Mining Wishes Compilation

Which do you want?

• Total voters
Society
Project-Asylum Corp.
Revan The Nightbird Evenstar
Claims visible on radar

Currently, claim rods can hide inside rocks, trees, mushrooms... etc, and forces us to mine each claim as we come across them or face a game of hide and seek. Give us the option of dropping some bombs and then run back over them with ease please.

No more unknown finds

It made sense when you didn't get the claims instantly, but now it just consumes extra server resources when we click the deeds. Optimization right?

Increase room for mining

Calypso isn't big enough to support enough miners to satisfy crafting demands. High demand ore spots are constantly swarming with miners. Please make some changes to allow more miners mine, be it changing the area a finder need to work, decreasing the time a land is unavailable after being bombed, or adding a lot more land.

All of those 3 wishes are very reasonable and they crossed my mind earlier several times, to I'm voting for all 3 :)

very good points, hope they will accept at least 1 of all the 3 ;)

Yeah, Unknown Finds are just about as silly as NRF's FFS.....:rolleyes:

Voted for the top 2, the space issue, I think, is continually being addressed. (More land opened on Ameth, the way finders now work etc.)

I voted for the claims showing in the radar.

I would not mind the "unknowns" if there was some usage for it. Like something you have not discovered before or if a claim is found with out of the ordinary items. Simply getting a 1000m "unknown" deposit to find out it is a poor oil is a bit anticlimatic. Maybe keeping the claim deed in an unknown state until you extract it would make that find a lot more interesting so long as its worthwhile. The only use I can see for it now is to roughly gauge progress, less unknowns seems to mean you are getting better with your skills and finder.

Only increase in room for mining I would not mind is bringing back underwater exploration as well. I think there is enough land mass to support the current miner population. There are always going to be pockets of good in demand resources finding them all is part of the fun plus you might find a couple that people rarely frequent.

I voted for claims showing on the radar, this has always been an anoyence. My ideas were to put a big antena coming out of the claim so you could see it easyer or when you click on the deed, it atomaticly reloads it into the finder so you can use the finder to isolate the position. But puting it on the radar....even better!

The unknow feild I would also like to see gone, really a worthless feature. I could see if it had something to do with your skill useing the tools but I doubt it does. Was fun with the old system when you had to run over the spot to "Make it pop" but its now obsollet.

As it is with the area to mine vs. materials for crafters I just dont think theres a corralation. If we only had one area to mine in, lets say it was as big as a pvp area, I would bet almost all I own that in that small area enough materials will be found to support the crafting community. The game is "balenced" Another example of my point...If all these crafters use lets say 50 tons of lyst and no ones mining for days but one person :) my theory is that the one person mining will bring back close to what every crafter needs. Game says crafters used X amount of lyst send message to loot server saying drop X amount of lyst back. Only one person mining, only one divisor= big ATH fo them.:twocents:

Really the only way to make mining better is more crafters, more crafters then MA drops more resources to get decay from them. In this case the "good" spots that get "over mined" will have a higher regeneration rate.

What would also help mining and I know some dont want to hear this :) is sticking to the miners code of secrecy. If your going to come to the forum and say "Oh yeah man, if you run about 2000 meters east of argus and drop around those werid looking plant things. I always find lots of good resources right there." You cant complain when you run by "your spot" and it looks like the swamp camp on a saturday afternoon. :whiner:

Absolutely, claim rods should show up on radar, and I've always been frustrated that they don't. How does this improve gameplay or MA's bottom line? I don't see that it could change anything but miner's frustration levels.

If for some reason MA think its a gameplay balance issue, they can just have a minimum distance for the rod to be on-radar (just like the smaller mobs have). Just get rid of that tedious "is it over this hill, in that hole, or under that rock?" crap.

Or at the very very least, like another poster suggested, let us re-open the deed with the finder and use the arrows to find it. But sheesh. What's the big deal about showing a claim I've already found on my damned radar??

Weekend bump

Bomb marks Bomb Marks!
:D I'd mine again if they put them back in.

Claims visible on radar

.... when you click on the deed, it atomaticly reloads it into the finder so you can use the finder to isolate the position. But puting it on the radar....even better!

A theory that has floated for a long time is that putting the claims on radar would allow somebody to crack the mining system by making the pattern visible. Having one claim on radar couldn't do that. Maybe the claims location could be put on the radar when you click the deed as it is done now with the map. Good idea:clap:; it would certainly save my "p" key some stress.

No more unknown finds

I voted for the claims showing in the radar....
I would not mind the "unknowns" if there was some usage for it. .... Maybe keeping the claim deed in an unknown state until you extract it would make that find a lot more interesting so long as its worthwhile. .....

Or at least until you get right up to the claim?:woot: The deed is blank when the claim is pulled and many are done in one pull so you would never see the info if it only got filled by extraction. I do miss the suspense and just having to click the claim to find out doesn't replace it.

Increase room for mining

As it is with the area to mine vs. materials for crafters I just dont think theres a corralation. ....
Really the only way to make mining better is more crafters, more crafters then MA drops more resources to get decay from them. In this case the "good" spots that get "over mined" will have a higher regeneration rate.....

Ya, EU is "balanced" meaning if you get something on one side you lose something on the other. I don't want more space because that just means that either I'll have to run 5k between claims :cussing:or we'll get a new claim size "microscopic":scared:.

You know I was thinking about my earlier vote for no more unknown finds but yeah having finds visible on radar would be cool. They can be a pain to find after unequipping the finder. I must not have read that right before.

bump & vote!

bump for a while longer

the 1. is cool, im agree whit.

the 2. i like to have some unknow, give a bit adrenaline, maybe is rare stuff,
i like that to have ! and i don't look at deed, then.

3. absolutley true, we all miners need more space, or better spots or time base after is outbombed. and plz more land whitout millions of mobs, we are primary miners , not hunters;)

I also think that unknown finds should be rest as they are. This gives a little surprise when you discover rare ores or enmatters....

:)

Old thread bump for this mining event :)

Back