Miss Calypso/Miss Entropia Universe

Would love to see fashion show male/female. Anyone involved with beauty and design could sponsor/donate for prizes? I would be interested in sponsoring/donating peds.

There was a huge shitstorm all over the forums after the last competition. Those who didn't win said it was unfair and it was rigged and the winner was a cousin of all the judges and so on and so forth...

Maybe it wasn't encouraging enough for the event organizers to take the risk and try it again? :)

Smuggler fashion won :wtg:
Smuggler fashion every where :silly2:
Smuggler fashion if u wanna look uber :confused:
it seems yes ...

I did see some fussing, but that shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone.

I am proposing a series of Fashion Fun Contests;

With different Themes for each contest.

The first one would be You & Your Pet!

(others would include; you & your vehicle, Summer swimsuit, and so on..

It should come together in the next few days.

Leeloo Mt. & I are working on it, atm.

However I think judges are Very important to the success of the contest.
Thank you for pointing out that angle.
You can be sure there will be fair & impartial judges.

Yes, we are gonna try to make it as fair as possible.

Fun needs to be the primary factor.

For me the most fair judges are people with interests in fashion, so I'm thinking colorers/texturers with a nice amount of experience.

But off course we keep an open mind all the time :)

I did see some fussing, but that shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone.

I am proposing a series of Fashion Fun Contests;

With different Themes for each contest.

The first one would be You & Your Pet!

(others would include; you & your vehicle, Summer swimsuit, and so on..

It should come together in the next few days.

Leeloo Mt. & I are working on it, atm.

However I think judges are Very important to the success of the contest.
Thank you for pointing out that angle.
You can be sure there will be fair & impartial judges.

How about "Mr Puniverse" :D

Has this just faded away?

Anyone still interested?

:girl:

There is a runway gathering dust...

I was just thinking about this last month or so. This would be cool if someone could get it going again! We had a falling out with the last one due to SLers getting a little pissed off with the texture bugs and rig voting. But with a fresh face this could be kick started again. It is much needed and I vote you to start it up again for us please.

You should go on with this, but make a new announcement thread, and put the date some weeks into the future for it to gather the appropriate attention.

Im sure there is loads of people in game willing to participate or spectate.

Sounds good to me!

:beerchug:

I had proposed organising it in the past in conjunction with the previous organisers, it never cane to fruition though. I would be more than happy to help out with a new one.

I don't see the point of a contest over which bloke is the randiest virtual crossdresser. How about a contest over which ava is the best implementation of its real self, or at least real-world role model if they have one. This means every entry needs two pictures.

I'll send in a pic of Jennifer Lopez then :p

I tried to get MA involved again in this event twice or three times but they do not care about it since they never replied. Years before the communication with them about this event was so much easier.

I would have continued the event if PC was involved a bit.

I must warn you when running this event.
I had the best possible judges for the last event, more prizes, streaming with commentary, a "photographer" taking screenshots, transparent info regarding points and I think pretty good results threads. Still people were telling me I rigged it etc. which is sad because I really try to be fair in these events. And the funny thing is the only time I talked to any of the winners was when I was giving them my congrats :)

Here are the results threads for Mister/Miss Calypso 2012:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...220657-Mister-Calypso-2012-Results&highlight=
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?220322-Miss-Calypso-2012-Results&highlight=

Anyways if you need any help, let me know.

Regards,
True :bandit:

Last edited:
I don't see the point of a contest over which bloke is the randiest virtual crossdresser. How about a contest over which ava is the best implementation of its real self, or at least real-world role model if they have one. This means every entry needs two pictures.

I can't participate until they introduce (C) tails... :laugh:

The Idea

I began this post for a few reasons, one was to check the interest, Another because I think A Miss Calypso/Miss EU
contest should eventually happen.

My concept is different;
I thought it would be a good idea to make use of the runway/catwalk more than once a year.
By having a series of different themes, it will allow for more creativity by the participants.
Several contests means opportunities through out the year to compete & show off new clothing designs & more.
With this use of themes, it is not restricted to females only, both sexes can participate.
I hope to keep the energy light & friendly so everyone feels comfortable joining in the fun.
If it is successful, a monthly contest would be the goal, (with a Calendar as the end result.)
By having smaller contests, we need sponsors, but don't require a huge participation of 'The powers that be'.

I never went to the previous contests, so I have no experience.
I am counting on Leeloo Mt., to guide me & she has great contacts.
I think both Leeloo Mt. & I are open to any suggestions or ideas people have for this.
Nothing is set in stone atm, we are still playing with ideas, but on the verge of completion.
I thought giving it a few days on the forum, might help iron out any wrinkles & solidify the concept.
Plus the feedback is important, success depends on the EU community.

It is a contest, so there will be winners & non-winners, I hope everyone understands that. LOL
If this works well, I would love to be involved with A Miss Calypso(other planets too) & Miss EU contest.

You should go on with this, but make a new announcement thread, and put the date some weeks into the future for it to gather the appropriate attention.

Im sure there is loads of people in game willing to participate or spectate.

I will begin a new thread with all the information in a day or two.

I had proposed organising it in the past in conjunction with the previous organisers, it never cane to fruition though. I would be more than happy to help out with a new one.

We would be grateful for the assistance.

Would love to see fashion show male/female. Anyone involved with beauty and design could sponsor/donate for prizes? I would be interested in sponsoring/donating peds.

Having both sexes involved is part of the idea, more fun that way!
We will need plenty of sponsors, thank you & we will take you up on your offer & anyone else's.

That is a great idea! We can ad it to the list.

And thank you True Juan, I will be in touch, I have a million questions.

Sounds like a fun event :) I hope that you can get it organised.

Has info been posted on Ark forum as well?

Back