Mining for Murderers May - Double your hofs!

Scoreboard updated

Almost Done

II Frig #3

II Frig #4

II Frig #5

II Lanorium #4

XIII #1

still can't get that last II but here's

VII Dianium number 3
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

scoreboard updated.
not many days left now.

here a few more but will not be able to finish. No luck lattly.

Worst Hof Ever

So my frustration is complete. Here is my story

I hate mining unamped, but it's the only way to get the II's. I've dropped several hundred to low 1000's of bombs in the last 3 days trying to get that last II or a hof, alternating with unamped and amped 103 runs. Today, I get my last VIII blau leaving only one II of lanorium to complete the card, but I've been gutshot by global free amped runs.

VIII Blau number 5

Shortly after I'm pulled away by family for a few hours, I come back and since I'm now just the II lanorium away from the card, the amps come off and I'm finishing the run unamped to try for the II. You know what happens next.

non scoring 248 ped FRIG HOF

Had I left the 103's on it would have been a 744 ped scoring HOF :(

Several tiny II blau and frig over the last few days, not a single II lanorium but many lanorium hits.

Of course we all know why people complain on the forums about their "luck"

II lanorium #5

FIN!

I'm not using my own computer this weekend so I don't have acces to the event .psd files.
I'll update the scoreboard at midnight tomorrow.

Final Score updated, congratulations to the winners.

I will announce the next event about a week before start, I'm rather busy irl this month though so I may skip June completely and start a new one in July instead.
I've gotten some very good suggestions in PM on how to improve the event. It's not good for anyone if the area is completely over mined the first week because people have no other choice but to drop a thousand bombs per day there if they want to win.

I will divide it in three ten day periods with a limit on how many points can be made from a certain mineral in a time period. Let's say for example that the scoring claims for day 1-10 are

II frig, lano, blau
IV frig, lano, blau
V dia

Then you get 5 points for the first find of II frig f.e, then 4, then 3, then 2, and then 1 point per find for a maximum of 5 additional finds per claim type.
Zanderium finds give 1 point per claim throughout the event. Out of the ordinaries give 5 points, globals give 5 points, but only one global per day will count towards score (to give unamped miners a sporting chance).
These are just examples and not the final balancing, feel free to give me suggestions on how to make it as good as possible.

The 10 day periods will be divided in small, medium and large so that different types of miners will spend most of their time in one slot. Hopefully this will stop the over mining problem the first week.

Back