Mining skill boosts / Christmas ring 2016 question.

Steinmeyer

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lord Vondur Steinmeyer
A question about the skill boosts you get periodically and the 15% constant bonus from Christmas Ring 2016.

Does this affect other skills you get while mining as well? Such as perception, engineering, computer?

Thanks!

Good question, i'd say yes, but wouldn't be noticeable since you don't get a whole lot of them in general... could be 100% wrong but that's my opinion. Someone would have to test this to have a clear answer.

I got a 270% boost for a couple of minutes and to me it seemed that every skill you get from mining got boosted, but not sure.

Would make the rings constant 15% very valueable!

There was a very interesting answer from MindArk about skill boosts in the AMA last year, the person was asking if skill boosts increased the frequency of you gaining skills or if it increased the amount. MindArk basically said: both.

I have a love-hate relationship with skill boosts. As an Armor crafter, I only get Garment tailoring skill boosts, which is dumb... And when I take a 10% skill boost pill, it's impossible to tell the difference as the amount of Manufacture Armor skill I gain is exactly the same (the amount gained is in line with what it would be without the pill).

When I take a 100% skill boost, it seems pretty obvious that I gain skills more frequently, and the amounts are larger amounts in general.

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on with skill gains, it all seems to be random but I think not. Anyway there's been a bit of research done on this here:

How Hunting Skill Gains Work

Back