things to help the overall health and future of the game?

I suppose the token trader Finders could run on the same level progression as the rifles/pistols so to level 100 having the depth match at like 10m every level to lvl 100 for max depth remaining at 1000m. This keeps it the same way as is now and gives higher level folks items to skill with (skills have PED value thus farming skills is something you can do in game) while still having other Finders out there. I still think it's an idea that would help new players find an easy way to progress and stay engaged in mining to see the item availability as they can with rifle/pistols.

I'm asking for just that... More Finders with level progression (just like the rifles/pistols in trader) but I do see your point, depth kind of maxes out at ~1000m. It seems they would then need to readjust the depths of resources if they started to go beyond 1000m avg and stretch out the prof level of Finders to lvl 100.

The problem this creates is that blueprints that need say redulite or something that typically requires max depth to have best chances to find would mean those BPs that use it then are even moreso limited in the resources supply they would have available as there aren't a ton of lvl 80-100 prospectors out there to be sourcing it at what would be the new max depth. We'd need more resources added to the list or a complete revamp of the resource and depth distribution but then you're basically hurting those who grinded mining to high levels before the change. Blueprints could be reworked at the same time but then you're messing with a lot of things and there's a fuck ton of work involved in that... Damn they kind of cornered themselves with the spaghetti code and depth/resource/blueprint relationship. It's almost like they weren't thinking long term when they designed these systems...

I guess a question would be what scenario doesn't hurt the current as much but helps the future more? Are we willing to accept some pain now in changing things to help the overall health and future of the game?

I suppose the token trader Finders could run on the same level progression as the rifles/pistols so to level 100 having the depth match at like 10m every level to lvl 100 for max depth remaining at 1000m. This keeps it the same way as is now and gives higher level folks items to skill with (skills have PED value thus farming skills is something you can do in game) while still having other Finders out there. I still think it's an idea that would help new players find an easy way to progress and stay engaged in mining to see the item availability as they can with rifle/pistols.
Problem is wave. Even if you use finder with 1k depth and if its not wave you would not find any redulite. Whole paradigm of mining is needed to be changed. How? I honestly dont know. I am here to spend money not to invent 😁😁😁. Anyhow idea of new finders is not bad but preconditions should be made.

Back