Mining in VU 7.4

The Whitey

Hatchling
As a i see Mining as my main Profession, althrou i have more Skills in Hunting :) because most of my fields where in Mob infested Areas, after 7.4 the things got so damm Worse, hell yesterday i got online on a Claim i found some houres befor e and ... Badabing ... 20+ Mobs staying on Radar :/ As anyone could imaging i was unable to get my resources extracted ...

So is it just me or is this VU mhh how to say, about to drive Resource Prices in the Sky because almost every Miner had the same Problem ?

no it dont drive prices up because crafting is fucked I heard...

I dont know why people whine on mining,all my socmates who mine get good amounts of ore on for instance amethera (maybe because of LA9 cuz thats where they are ;) )

am i paranoid or have MA helped miners alot?

CL Wrote:
Also, we are investigating the creature density in some areas, mainly those that are mineral rich, to allow for dedicated mining operation without the need of being armed to the teeth.

Does that mean if you find mobs, but mob count is so small that area is mineral rich? or im just paranoid? :laugh:

There is a definite relationship between mobs and mining sites as they are both classed as "resources" in game terms. I have even seen mobs spawn in a very special formation, just like mining sites do. I am still busy updating to 7.4 and can't comment any further on the placement of mining sites at this time :p

If creatures and ore has any correlation is this VU I would be a trillionare in peds....instead i just have dented armor ;)

Mining is not as fun as it used to be, that's for sure. :(

Marco posted this on the EP forum :

The suggestions will be taken into consideration, for sure. One of the upcoming changes to mobs btw, will be that they have a much lesser degree of aggression, meaning they will not initiate combat. Various creatures will behave differently, based on their inherent aggression.

I will check if the rader range can be made optional based on target system, but that is in no way a promise.

Lowering mob aggression sounds like a great idea to me! Hunters can still hunt and miners can still mine, problem solved! :thumbup:

The radar option sounds fine, but I have my doubts about MA implementing a feature that they know will cause lag (and complaints).

Well, no point in wasting peds on 7.4 when theres a fix around the corner. Wake me when 7.5 gets here ok?

:zzz:

Darkaner said:
Lowering mob aggression sounds like a great idea to me! Hunters can still hunt and miners can still mine, problem solved! :thumbup:

that plain dunb way.
agression must go with mobs type like atrox try kill evrything and armax ( herbivore) just try kill if you start hit them.
but first problem is not mobs behavior but mobs density.
the mobs map is actually a plain dumb system.
we need spot with lots mobs and big respawn to hunt , and we need the rest of the map got only som 'lost way' mobs here and there.
so strange the whole game i had play since ... ( cant count to big number) works like that.
but as usual MA are better than other ....
until vu 7.4 it was som mobs here and there , only som specific spot was not bad ... you can count them with fingueur... then sudently there is so mutch mobs you can not move from 1 metter without need kill 50...
i dont understand to reduce radar saying to save lag , and increase the lost way mob by 500/M² plain dunb solution for player... i see only 1 things in that
" hey stopid player , buy big armor and pay decay"...

yes mining is bad in 7.4
i can kill all the stuff attacking me while mining but i waste tons of ammo on crap loots.
its not mining the way it currently works its hunting but with bombs.
finds seems to be bigger tho (atleast counting the 4?! rich hofs),
doesnt do much good since crafting is bad and ore prices drops :p

id prolly say mining is worse now than ever (not counting the old bomb bugs)atleast counting post-gold time.

if i want to mine i want to mine, if i want to hunt i want to hunt:p

mining isnt that bad at all. what you need it some luck, that noone else have mined where you are going to mine. So far some times i dont find nothing but for example yesterday i find 3 greats and 1 significant.

its not the finds that are bad its the creatures that you have to shoot instead of mining

I find the fact that mobs are camping mining sites most disturbing, time to leave PE for a few months I think. Sorry MA but it's getting really silly now having to be a hunter/miner. Oh and the magic number spiral is GONE. Farewell number spiral you will be missed <sniff>. :dunce:

Back