Suggestion: Mining Overhaul with some crafting additons

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Add some high end mining gear like larger pre amped finders and excavators that will pull up resources significantly faster. Make the overall markup for mining large amounts of material lower, specifically by adding options such as much larger pre amped finders that are available to high level players. To offset the increase in mining loot and keep markup reasonable, make the pre amped finders use a very large ratio of materials to metal residue to craft. For example, 100 ped of mining mats for a click, and the max tt value is something like 150 ped. Also, add some useful craftable items that use very large amounts of material to craft. Like limited guns that have high dps, but can be used by lower level players and decay rapidly. Such as a gun with 65% EFF and 85 DPS, but can be used at level 15. But Having high decay and using limited blueprints would make this gun more expensive markup wise than any counterparts, so the only advantage is high dps for level. Another fun idea would be to have some limited guns that act in a similar way, but are meant for ubers who want to do massive dps at the price of using a fast decaying limited gun (essentially a gambling option for hunters.) Like a gun or series of guns that use a mix of hunting and mining mats, is level 100+ costs 350 ped TT of materials, uses a level 11 limited print weapon bp, and does 250+ DPS. (Cap cat 10 DPS at like 200 or something to avoid conflicts of interest.)

Haha, I ended up spitballing a lot more ideas I've been thinking of for a while than I intended when I started on this post. I think that having useful ways to burn a lot of found resources as well as ways to generate more in a sustainable fashion is one of the keys to having a thriving economy.

i back more dps 100%. at lower/mid level the lack of dps is a brake for feeding the loot pool...
give a 15 level player a 85 dps gun and he will not have the skills to profit making all the rest rich :)

for crafting, sorry mate but the 40...44% success that is the average crafting return would make those finder very dear and unable to coup with the ores that you find in value vs decay.
high end hunters care more to the small cost of kill than dps. dps is crucial for the bad design of shared loot that assign very often an item to biggest hitter.

i back more dps 100%. at lower/mid level the lack of dps is a brake for feeding the loot pool...
give a 15 level player a 85 dps gun and he will not have the skills to profit making all the rest rich :)

for crafting, sorry mate but the 40...44% success that is the average crafting return would make those finder very dear and unable to coup with the ores that you find in value vs decay.
high end hunters care more to the small cost of kill than dps. dps is crucial for the bad design of shared loot that assign very often an item to biggest hitter.
Yeah, shared loot is definitely where the uber guns might see some sort of profit. I think it is a fair trade considering if the gun had high decay, the markup would make it still far less profitable to use than A UL uber gun for those who are level 100+. Also, I didn't mean for the finder to decay quickly, only the guns. My idea on the finder is basically just a DSEC 30, but 3x the probes used per drop and level 70 or something just as an example.

Add some high end mining gear like larger pre amped finders and excavators that will pull up resources significantly faster. Make the overall markup for mining large amounts of material lower, specifically by adding options such as much larger pre amped finders that are available to high level players. To offset the increase in mining loot and keep markup reasonable, make the pre amped finders use a very large ratio of materials to metal residue to craft. For example, 100 ped of mining mats for a click, and the max tt value is something like 150 ped. Also, add some useful craftable items that use very large amounts of material to craft. Like limited guns that have high dps, but can be used by lower level players and decay rapidly. Such as a gun with 65% EFF and 85 DPS, but can be used at level 15. But Having high decay and using limited blueprints would make this gun more expensive markup wise than any counterparts, so the only advantage is high dps for level. Another fun idea would be to have some limited guns that act in a similar way, but are meant for ubers who want to do massive dps at the price of using a fast decaying limited gun (essentially a gambling option for hunters.) Like a gun or series of guns that use a mix of hunting and mining mats, is level 100+ costs 350 ped TT of materials, uses a level 11 limited print weapon bp, and does 250+ DPS. (Cap cat 10 DPS at like 200 or something to avoid conflicts of interest.)

Haha, I ended up spitballing a lot more ideas I've been thinking of for a while than I intended when I started on this post. I think that having useful ways to burn a lot of found resources as well as ways to generate more in a sustainable fashion is one of the keys to having a thriving economy.
Biggest mining update would be removal of wave, which sucks and it was worst idea whoever came up with it.

Biggest mining update would be removal of wave, which sucks and it was worst idea whoever came up with it.
I think the idea behind the waves/ limited loot pools is so that the markets don't become oversaturated, which burning enough resources could solve.

While I agree mining and crafting need an overhaul, I think MA need to look at it as a whole not just particular kinds of finders etc.

there are too man y blueprints, too many different ores and enmatters, some are just pvp and some are costly so prevent some crafting (i refer to fire root pellets cost that rise the cost of Armatrix).
I am not an expert on mining but what is the differetce to ahve a preamped tool and put an amp on it?
probably nothing apart the MU impact ?

While I agree mining and crafting need an overhaul, I think MA need to look at it as a whole not just particular kinds of finders etc.
I think the problem is finding ways to implement new items that neither burn old players investments so badly that they don't have trust, nor destroy existing markets. Obviously they come up with good solutions at times such as the armatrix series, but it is a complicated issue.

there are too man y blueprints, too many different ores and enmatters, some are just pvp and some are costly so prevent some crafting (i refer to fire root pellets cost that rise the cost of Armatrix).
I am not an expert on mining but what is the differetce to ahve a preamped tool and put an amp on it?
probably nothing apart the MU impact ?
Think of an amp as using an oldschool melee weapon. All of the decay comes from the weapons its self. A finder, on the other hand, shares most of the cost through survey probes, and only takes a small hit on decay. Similar to a gun with ammo. A pre amped finder is just a finder that uses more survey probes than other finders, allowing for a larger drop hence "pre-amped." Because the majority of finders, even higher level, cost the same amount per drop as each other.

I suppose MA looks at the amount of people who mine VS the gear available and determines what to add. I would like to get a better excavator but there are ways around it that don't cost and arm and a leg.

More gear is always interesting and in some way they could implement a salvage option in mining. There have been a lot of wars and destruction on Calyspo so there should be pieces of items constantly being found that are salvageable or used in some combination to make and item or boost existing items. That being said a new round of unlimited mining gear would be nice plus randomizing resource waves would help add a little more excitement to the profession. Space mining is an untapped market that could boost the popularity of the profession as well.

Back