Info: Mining Newbie Help

Hatter

Young
Zondarius Zondar Cramtun
So, I'm a newbie and am having a blast mining. (pun intended :yay:)

I've read just about every tutorial, guide, and all the information I can get my hands on... but it all seems to be a bit limited and doesn't go very in depth.

I understand the basic principles of mining. But, what I'm looking for is something a little bit more in depth. I recently have come across a post here with a mining tracker and someone mentioned another mining tracker. What is the best mining tracker out there? I am really in need of something and am having trouble remembering where I found what, and what spots are good and what spots are garbage.

Also, I've had this idea of using my Rookie Finder to find new spots. Not to actually gain anything of course, but to see if an area actually contains ore before using my F-101 on the area. Is this a feasible idea? Or are the results not related? (I will upgrade to the 102 as soon as I find another Sizable++)

Another thing I've come across, is the whole skill system of what each skill means when it gains a point. Mostly, I've found this to be absolutely completely garbage. If I hit a spot like that, I tend to mark out areas and do the whole thing. It's not very often that I actually find anything in those areas. I've wasted more probes looking for those spots than anything else. Should I forget them and look for the claims?

If there are any more tips that you would like to share, that would be much appreciated too!

Thanks!

I've read just about every tutorial, guide, and all the information I can get my hands on... but it all seems to be a bit limited and doesn't go very in depth.

You did most important thing already, that is very good!

I understand the basic principles of mining. But, what I'm looking for is something a little bit more in depth. I recently have come across a post here with a mining tracker and someone mentioned another mining tracker. What is the best mining tracker out there? I am really in need of something and am having trouble remembering where I found what, and what spots are good and what spots are garbage.

Click on my sig - you already show your ability to gather information - all howtos for LBML is on page. That app will help you alot.

Also, I've had this idea of using my Rookie Finder to find new spots. Not to actually gain anything of course, but to see if an area actually contains ore before using my F-101 on the area. Is this a feasible idea? Or are the results not related? (I will upgrade to the 102 as soon as I find another Sizable++)

Again you thinking absolutely in right way. But only one problem - you have not enough skills (yet, just yet - you will get'em blazingly fast) for using finders enough to get most popular ores. So, Rookie Finder isn't good for mapping.

But you can get basic idea where-what from LBML site in maps section, also about depth of stuff, and so on.

Another thing I've come across, is the whole skill system of what each skill means when it gains a point. Mostly, I've found this to be absolutely completely garbage. If I hit a spot like that, I tend to mark out areas and do the whole thing. It's not very often that I actually find anything in those areas. I've wasted more probes looking for those spots than anything else. Should I forget them and look for the claims?

It is garbage, correct. But also it's not. But it is. (smile.jpg)

If there are any more tips that you would like to share, that would be much appreciated too!

Feel free to add me in game, and ask any questions!

Couple of pointers:

* All areas have ores, some just can't be found due to being outside your depth range
* Little Big Mining log has fairly good info regarding different ore regions
* A bombed area is blacklisted for about 1-2h regardless of whom bombs. Don't rebomb it in that time period
* Noone has yet to procure proof that skillsgains are in any way related to the position of new hits
* Veins can't "be followed".

Also be weary of the texas sharpshooter fallacy. There's a lot of people that fall for it.

Couple of pointers:

* All areas have ores, some just can't be found due to being outside your depth range
* Little Big Mining log has fairly good info regarding different ore regions
* A bombed area is blacklisted for about 1-2h regardless of whom bombs. Don't rebomb it in that time period

He's right dude try going to remote places and checking there, also ask around for where to mine. If you find a place that has your level ore depth go there and write it down somewhere. Make sure it's remote, cuz 1-2h per bombs you won't find anything. Also check entropedia to find where certain ores in your range are located. The whole point of mining is to get high MU stuff to cover losses try looking for belk, its common and has good MU for low levels. Check entropedia for belkar locations or any other ore locations :D.

GL #money

"blacklisted" only applies to the same finder depth from my experience.

for example, i bombed the same exact place someone did, which was about 10 minutes infront of me. i actually got bigger claims, up to IX with my experience. however i do not recommend it.

however we were using different finders, so different depths, might want to consider that.

also make sure you dont drop bombs right when you can, make sure you walk/run double the finder search range.(obviously)

@Hatter

First of, extremely good high quality post. It's is nice to see the occasional person actually making an effort, and that goes for you efforts in regards to tracking down information.

I don't really have much to tell you though, other than I don't believe in the blacklisting concept. In real life it may make sense, but this isn't real life and MA/Planet partner has a responsibility to provide an equal playground for all involved. Since I have no way of knowing if someone has been in an area I occupy within the last 1 or 2 hours, that really wouldn't be fair.

Of course, as with everything else related to entropia universe, I can neither prove nor disprove my beliefs, but I do believe that common sence goes a lo9ng way when trying to explain such matters.

In any case keep up the good work and best of luck.

My suggestion - swap to L series as soon as possible. Low lvl´s L finder are cheap to buy and offer overall better depth for only few peds you pay for its markup.
Well, and if you want to know something about skill gains, ask Legion :laugh: (or, dont do that, lol, NEVER)

Wow! So much great info. Thanks especially to dr3w for the mining tracker & the website map. It's a little weird to get used to, but I'm getting the hang of it. I've been able to find alot more info on mining with your guy's help.

So, the skill thing isn't exactly what the tutorials say? .... at least at my experience level in mining. I realize now that I was a bit vague on that, but I'm glad that everyone seemed to have picked up on it. I was talking about the Surveying == spot w/in 250m, etc. etc.

I've added rep to everyone.

I've tried to find Eve Damsel Online, but haven't been able to find you on the Player Register. I added my Avatar name to my info on the side, could you try to add me? I'm not sure why I can't find you.

I've tried to find Eve Damsel Online, but haven't been able to find you on the Player Register. I added my Avatar name to my info on the side, could you try to add me? I'm not sure why I can't find you.

Maybe my privacy settings is a problem. But real problem now - I am drunk and collapsing to bed. Next time I will find you in PR, and will add you.

I don't really have much to tell you though, other than I don't believe in the blacklisting concept. In real life it may make sense, but this isn't real life and MA/Planet partner has a responsibility to provide an equal playground for all involved. Since I have no way of knowing if someone has been in an area I occupy within the last 1 or 2 hours, that really wouldn't be fair.

Of course, as with everything else related to entropia universe, I can neither prove nor disprove my beliefs, but I do believe that common sence goes a lo9ng way when trying to explain such matters.
Blacklisting has been proven by several different people, in different VUs, in different locations whom all independently came to the conclusion that it is the case. It's incredibly easy to test and the difference in returns is too great to ignore.

It has nothing to do what is "realistic" and it has absolutely nothing to do with "believing".

Footnote: Haven't tested if blacklisting can be avoided by having different depths. Anyone is free to put in a 100 ped and try it for themselves.

It's incredibly easy to test

Now I know it haven't been proven, but it doesn't matter, I do things my way and you do it your way. Your way is probably better, though it may not be for the reasons you think.

Now I know it haven't been proven, but it doesn't matter, I do things my way and you do it your way. Your way is probably better, though it may not be for the reasons you think.
Care to explain how you drew that conclusion?

Edit: Nevermind. Lets take this in PM if you feel like it. No need to derail the thread.

I lost my ass.
I was down to mining probe by probe.
I was doing a run with my last 4 probes before I started selling my armor and what not.
I hadn't found anything with those probes, except one Small (III) that I couldn't get to and it wasn't worth getting to because of mobs.

AND THEN!

My first HoF! 465! Iron.

F-101
Unamped.

I hadn't found anything with those probes, except one Small (III) that I couldn't get to and it wasn't worth getting to because of mobs.

Did you try the Summon claim feature? and gz!

Also be weary of the texas sharpshooter fallacy. There's a lot of people that fall for it.

Haven't heard of that one, tell me more please.

im also a newb to mining good newb mining spots?

Back