MiningMaps: New Product from Entropia Outfitters

kpward

Elite
Society
Entropia Outfitters
Darri Darri Ar
Hi All,

In our continued work to provide valuable products and services to the Entropia community, we now offer MiningMaps. :yay:

Below is a sample of the 4 to 5 pages of data, graphs, and analysis each file contains.

generic_overview_2.jpg

Existing MiningMaps will be updated regularly and New MiningMaps will be added as well. Each map has a unique number, date, VU, and Ores/EnMatter which were found at which depths.

MiningMaps are a downloadable product that can be purchased with or without Discount Codes just like all other Products from EntropiaOutfitters.com.

To jump directly to the MiningMaps: click below.
http://www.entropiaoutfitters.com/i...category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

Any/All Feedback is welcome!
darri

Disclaimer:
This product is for information purposes only. No guarantee is implied. This information is to assist prospective miners in understanding previously successful mining attempts, but in no way guarantees future success.

That could actually be quite useful, If I ever start mining again I might buy that ;)

My guess you guys are breaking more laws then you imagine and i wouldnt be supriced if you get sued to pieces, bit the mining part looks like it could be interresting for ppl who arent old vets with similar notes :)

Last edited:
That being the case im impressed that MA takes this so lightly, i for one would have expected an army of lawyers :eek:

Best of luck and i might eveb buy a shirt :)

From the Site:

"Map 1
Three distinct mining veins! The area contains Kanerium, Ignisium, Dianum, Iron, Narcanisum, Durulium, Gazzurdite, Magerian, Angelic, Alicenies and others."

I am sorry, but why would anyone pay for the location of these resources?
A simple search here on EF will give you that info and even some about real rare stuff.

I am all for business and your accessories seem very nice, but what added value do these maps give?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...haring-ok-i-coded-i-hope-you-find-useful.html

Why should miners use your service, when they can use that one for free?

And $20 for a little map of information? You must be outta your mind. I see this as a total rip off and disgrace to the Entropia community.

All 3 of your mining maps combined only equals 144 recorded claims... C'mon now.. That's just silly. It's like you asked a person to go on 3 mining runs and then created charts for each run.

There's over 28,574 claims and growing, in the free database I linked. And the file can be used to generate graphs also.

For people who don't know how to use NRF. I created a guide.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ing-nrf-no-resources-found-mining-logger.html

Last edited:
It does seem a little expensive, but it does look very useful to those of us who don't take notes of finds.

Maybe you could justify the cost by explaining in this thread what added value these charts have compared to the free stuff we can find on the forum. After all, the added value is what people pay for...

GL with your endevour.

It does seem a little expensive, but it does look very useful to those of us who don't take notes of finds.

Maybe you could justify the cost by explaining in this thread what added value these charts have compared to the free stuff we can find on the forum. After all, the added value is what people pay for...

GL with your endevour.

Yeah, but what's more costly. Recording a few runs with NRF and submitting them to get the huge database of claims, or forking over $20 dollars for a mere 53 claims or less.

I think NRF is very cool. :cool: Each service has it's own niche to serve, I believe.

2 simple examples would be a new miner (far less than 100 finds) looking for a certain resource that does not want to waste 200 ped on random locations.

Another example would be miningmaps for specific LAs, especially the larger ones. This would further benefit miners and the LA owners.
There are of course no guarantees, EU is dynamic. ;) But I do think there is value to some miners.

The MiningMaps package from EntropiaOutfitters.com contains 100% validated finds with:
1) Coordinates
2) depths
3) find types
4) and most importantly they show alignment and intersection of veins

So from my perspective, I believed there are niche markets for EntropiaOutfitters.com MiningMaps, it takes time and labor to create the entire analytical package, and those two things add up together to mean a price.

Just like most retailers, EntropiaOutfitters sponsors in-game events, runs promotions, and has a Partner Program all of which boils-down to opportunities for discounts and specials.

Thank you for the feedback. It is all great to hear. :wtg:

darri

Nice to see a new original product for sale, but i must say I have some doubts about how successfull this product will be in your shop. Let me play the devils advocate a bit...

To start, this kind of info is retrievable in other ways, quite easy too. Then the price, 20$ for a downloadable pdf, I find on the pricey side. Not sure if beginning players want to put that kind of money down for it. Then there is ofcourse the question how usefull this information prooves to be (prooves in: better returns than without your map). As a last point, I think some entropians who shared their info for free, be it via nrf, eu, the wiki etc, won't sympathise with you selling the info for hard cash. Not a direct problem maybe, but might have a negative effect for your name.

Maybe when you where to offer reallife hold-it-in-your-hands booklets / magazines versions of this, the 20$ would sound a lot better for buyers.
For instance the 'The Resource Encyclopedia Part One - A~F)'. I think collectors of EU stuff would be glad to buy a full set ;).
I understand making these reallife items takes a lot more than a downloadable pdf though...

I don't want to break down the whole idea, but just give you my opinion and feedback.

Goodluck,

Sahel

Good luck making some cash off the miners, have a feeling once you sell 2 or 3 they will be free for all :yay:....errr i mean boo :( why would you want all your buddies dropping bombs in your spots?

It looks good would be use full but its a bit to much. $5 yea I'm on it $10 hmmmm maybe more $ nah! I like the idea and especially the RL idea. It cant cost much for a few sheets of A4/Legal in an envelope. Keep expanding on this and a good product will come out of it.

It is an interesting idea. I have mined since I stared EU and logged everything the first 5 months in order to find some predictable system to mining....

However I have still found none and I think it is because skill level changes what you are going to find as with loot and decay totals...

The best the information I have recorded does for me is what kind of mineral is where with what equipment I used at the time. Sometimes that still doesn't work either. Many times I go to a place where I normally find a certain ore only to find none of it but different ores.

I think this is why MA doesn't mind this information being sold and used as it really has no negative effect on them as your results will not be much different with or without this information. Even if you used this information and did find a certain pattern that worked well it would actually be in MA's favor as they now got you even more hooked...

Yes, we are trying to fit some unfullfilled needs by the mining community.

We have also been discussing other options based on the fact that each map will be refreshed regularly and series of maps will also be offered as packages.

All great feedback. Thanks everyone. :cool:

darri

I guess that map seamaster made is worth more but is free

so let me get this straight :scratch2:
you say that every piece of merchandise on your website is prior reviewed by MA. and you say in your maps one can clearly see the veins and their distribution and intersection.
sooooo, to sum it up: if you see veins in there and MA gives you green light for distribution, that must mean that your information doesn't periclitate their system and algorithms. ergo, that must mean there are no veins and no predictible stable patterns. so there you go, we found something useful, for free :yay::D

PS: don't worry, i still like you :). but as we all know, EU is dynamic,so in a sense everyone has a unique experience here. so in theory, you try to duplicate that uniqueness... and that's a paradox:)

Heuu:scratch2:

I have nothing against u but, what u are doing is forbiden. Totaly forbiden. Indeed all ur stuff on this site is : Using Entropia Universe and stuff related to make buisness without MA agrement.
U will have problems. If i was MA, i would send u lawyers.

Some good ppl over here with talent, made and make that kind of stuff for free. And there is a reason for that.

Respect for the attempt but as other have said:

a) you can get this info free on NRF
b) u can get this info off soc mates
c) you can get this info off friends
d) once one person buys it whats to stop him selling it for $5 to everyone and ruining your idea
e) Rarer ores shift positions so rare ore info on that is useless
f) You dont have enough sample size for reliable info

...understandable points from experienced players, SOC members, and Vet miners. :)

But Choice is beautiful in that way. I am all for improving any product or service and I believe there is a niche that has not been filled.

If the product itself or the way it is being marketed sux, then it will change. No problem with that. ;)

But for new players thinking of mining (no SOC, limited Friends, little experience mining), this service or some iteration of it, could be useful. After getting a jumpstart with a MiningMap, that miner could then go on to contribute GIGs of data to NRF....

The best gauge is this Forum/community and sales. No one at EntropiaOutfitters will waste their time selling ice to Eskimos, that is for sure! LOL

thanks for the continued feedback,
darri

Still it looks like a rip-off of new players... not scam, but a totally overpriced unfair offer.

... as I said: it looks, not it IS... or is it? Hm... Maybe I should offer my NRF database for 10$? Has a lot more entries than what is offered here together... and still my database it not worth 10$ :D.

I see a paradox here.

1. Those who buy it and like it, probablly wont say anything. Else others may buy the maps and then more miners will be in that area to exploit those mines
2. Those who buy it and dont like it, may be shy and not want to say anything

Therefore the value remains a secret. Then again, it seems like mining in EU is a secret art anyways.

I see a paradox here. more miners will be in that area to exploit those mines.

This has been proven in the past. Teaching some one how to mine is one thing. Beyond that, your shooting yourself in the foot, if your a miner. The ones who like to put X's on ppls maps are crafters ;)

...bump for the new week. :)

darri

This has been proven in the past. Teaching some one how to mine is one thing. Beyond that, your shooting yourself in the foot, if your a miner. The ones who like to put X's on ppls maps are crafters ;)

I agree with Harvest. The statement in bold made me laugh.

:scratch: What ever happened to figuring out resource fields on your own after you learn the mechanics?

ahhhh well good luck on your map but it only takes one VU for MA to change the locations of the resource types or expand or retract the fields.

I agree with Harvest. The statement in bold made me laugh.

:scratch: What ever happened to figuring out resource fields on your own after you learn the mechanics?

ahhhh well good luck on your map but it only takes one VU for MA to change the locations of the resource types or expand or retract the fields.

Thanks, Sirhc.

Yes, after each VU the current maps will be redone/reverified and hopefully add some more based on user or LA owner feedback.

darri

Did your Mining weekend go well? Hope so.... :wtg:

darri

Back