Help: Mining Nerfed?

I think if you get 10-20 nrf in a row, switch finders or stop. It prob means that area is just not paying for the finder you are using for that moment.

Not correct. Now listen to someone who mined a lot and knows a lot (except on how to find a bloody tower:silly2:).

We all had huge nrf series. I had once 1400 bombs on CND without anything bigger then X and a return of 30% after markup with many 40-60 nrf runs in between. I had 50-70 nrf runs on the planet using different amps. What was in comon for all the runs is that mining sucked for all my soc buddies as well at the same time. When I hit a 15-20 nrf period I tend to bitch in soc chat a lot, and every time I get "ah same here, 2 finds 30 bombs" or something similar. So it is not about where or with what you mine it is WHEN you mine.

Let me repeat that: WHEN you mine is all that matters. What I started doing is making a small break after series of nrfs. You can usually monitor global chat to see how many globals are flashing by. I never had a bad run when hofs and globals were running trough fast. And I rarely had a profitable run when there was a global every 2-3 minutes only.

I presume that in those perios EU is "accumulating" profits and filling up loot pool. We all know that there are periods of huge hofs and towers for about a day or two and then drought for days again. This is how EU works now. The trouble is that if all of us stop mining during bad returns loot pool would take longer period of time to fill up. In EU there always must be loosers to have few winners.

This is my opinion only. I do get a lot of confirmation on this theory daily but it still does not help me score big even after years of mining. I have seen same cycles in crafting and hunting as well (having utterly crap runs after someone scored ATH in last 24h for example).

So when you get that 20 nrf run and just can't let go becouse "it must start giving now" I suggest stoping for a minute, getting a drink and monitoring global chat carefully. When you see more then 5 globals flash by at the same time you can start mining again I would say.;)

Not correct. Now listen to someone who mined a lot and knows a lot (except on how to find a bloody tower:silly2:).

We all had huge nrf series. I had once 1400 bombs on CND without anything bigger then X and a return of 30% after markup with many 40-60 nrf runs in between. I had 50-70 nrf runs on the planet using different amps. What was in comon for all the runs is that mining sucked for all my soc buddies as well at the same time. When I hit a 15-20 nrf period I tend to bitch in soc chat a lot, and every time I get "ah same here, 2 finds 30 bombs" or something similar. So it is not about where or with what you mine it is WHEN you mine.

Let me repeat that: WHEN you mine is all that matters. What I started doing is making a small break after series of nrfs. You can usually monitor global chat to see how many globals are flashing by. I never had a bad run when hofs and globals were running trough fast. And I rarely had a profitable run when there was a global every 2-3 minutes only.

I presume that in those perios EU is "accumulating" profits and filling up loot pool. We all know that there are periods of huge hofs and towers for about a day or two and then drought for days again. This is how EU works now. The trouble is that if all of us stop mining during bad returns loot pool would take longer period of time to fill up. In EU there always must be loosers to have few winners.

This is my opinion only. I do get a lot of confirmation on this theory daily but it still does not help me score big even after years of mining. I have seen same cycles in crafting and hunting as well (having utterly crap runs after someone scored ATH in last 24h for example).

So when you get that 20 nrf run and just can't let go becouse "it must start giving now" I suggest stoping for a minute, getting a drink and monitoring global chat carefully. When you see more then 5 globals flash by at the same time you can start mining again I would say.;)

ur right about that too.. i once was monitoring the global chat and it was really dry.. like global per 5min.. and i had 20 nrf streak.. so i stopped and went to read some forum for awhile then when checked again some globals scrolling thru so i continued and dropped maybe 3 bombs and hit a hof

but ive still seen a 1.5h without a single mining global.. to anyone.. there was 2 spacecraft in the HOF list and the other one had been there for 1.5h

well it did take maybe 15min when i noticed that and then someone hit a 20k uber

aaah....

nerf002.jpg

Anyone else been getting a bunch of losses on their runs since the update recently? Can't seem to hit anything above a poor now and that's followed with 10-20 NRF. Perhaps others have suggestions of where to mine for good results in terms of enmatter.

Thanks

yea i get alot of losses from mining too atm, but there is prolly a huge ATH on its was, usaly are bad loot b4 huge ATH's;) And i plan to get it, would be nice to finaly get my first tower after 4 years of playing

yea i get alot of losses from mining too atm, but there is prolly a huge ATH on its was, usaly are bad loot b4 huge ATH's;) And i plan to get it, would be nice to finaly get my first tower after 4 years of playing

ooh , there is an ATH comming eh ... better get mining again then , thanks for the tip;)

at least crafting has treated you well ;)

but agree, there seems to be a lot of NRF spree's going on the last weeks. I had my worst one planetside today, but there were constant globals and hofs going. There has been a few ATHs that have gone recently, 100k cumbriz was the latest I think, so perhaps the payout has been rebalanced to give bigger ATH's.

Good short term marketing to get new playerbase, terrible longterm effect for losing players though.

Hrm I think your saying the same thing as I am that is to stop and give it a break if you get too many nrf. I know im only level 16 prospecting so I don't know everything, but my question is you say you change amps with no change in your bad luck? but do you try changing finders? Id thinking using different amps on a finder thats already failing will not make it find better? An amp only changes the value of your finds not the # of finds you make or am I wrong there too?

Personally I have not had anything worse then 20-30 nrf and usually a switch in finders can change results. it is all I noticed and will continue to mine that way since it helps keep the profits coming in for me ;)

I had 50-70 nrf runs on the planet using different amps.

Hrm I think your saying the same thing as I am that is to stop and give it a break if you get too many nrf. I know im only level 16 prospecting so I don't know everything, but my question is you say you change amps with no change in your bad luck? but do you try changing finders? Id thinking using different amps on a finder thats already failing will not make it find better? An amp only changes the value of your finds not the # of finds you make or am I wrong there too?

Personally I have not had anything worse then 20-30 nrf and usually a switch in finders can change results. it is all I noticed and will continue to mine that way since it helps keep the profits coming in for me ;)

For me same results. Amp or not, any finder, bad streak is a bad streak related to time.

Gotcha, alright so then the advice that works is if you get a bunch of nrf take a break? I would agree that stopping your run early when your hitting a bad period is good.

For me same results. Amp or not, any finder, bad streak is a bad streak related to time.

I either take a break or try a new area.

The trick with new area could also work becouse you take time to move to new area and it could result in you taking a little break. If you are teleporting and then walking or even jumping to new area you need few minutes to get there. Either way you are pausing your bombing which is good.

I have never posted in a complaint thread before, because in general I hate them.

But here we go, because this has been bugging me for a long time.

Last month I lost over 1k peds UNAMPED on CND, and until then I had always profited there, for over 2 years. This would be on an aggregate of around 7.5k bombs and 7.5k probes, so maybe we can make a law of averages from this.

So yes, there is a massive change, and I am sad about it, sometimes angry about it, even though I accept peacefully that we have no control over MA's algorithms, and that that is the game we have accepted to play.

EntropiaTracker.com Loot Trends
Hunting Loot: -28.49 % Mining Loot: -53.75 % Crafting Loot: -46.27 %

Just pasted this. Does this tell you anything? :silly2:

EntropiaTracker.com Loot Trends
Hunting Loot: -28.49 % Mining Loot: -53.75 % Crafting Loot: -46.27 %

Just pasted this. Does this tell you anything? :silly2:

Is it the winning lottery numbers for the weekend draw?

Usually I done some small minig trips, all at same areas and with same basic equipment - 20-40 bombs, 40-60 probes per run. Sometimes I had won, sometimes I had broke, game is game - mining was a rest from hunting for me.
Last week I had the same mining pucture as topic starter, so simple I don't mining anymore :)
It is just a game mate, not RL.

Its spreading....

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Maybe MA just changed the lick button on and off for some people again. I went from Sept2 to Nov12 without a single global. They are usually a normal occurence for me. Then immediately after the the migration vu as I`ll call it I went back to at least one a day. So 2 months without then back to normal. That`s not dynamic that`s insane.

Its very easy:

1) Count the # of active towers (the ones "pumping")
2) Each of those needs to gather 5k ores / enmats in 1 day
3) There are ~1000 active miners
4) -> each of them needs to lose 5 PED to fill in one tower
5) 50% breaks even -> others need to fill in 10 ped for each tower
6) Plus feed: MA, LA owners (if on taxed land) + noob fund to finance another snable young uber :laugh:

I.

Its very easy:

1) Count the # of active towers (the ones "pumping")
2) Each of those needs to gather 5k ores / enmats in 1 day
3) There are ~1000 active miners
4) -> each of them needs to lose 5 PED to fill in one tower
5) 50% breaks even -> others need to fill in 10 ped for each tower
6) Plus feed: MA, LA owners (if on taxed land) + noob fund to finance another snable young uber :laugh:

I.

LOL

I'm glad it's not only the miners filling the "blanks"

I dont see any big changes lately.
Enmat is a little bit worst, ore is better.
Still can do my profit.

this is all theorys no facts to back it up. People... EU is dynamic:wise:
Sometimes good returns sometimes bad. Play smart play eco you get less losses.. And that I say to all of you. Same thing in hunting/crafting ect.
For me for example When I get good returns on mining I know that I always will have a bad return next run. so I take less probes. ;)
Or sometimes you just unlucky someone already been there where you just trying to mine. And lots of NRF and only small claims.

two days ago I was having a bad run, I used 50 of the 200 probes I bought and only had about 10 peds in resouces, I stop and restarted yesterday

among other thingd I found 2 considerables and an abundant that resulted in more them 100% profit

the point is, if you're losing STOP and as I sayed before in some other post...
inteligence and self control go a long way in PE

two days ago I was having a bad run, I used 50 of the 200 probes I bought and only had about 10 peds in resouces, I stop and restarted yesterday

among other thingd I found 2 considerables and an abundant that resulted in more them 100% profit

the point is, if you're losing STOP and as I sayed before in some other post...

My point exactly you gotta know when to stop/change place. Dont continue to mine in the same place if you had more then 10-12 NRF. Change place... :)

and btw

I tested that diferent finder in the same area

what a load of BS lol, +90% of the claims I found were with my 105 and none of the ones I found with 101, 102 or 103 were in places I had NRF with the 105

and I still manege to profit :laugh:

My point exactly you gotta know when to stop/change place. Dont continue to mine in the same place if you had more then 10-12 NRF. Change place... :)

the place changing never helps.. but the time is on ur side..

when im not getting anything.. no matter where i go i wont get anything... but many times when ive logged out after some huge nrf streak and come back next day i hit a global on first few bombs.. but ofc in that point u cant make profit anymore.. its just that u make less minus...

Personally, I would think it's a case of "During periods of high ice-cream sales at beaches there are more shark attacks, therefore selling ice cream attracts sharks." :rolleyes:
(offtopic) Finally a polite version of this! :yay:

(for years, I've been telling the story about ice-cream sales and incidence of -sex crime-)

edit: lol, this four-letter word is in all dictionaries but EF still doesn't like it :D

It has been nerfed for at least 1½ years now. I have only ever once made a profit on a mining run (I found 24 PED of oil). This made me give up mining. I last tried with 40 bombs about three weeks ago and as usual got about 50% return.
I make less loss on crafting Basic Filters - there I have around 80% return.

I dont get how u get so bad returns all the time.. How are you mining ? you should at least run 50-100m before droping another bomb.. try run a straight line. Mine in a place where not many mobs..
Hope this helps you.

Lol.
I buy 10 bombs and go mining. i find 5ped of stuff. Conclusion-->Mining sux
Lol.

Back