Mining Mania!

Economy

I love how everytime there is an event someone says "ma is wrecking the economy!". It's a 3 day event... the sky isnt falling. Same with the LT stress test, someone says "What is MA doing? Trying to crash evade skill prices?". It was a 1 day test... :rolleyes:

I love how everytime there is an event someone says "ma is wrecking the economy!". It's a 3 day event... the sky isnt falling. Same with the LT stress test, someone says "What is MA doing? Trying to crash evade skill prices?". It was a 1 day test... :rolleyes:

Darling, MA wrecked "economy" already, before that event.

And yes, sky isn't falling, and they will never fell, because MA using Human Stupidity as resource.

Einstein stated that amount of human stupidity is infinite.

All is fine, enjoy.

The Evade thingt refered to the big amount of events with big AoE mobs most likely. Not the one day event exclusively.

Mining has been incredibly boring lately, so I'm all for anything that would spice it up in this way or another. But the timing and the nature of this event makes me wonder about the plans MA has for this profession in EU.

All common ores in that list are currently below 110%, some are below 105%. Out of the list there are very few that are in the 115-150% range and supply of rares is very limited, making you wonder if going deeper is even worth it at times. There are no exciting items to look forward to in mining loot. This is already a pretty sad state of affairs.

And it's really great that players willing to gamble big will get a chance to win big, I mean it. But what will the remaining 90% of miners do? Stop and watch or TT ores to make peds for another run? Sounds like this event will entertain few and will deliver a blow to everyone else even if they wanted to do nothing with this event.

So is this some lazy planning or is this how MA sees this game and mining in particular now? I'd like to think it's the former but... :dunno:

Mining has been incredibly boring lately, so I'm all for anything that would spice it up in this way or another. But the timing and the nature of this event makes me wonder about the plans MA has for this profession in EU.

All common ores in that list are currently below 110%, some are below 105%. Out of the list there are very few that are in the 115-150% range and supply of rares is very limited, making you wonder if going deeper is even worth it at times. There are no exciting items to look forward to in mining loot. This is already a pretty sad state of affairs.

And it's really great that players willing to gamble big will get a chance to win big, I mean it. But what will the remaining 90% of miners do? Stop and watch or TT ores to make peds for another run? Sounds like this event will entertain few and will deliver a blow to everyone else even if they wanted to do nothing with this event.

So is this some lazy planning or is this how MA sees this game and mining in particular now? I'd like to think it's the former but... :dunno:

Explosives = tons of residue = cheap amps = more ores/enamatters. The problem, is that explosives doesn't use any ores or enmatters, so now there's a huge cheap supply but no increase in demand.

The ammount of minerals found over this 3 days will damage massively mining profession...

Explosives = tons of residue = cheap amps = more ores/enamatters. The problem, is that explosives doesn't use any ores or enmatters, so now there's a huge cheap supply but no increase in demand.
Crafting was never my thing in this game but I do believe crafters deserved some 'TT in' activity for skilling since the other professions have theirs. The level of turnover possible with those BPs is definitely over the top though and low demand for some ores has been an issue long before explosives were even introduced. The reasons of this low MU situation are hardly a mystery but that's a separate issue. What makes me wonder is MA giving MU this final blow with such an event at the moment MU is already at the lowest even compared to few previous weeks.

The ammount of minerals found over this 3 days will damage massively mining profession...

It already is damaged O_O

Indeed its just final hit

Good luck but i going skip this

Btw; Did GR crash everything!? :rolleyes:

Not everything but most Arkadia-specific minerals, plus terrudite. Some other universe-wide minerals suffered as well but it's hard to attribute as most were on downtrend anyway.

Reminds me of a 90ies Russian joke where TV news anchor says:

"And now some good news... acceleration rate of the economic meltdown appears to be stabilizing!"

Btw; Did GR crash everything!? :rolleyes:

You didn't remember?

Oh, that was brilliant one. There was a couple of good MUs (Lidacon and Terrudite) before, rest was half-shit. Before was nicely stated by Ark staff:

"YAY. There will be demand for resources in craft. Because of upcoming hunt event. (Ark keys) Happy. Joy. Joy. Happy. Rainbow."

And well, really, - idea was good. And ARK staff (tho I think it was MA) putted Lidacon also in Underground. Sure, because there should be Demand, yes.

First couple of days all was fine - Terru and Lidacon was kept their markups by inertia.

Then hordes of idiots found those resources. There was one some special idiots, who was undercutting at AH not by just listing cheaper than anyone, but they did 125% if there was 130% lower. Like it would help, hehe. Yes, it was help: in no time all was downfucked below 120% and even lower,but - well, no problemo - hunting event ahead, there will be demand! Just need hangon and wait a bit.

Hunting event began, MU started to rise and...

WOW. Suddenly, people realised that TT of the keys isn't included in loot in instances! MindArk fucked up instances right before event.

And this was staying for WHOLE GR EVENT like that. Silence. By the way - GR event was for a month.

Then Mindark silently started to compensate TT of the keys to everyone. No apologies, no statement, nothing. Some people was down for 50k+ that time.

Somehow now I think that this "GR" was preliminary TEST event, and real purpose was - to test amount of idiots, how they will act, and will be there enough to mine TT food.

Seems results of test was very exciting for MA - because in current event they even don't promising some "demand".

Of course, - who the fuck need this stupid shit?

Do you have more questions?

Then Mindark silently started to compensate TT of the keys to everyone. No apologies, no statement, nothing. Some people was down for 50k+ that time.

Here is an official apology from David. It has been on the front page of Arkadia forums, as well as the log in screen when you are on Planet Arkadia, since it was released on 2/20/15.

It is entitled "Humble Pie," and starts off by saying: "Firstly, my apologies..."

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/hum...ing-division-2014-–-official-statement.11829/

Here is an official apology from David. It has been on the front page of Arkadia forums, as well as the log in screen when you are on Planet Arkadia, since it was released on 2/20/15.

It is entitled "Humble Pie," and starts off by saying: "Firstly, my apologies..."

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/hum...ing-division-2014-–-official-statement.11829/

1. It's not David's fault, and it's not HE, who need to apology, instead - that fucking smiling face from asian TV should, who barely can connect two words about EU except "gods, investment and players confidence"

2. I wasn't compensated of course, and I not expecting any compensation - tho it was clearly MA fault of that fuckup. I know what I did, and I know that game.

What about those newbies, who was entering that low-level instances, for example? 5 PED decay, some 4 PED loot - and 20 (!!!) PED key TT - to the void?

And this for WHOLE FUCKING MONTH. And it wasn't closed, stopped, etc - fucking why?

An event for everyone.

Everyone has a chance of hitting a 150 ped mining global (maybe with a low level amp to improve their chances) [8 prizes]

And for those who want to go for the grand prize, experienced miners & gamblers theres a big big prize. [1 prize]

No need for uber equipment or 200+ HP, and the ever present chance of hitting that...

:tower:

An event for everyone.

Everyone has a chance of hitting a 150 ped mining global (maybe with a low level amp to improve their chances) [8 prizes]

And for those who want to go for the grand prize, experienced miners & gamblers theres a big big prize. [1 prize]

No need for uber equipment or 200+ HP, and the ever present chance of hitting that...

:tower:

If I'm not mistaken... a lvl 12/13 amp hit on foma will amount to roughly 150 ped.. 150 for higher hit of lvl 12, and mid-hit of lvl 13...

5-6 amps and a day on foma and you can ~150 ped on each resource.

Yes, those that take the risk spend the money get the reward.

Why is that bad.

Better than an unamped noob getting it.

This is what will happen: Either Lilliane with one of his Noob alts, or another Uber that made a ton of alts, or an MA ava... however...

There were noob ava´s that got 3 Towers in 2 Weeks using a few L10 - 13 amps at foma... and there were regular miners that turned several 100 K ped on regular amps without even getting a 4-digit loot...

This is a crap event, and i hope ist not the beginning of a wave of UL mining amps. After MU of Faps, guns, Residue,(L)amps and armor got crashed, this might be the next logic step. :mad:

I would just like to say, i have been mining for 10 years, i mine for profit, i don't think many people mine for fun.

Anyways with markups now, i have stopped all mining, and i find it hilarious that this is the first mining event to happen in bloody years and i wont be participating...doh.

Anyways, i wish everyone luck, while i try to find new adventures in PE!

Rgds

Ace

I considered going back to mining just for a shot at the lvl 7 UL. Unfortunately, after my short 500 PED test run returned about 50%, I have decided not to participate. :wise:

cool to see some thing for miner! hope to see more like this :)

what amazes me is this.

Miner have been complaining about no events.

Miners get event.

Miner complain this will generate alot of resources, thus lowering MU.

*duh*

In Biodome #5 it is possible to find 4 of the listed ores/enmatters for the event, that are the 90% of the type of resources possible to find:

Alicenies
Crude Oil
Lysterium Stone
Caldorite Stone

Don't waste time dropping bombs to get useless resources :)

Good luck to the partecipants :wtg:

what amazes me is this.

Miner have been complaining about no events.

Miners get event.

Miner complain this will generate alot of resources, thus lowering MU.

*duh*

Mining event is a good thing, but reasons behind negativity are deeper i think.

Expl ammo bp's slowed down demand for resources, as gambler crafters moved from amps or whatever to 20 ped instaclick from tt. So before gambler crafters would buy up resources for amps etc, now they just tt-craft-tt-craft.... ad infinitum. Residue crash meant players who crafted components slowed also, without mu on residue no longer viable for many - if need residue again go insta-clk expl bp's.

Demand on lots of mats have slowed on auction, incuding oils etc - less need to craft those components, less need to buy resources.

So having a mining event (increasing supply), at a time when demand is at a low and mined resource mark ups at lowest i ever seen does seem a bit silly tbh.

Not a big issue for me, but i can see why people are bitching some.

Last edited:
Bought 11 L13 amps.

Hmmm to mine, or not to mine?

Second thoughts...

Back