Amped - Unamped?

• Amped

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Unamped

Votes: 68 30.8%
  • Show me the dancing monkeys!

Votes: 103 46.6%

• Total voters
Hmmm, erm......I forgot where I've once read something regarding amps. May be correct, may be incorrect, but I've been under this impression that amps do not help increase your chances of finding claims. But instead, they increase the size of the claims in the event that you do find one.

Judging from the way towers come with unamps and amps. I guess its one thing to hit a claim unamped and another thing if you hit one amped. But its just a theory, no way to prove it........or rather haven't found a good scientific procedure to test it.....nor do I have the money to do so. ^^:silly2:

I had to go with the dancin moneys :laugh:

However I did hit a nice size find. It was at CND in Dome 3. At the end it was 3878 peds... It was with the TT finder and unamped... I gues it was just luck, but I'll take it...

I was out tamein with a whip, and my fiend was up there with me. He told me the dome was hot, that he has a lot of hits in it already. So I droped a prob... haha He died when he saw it, :ahh:

Not sure if it will help, but I think its all just luck... :scratch2:

u need to be under lvl10 and mine unamped to be able to hit a tower.. thats a fact.. or u need to be one of those guys who have 10s of towers... oh yeah and selling all the mining skills increase ur chance to hit a tower too

my best 2700ped gazz came with oa-103 at around 15lvls now 34lvl
my best enma 2500ped came with ma-103 at around 15lvls now 26lvl

ive mined around 90% of my time with oa-103s attached.. in cnd and earth.. mostly in earth tho..

i think that my best lvls were around 15-20.. on both sides.. i also scored some nice big hofs from enma before hitting lvl20.. after that.. nothing

maybe i should change to tt finder and do some unamped.. it might work.. or maybe im too overskilled now

Last edited:
I'm lvl 30 .. I've unlocked mineral sense .. best claim is 1,016 ped gazz - and it was unamped. :laugh:

I have however dropped thousands of OA 102's into the ground .. no tower .. yet. :tapfinger

Go pyrate towers .. my turn though .. bitches. :grouphug:

i got mine tp running to nea's using 211(L) and no amp :)

Hmmm, erm......I forgot where I've once read something regarding amps. May be correct, may be incorrect, but I've been under this impression that amps do not help increase your chances of finding claims. But instead, they increase the size of the claims in the event that you do find one.

Judging from the way towers come with unamps and amps. I guess its one thing to hit a claim unamped and another thing if you hit one amped. But its just a theory, no way to prove it........or rather haven't found a good scientific procedure to test it.....nor do I have the money to do so. ^^:silly2:

Agreed, I have had the same experience with amps. As soon as I use a amp I find that my loots are bigger, but not any more regular than usual.

I also tried dropping probes and when finding a claim amping and doing another drop, 60% of the time I will get a another claim with a bigger deposit than the first.

As for Towers, yet have to see one. my biggest yest is a 900 pedder off Iron stone :)

LVL 30 Prospector and still no tower , amped or unamped. :( maybe the day will come for me too , to make this dance:wtg: until then i look to forum at hof section and make this:eek: GL ALL

I think we should organize a weekend where everyone who hasn't got a tower in this thread but is at a reasonable prospector/surveyor level hits CND with the TT finder :D See how many if any towers we can get :D

~Tracer

i found a 18k melchi on CND (XXIII) with Tik400 unamped :) it is not a myth lol but big big luck :)

i was also once mining in cnd with tk320+ 15 oa-103s.. i didnt hit anything above great.. then while waiting a pilot to fly me down from there i grapped 100 bombs and tt finder and unamped ofc.. went to mine and hit huge and great in row... amps are dynamic.. well this game is dynamic..

I think we should organize a weekend where everyone who hasn't got a tower in this thread but is at a reasonable prospector/surveyor level hits CND with the TT finder :D See how many if any towers we can get :D

~Tracer

I am up for that, haha I bet we can get ND into makin it an Event and get some domes locked down for us :)

Haha, that would make for a fun weekend.

Get everyone lined up about what 20ishm apart, and scale the dome. everyon goes straight. Just clean out the dome.

~Tracer

Define "reasonable" :D

Very nice idea to pop in here too :D i'm up for it ofc :D :wtg:

I have had 4 mining ubers(all CND).. Only 1 tower 16.8k lyst(320+103amp). 1 uber was unamped with a 105 finder. I say it is being in the right place at the right time.. All my ubers came between levels 29-31.

Have never had a tower myself but my wife hit one a stones throw from Jason, it was unamped and it's value was 6,500ped. Personally i do think it is just the luck of the draw..

Hmm,

Reached lvl 43 prospector 35survey, With mining amped 75% of the time of which 75% of the time I did it on cnd, USed amps from 102/105 mostly sometimes bigger.

Biggest finds.

1.25k iron cnd, OF102 OA102 lol
1.1k gazz cnd, 211 L OA103
1k iron forgot tools.

thats all lol..

I'm about the same as Cycokick here. Had about 4 or 5 XX size. 2 of them just over 1k. I'd have at least the same skill if I didn't chip out mining skills. Though i'm 95% Amethera mining. Used the same amps. Currently using 103's. Mining for about 3 years now. So some of us will get a more average scale of loot and some will get the hamburger with the lot. Some get stuff all and give up. I guess we're in the same category Cycokick. We're running round like Marvin's bombing and going 'wheres the kaboom, there's supposed to be an earthshattering kaboom'.

After chipping in and out many times... I had like 20 ped on my card and went mining in my goblin w00t.

14,000 ped of Narc - Orefinder 101 unamped - 500 prospector skills and about 500 geology:

It said Rich on the finder... I miss those days... where you had to move to the claim and also when it said unknown :eek:

After chipping in and out many times... I had like 20 ped on my card and went mining in my goblin w00t.

14,000 ped of Narc - Orefinder 101 unamped - 500 prospector skills and about 500 geology:

It said Rich on the finder... I miss those days... where you had to move to the claim and also when it said unknown :eek:

i miss those times too :( but now no one wont be stealing ur hofs in cnd atleast :/ all tho no one ever stole a claim from me but i stole plenty of globals from others :DDD

I am currently Surveyor 42 and still waiting for my first tower.

My biggest finds (3134 Angelic and 2829 Iron) were both amped, MA103 and OA103.

The biggest unamped claim was 947 Iron.

Last edited:

~Tracer

i tried that few days ago and well.. couldnt be worst.. i went there hoping that maybe this would work coz i dont remember when i touched tt finder last time...
and now there i am with lvl34 prosp dropping bombs with tt finder and unamped... could i find anything? no.. 1/100 was a hit..i also had my amped tk320 with me and with those few rare drops i made with that i hit more than i hit in a complete run with unamped tt finder.. i came to conclusion that im too skilled for that finder... downgrading equipment should follow with downgrade of skills

I've had 7 towers... :cool:

5 were (amped)

2 were (unamped)

1 was tt finder and unamped :ahh:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Back