Mining is a Dead Profession

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
I'd like to propose we just completely remove the mining profession at this point.

There's been zero development on mining since 2018 and it doesn't appear as though MA wishes to change/improve/rebalance things anytime soon. can we just axe it and move on?

edit: people are taking this way too literally. it's sarcasm. have you seen the hof boards? even lyst is 106-107%. jfc you guys are dense.

Last edited:
The massive tower I got yesterday:

tenor.gif

But like...if this is just a way to call out that there hasn't been any work on mining in a while and maybe there should be, I'm all for it.

I'd like to propose we just completely remove the mining profession at this point.

There's been zero development on mining since 2018 and it doesn't appear as though MA wishes to change/improve/rebalance things anytime soon. can we just axe it and move on?

Oh my, you'd be taking away the daily activity of quite a few. That would seem a bit harsh to do.

Somehow some people just seem to like it....although I never quite understood why.
But, each his own I would say.

Mining is dead. At the same time buying UL 2 or 3 amp. 😀 🤔 I do agree mining needs some major love.

lyst at 107, narc at 112% pyrite 150%

what do you want more ? XD

Edit : Narc was 112 in weekend back to 107 atm :D

Ming had been the same since forever
What changes would we like to see?
Auto carpet bomb given cords 10-20 seconds apart like crafting auto click?

Mining equipment like diggers and trucks? :D

Ming had been the same since forever
What changes would we like to see?
Auto carpet bomb given cords 10-20 seconds apart like crafting auto click?

Mining equipment like diggers and trucks? :D
n
ne
new
new r
new re
new res
new reso
new resou
new resour
new resourc
new resource
new resources and tools and some ore distribution rebalancing/changes on a regular basis to keep it interesting.

Agree with all except new resources. There is enough current ones just do good distribution. Also events are needed.

n
ne
new
new r
new re
new res
new reso
new resou
new resour
new resourc
new resource
new resources and tools and some ore distribution rebalancing/changes on a regular basis to keep it interesting.
imagine a "Loot 2.0" release in mining. Im sure a ressurection of mining would happen. mining needs something like "ep4". but they dont really care about mining which doesnt make the decay they need. wont see it.

Mining was and still be the profession where my average MU is higher.

Maybe try to leave Calypso for a change???

D

100% agree. Caly is where mining is dead. Go to Ark or other planets and ull see mining is very much alive.
Ark is the only planet anyone should be mining on. Period.

like it’s seriously not even close.
If you want indoors you do monria if you want planetside you do ark.

Jokes aside, I just wanted to bring attention to the only part of EU that’s received less content updates than space.
Since JBK had to wait 9 years for a space update, miners have 6 years to go. 🤝

I'm following the OP's point in that it's just so neglected. I think about that all the time when you dig up 20-25 TT of one specific material to get ONE daily token. I kill 20 Feffoid in a dedicated instance and get 2 tokens never mind the 3 other daily hunting ... for one example.
There have been some crafting events - lame as they are, but there has been lots of new items to craft.

Mining MU aside.. that's not the issue. The excitement in mining just isn't there and the encouragement by MA is right along with it. I stopped mining after loot 2.0 or there about - it seemed impossible to get big loots w/o heavy gambling. Sure that makes it exciting, and the changes made it more stable... but stable gathering for flat mu - might as well fruit walk...

It is much easier to become a level 100 miner/crafter through a hunting profession than if you develop them like main professions. The game is fundamentally broken and need rework.

--Mining:
1. Fill in the gaps with new gear of all levels with varying Depth capabilities
It appears that the original intention with mining Finders was that the deeper it can go, the more desirable it will be. From this we can draw a parallel to the new 'Efficency' parameter for hunting weapons. If this is to continue to be the case, there should be gear made available for all levels with varying depth capability (desirability). The deeper the Finder can go, the more expensive it should be. Of course, this may require further balancing of the mining profession and shouldn't be done without also doing #2, #3 and #4 below.

2. (Re)balance the mining profession by making the Prospector and Surveyor skills more relevant
We can draw another parallel here with the hunting profession, between the Prospector/Surveyor skills and the new Looter skills for hunting. I believe the intent of these new Looter skills is to bring increased stability to a hunter's returns over time the higher his skills become. The same thing should be the case for miners and the only way I can see to make that happen is to make his Prospector/Surveyor skills play an important role in determining the rate at which the miner will be able to find rare ores and enmatters. The higher the skill, the more rares he or she is able to find per claim, or some similar mechanism. Lower level miners would still be able to find these rare resources but at a much reduced rate.

3. Rebalance depths of finds
If #1 and #2 is done, then it may be necessary to rebalance the depths of various resources for it all to make sense.

4. Give Miners a reason to level above 60
Afaik, there currently is no advantage to mining beyond level 60. A level 100 and a level 65 would pretty much be on equal footing. This needs to change. It may be that new gear will need to be designed and released, but there should also be aspects of the mining profession that are only available to professional miners of high level to make the skilling worthwhile. Just like in hunting there are mobs that a level 20 would just not be able to kill, there should be something in the mining profession that only high level miners can do.

5. Upgrade missions for mining gear
Give miners better tools and goals to work towards. Use these to give miners a reason to grind.

6. Mining rings/pills
Find other ways to give more dimensions to the mining profession.

Id like to see a more drops of the ziplex p finders you get in mining strong boxes.
They are a lot of fun. Comparable if not better than ep4

Back