Mining PVP claims should be extracted only in pvp areas

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
Ok so you can't take a claim out of lootable but you can summon it at edge and extract it from outside. I really think having this change should fix this exploit.

huh there is something new ? we used to be able to summon the claim only one time because of this...

...was there a roll back ? or u found a miner thats only at the edge mining anyway ?

Well on Arkadia for example or any pvp if u mine near edge you can summon once the claim near the border of the pvp and extract it from outside.

You cant on RT, as it island (well apart from near TP). Is PVP still worth mining? Is not most resources can be found in non-PVP areas now?

Yeah, there's that thing ive done as well. mine was out of coincidence tbh. But I know the miners u speak of Alina :p They are pesky on Ark pvp.

Make UNI ammo and probes lootable and you will see how fast the problem with pvp is solved

Make UNI ammo and probes lootable and you will see how fast the problem with pvp is solved
The problem is they not going in pvp area but staying on edge. So they move the claim to the edge of pvp area and extract in from while in non-pvp area.

I just don't see anyone being able to pull THAT much out of the ground with this method. Could be wrong. Couldn't PKers just run the edge dropping probes every 15 minutes and make it so that the majority of the finds are already taken? Unless the PKers don't want to be carrying lootables on them while in PVP.....shots fired!

I just don't see anyone being able to pull THAT much out of the ground with this method.

Was thinking the same, considering how much time it would take to summon every claim found inside pvp, i don't think many would even bother. That one? dude that actually bothers will unlikely start mining inside the pvp area anyway.

There are 1000s of more important things for MA to fix.

can you stop with this, always its a person who doesn't like pvp coming with your line, its part of the game deal with it by ignoring it

If you don't like people actually responding to your suggestions with something you don't like, then just make a support ticket instead. It's a forum, you don't get to dictate who can respond in your threads. You just have to deal with it, maybe best by ignoring it?

Or you don't go there, much easier solving problems.

I don't. there are two kind of people who goes there, newer players and ubers that vulture on the former. The rest stay away because the benefit of going there is non-existant considering the potential consequences. Maybe you could add the odd thrill seeker.

This makes it mostly a noob trap, which in my opinion is just insane.

But to add directly to this thread topic, i think edge mining is clever use of game mechanics and should stay.

When i go mine in pvp i always stay close to the edge so nobody can kill me while gaining loots.. Also when i excavate i do in small parts and run to the vehicle parked near edge to drop small parts of the loot so even if someone shoot me i loose few peds only.. Like u said pvp is part of the game and we have to deal with it, u are 100% right with it.. But smart mining in pvp areas is also a part of the game and u have to deal with it ..

If you don't like people actually responding to your suggestions with something you don't like, then just make a support ticket instead. It's a forum, you don't get to dictate who can respond in your threads. You just have to deal with it, maybe best by ignoring it?

Its not about that. Some of the users thinking the game should only spin around the activities they like and other well fuck them just remove them.

Also thats why there are 1000 things to fix because they dont start from scratch.

You say also its a forum we talk but whats the point of puking in thread when you don't have anything to do with a discussion/profession. I dont go around and just shit in someone thread just because i dont like a part of the game.

Its not about that. Some of the users thinking the game should only spin around the activities they like and other well fuck them just remove them.

Also thats why there are 1000 things to fix because they dont start from scratch.

You say also its a forum we talk but whats the point of puking in thread when you don't have anything to do with a discussion/profession. I dont go around and just shit in someone thread just because i dont like a part of the game.

I would'nt call it shit posting, you can argue it was off-topic though.

In a later post i posted "But to add directly to this thread topic, i think edge mining is clever use of game mechanics and should stay."

Its not a cleaver use when you stay outside and the claim is in lootable. Thats a fucking exploit. It was cleaver if you were able to summon it outside but MA made it to stay only in lootable.

Last edited:
You don't loot the claim when you kill someone, you loot the character. To be able to loot a character it has to be inside lootable. Excavators have range that makes you able to extract from some distance.

Mindark made the change so you can't summon claim outside lootable, but they did it so it summons on edge within reach of excavators from the outside.

This change wasnt rocket science, thus im sure MA actually thought about this.

I would hardly call it an exploit either way, since it's not stated that it should work like you want it to. If i'm wrong about this last statement, please provide the source/proof.

Example of exploit is using pet that says it gives X% reload speed but it actually gives double. There it is stated to work in one way, but is working in another way giving a player an unfair advantage.

Well thank you for bumping this topic Sleepy, all it needed was some activity :)

But to add directly to this thread topic, i think edge mining is clever use of game mechanics and should stay.
If it was clever then you could have find that resource in the spot you are extracting but it doesn't spawn there which makes it an exploit.Just like your neighbors have trees in their yard but some branches lay down in your yard and you collect their fruits.Its their trees not yours.You collect them, you steal.Its an exploit.

Last edited:
How can it be an exploit when u are allowed to sumit the claim somewhere else ,
(And if the tree are in my yard its my tree and my fruit Messi)

(And if the tree are in my yard its my tree and my fruit Messi)
If you have your tree in your yard then is not a problem.
The situation here is different. Resources are only in a zone designed for high risk.High risk high reward, you pay a price to enter.If you collect the resources from outside is no risk, high reward, makes absolute 0 sense in any game with developers over 2 iq.The only reason is not fixed here is because nobody at mindark cares about pvp because it doesn't bring profit to shareholders.Everything in this game is done if a vast majority is using it, not only a handful of competitive players.Thats how updates are done, cry about it convince 500 noobs to do the same, it will be implemented, doesn't matter what it is.

If you have your tree in your yard , you are free to collect as many fruits as you want but it doesn't make any point here.
It is what it is, I no longer want to change anything.

If it was clever then you could have find that resource in the spot you are extracting but it doesn't spawn there which makes it an exploit.Just like your neighbors have trees in their yard but some branches lay down in your yard and you collect their fruits.Its their trees not yours.You collect them, you steal.Its an exploit.

Even when you summit your claims it stays in its spawnable area. Everything here is using normal game mechanics, you can argue and suggest that it shouldnt be extractable from outside of lootable. But that doesnt make it an exploit. Its within the rules MA have set up and there isnt any information that this is not allowed.

There is probably many things that doesnt make sense in this game that you can do, this doesnt make it all an exploit though.

Maybe you have different rules where you live when it comes to overhanging trees. Where i live though you are free to pick that fruit since its over/on your property. Also no one owns lootable except MA, they also own the area outside.

Sound familiar Cristi?

"Its just the way things happen and people are free to believe whatever they want because I will not interact anymore with anyone on the forums."

Back