Info: Mission Galactica

Looks like they've hired a decent illustrator, so we'll see less ads art atrocities in future.

And also can they be tiered?

john..the decay on the adj chip isnt right,i own 1 and its 0.83 pec decay instead of the 0.5 listed

edited to change decay i posted from 1 pec to 0.83 pec after measuring more accurately

Last edited:
just noted a typo on the OP, stage 9.
Should be metal res, not liver oil.

so 18k ped in tt mats for the first 8 stages? and then 35k ped in the last two stages.

53k ped for all stages more or less, propably more with MU.

Why not just sell them same way you did with the huge succes equus quads :silly2:

eomon drop Vacuum Flux Energy Generator in loots +500 as far i can tell, same goes with osse.

Im betting that they are required in atleast one stage of the stages 7,8,9,10 and are not a substitute for something else :cool:
I actually think that all previous materials will be needed in crate form again for the repeatable part of the mission - maybe so that its separate from doing it the first time but still has the overall same cost.

I think the news piece from MA confirms I win the bet :)

so 18k ped in tt mats for the first 8 stages? and then 35k ped in the last two stages.

53k ped for all stages more or less, propably more with MU.

Why not just sell them same way you did with the huge succes equus quads :silly2:

It's easier to hide the real cost when it's in chunks.

Adjusted Restoration Chip in action, sorry for the bad quality.

Isn't the bad quality just because it is rocktropia?

Just kidding!

Grats to Krukanan Krukan Mertanen for being first to reach Stage X in the mission galactica :D

Thanks to all the received input - first post has been updated accordingly.
Fluske i took your 140 heal per pec estimation in first post.

As a general concern i see the markup on the mission drops fast dropping their way towards tt status - dear Mindark maybe have a look on your droprates if this mission shall be more then an auction purchase and people who really work on it shall have an advantage over standing at the auction ;)

Grats to Krukanan Krukan Mertanen for being first to reach Stage X in the mission galactica :D

Thanks to all the received input - first post has been updated accordingly.
Fluske i took your 140 heal per pec estimation in first post.

As a general concern i see the markup on the mission drops fast dropping their way towards tt status - dear Mindark maybe have a look on your droprates if this mission shall be more then an auction purchase and people who really work on it shall have an advantage over standing at the auction ;)

One problem would be that people are already selling the adjusted chips below TT cost. I find that strange.

On top of that, longtooth are dropping the bio id's.

One problem would be that people are already selling the adjusted chips below TT cost. I find that strange.

On top of that, longtooth are dropping the bio id's.

As usual people are panicing when they see markup of mission items go down rapidly - they just want to recoup a part of what they spent because they dont want to have to hold on to it until the price recovers after the rebalancing.
I guess the high droprates will last until the stage x reward is out and in use and then droprates will get adjusted - mindark usually wants their items 'known' in practical use early on.

so what is the TT cost after stage IX and X ?

Could be that some people jumped onto the chip but found it too small for their gameplay and now aim for higher ones, either by repeating or buying a purple token, and now are in a hurry to free the peds before others started doing the same :)

dear Mindark maybe have a look on your droprates if this mission shall be more then an auction purchase and people who really work on it shall have an advantage over standing at the auction ;)
I'm not sure how motivated they are to do anything about that while they're making a killing in auction fees. Those bio id's get listed almost one by one.

Grats Krukan Krukanan Mertanen for being the first to discover modified restoration chip.

And yes Oleg i guess i owe you a Vacuum Flux Energy Generator.

The crates are not directly required for any of the mission steps, their full purpose seems to be a method of secure transport.
All materials needed for the Mission Galactica quest can be refined into Crates and all of these Crates can be refined back into the original materials.
So when people complain that transport fees for crates are so high on auction, please keep in mind they are not intented to be 'shipped' over auction as they can be securely transported through space.
Each Crate has a weight of 25kg and this weight is intended to be a limiting factor for secure transports.

In my personal opinion:
The galactica mission was designed to take place mainly in pvp with trades in pvp (even the mission texts about 'space faring creatures' suggest that), otherwise the crates would have never been needed - someone at mindark managment then saw that this quest could give markup in hunting loot in so many areas of the game and decided to call it a universal quest.
The fact that was overlooked is that with these mission drops dropping everywhere in the universe the markup on the high tt mission drops is continuously declining and soon will reach the point were people start TTing stuff again because they dont want to be encumbered while on hunt and these drops are all very heavy (every hunting night i carry around 100-150 additional weight on me just from these mission drops in their original form - not crate).
The other reason for tting will be that many hunters dont have the funds to pile up 53,600.5 ped tt value in mission drops while sustaining their hunt - these drops heavily cut into what hunters can cycle daily.
While i can see many hunters going for the advanced restoration chip, the higher level chips will be done by alot less people - reducing the amount of 'needed' mission drops considerably.

I just completed my improved restoration chip and early tests shows very close to 1 pec per heal decay which means 207.81 heal/pec.
Updated in first post.

Its therefor the second most eco heal tool ingame only to be beaten by modified restoration chip.

The crates are not directly required for any of the mission steps, their full purpose seems to be a method of secure transport.
All materials needed for the Mission Galactica quest can be refined into Crates and all of these Crates can be refined back into the original materials.
So when people complain that transport fees for crates are so high on auction, please keep in mind they are not intented to be 'shipped' over auction as they can be securely transported through space.
Each Crate has a weight of 25kg and this weight is intended to be a limiting factor for secure transports.

Firstly, thanks for your work on deciphering the mission requirements and making it available. It really should have been done by MA from the start!

So far I have nowhere else seen that the crates can be refined back into mats (not in chat, threads, or MA info). Maybe I missed it - but could you please say what the refining/derefining cost is? Is it both by weight, as for other stuff.

You say each crate has a weight of 25kg..... have you looked at the weight of a crate of 5k sweat? My thread on AH transportation was not a complaint as such, more of a massive lol that it was even an available option from MA at that price....

Additional: a further huge lol is provided by the MA info about crates - so very helpful!

So, no peds out of the tt if you tt a crate. That does not mean they cannot be looted by pirates, though, does it?

Then (thanks to JBK), the knowledge that crates can be converted back again, so obviously the contents could be tt-ed afterwards anyway if desired!

So, do we have confirmation that crates are non-lootable? They are stackable I've discovered - and are in the mats section..... so according to the rules they would be lootable in pvp too.

unless something has changed the crates are not lootable. has been tested a couple weeks ago.

i wouldn't rely on it, as things seem to change silently here and then, sometimes by will, sometimes by accident :ahh:

yes, i think we are do for testing them again. and as for converting them and back. i can confirm that the oils and bio ids do convert back. The decay on refiner is minimal. I think it took 6k muscle oil converted to crates and back to kill a 2ped refiner.

Additional: a further huge lol is provided by the MA info about crates - so very helpful!

So, no peds out of the tt if you tt a crate. That does not mean they cannot be looted by pirates, though, does it?

Then (thanks to JBK), the knowledge that crates can be converted back again, so obviously the contents could be tt-ed afterwards anyway if desired!

So, do we have confirmation that crates are non-lootable? They are stackable I've discovered - and are in the mats section..... so according to the rules they would be lootable in pvp too.

As i pointed out above, since the crates are not directly used in the mission, their only purpose is for transport through lootable pvp - which means them not being lootable is their main purpose - however as with all the info in this thread - we always figured it out before mindark made a statement on it ;)

I would go even further and say that since this mission originally was planned as a pure lootable pvp mission the crates were designed as a method to store mission drops secure while out in space hunting for several days using a privateer/mothership or spacestation as base to not run at risk of loosing hunting values of several days all at once. However this secure method comes at a slight cost being the decay of the refiner.
It is likely to assume that mindark will use the crate-system for other rare drops in space as well - maybe even extend it to all of them and making them storeable in a privateer/mothership cargo space allowing loot to be store secure while in lootable pvp but at the expense of using a certain amount of limited cargospace on a spacecraft.

Last edited:
Thanks John :)
I've still not actually seen a statement by MA, nor that MA now has this exception to their sometimes-stated-in-support-cases rule about what is lootable in pvp.

You may not have checked yet, but for a laugh do 5k sweat and see the weight (it's also where the absurd theoretical AH transport fee comes from). It makes an MS the equivalent of just a handful of crates! I wonder how many even an MS will be able to transport once weight gets implemented more.....

Depending on normal loot weights when crated, people may not even be able to crate up their stuff at an SS and do a new hunt, even if that is MA's idea to charge a bit for loot safety via 2-way refiner decay. But it seems MA launch everything as beta now anyway and then change it later if the balancing is f.ck.d. I agree that it would be logical to extend crate security to other space mob loots soon as well, yes.

edit: thanks firebird for a rough idea of decay on the refining :)

Werry long term mission.

What are odds that MA will implement (L) version before i get to adj stage, before i get to imp stage or before i get to mod stage?

*big Pandi on Ark drop Vacuum Flux Energy Generator but not so often - 9 vacuum flux in stage 4.

Last edited:
Thanks John :)
I've still not actually seen a statement by MA, nor that MA now has this exception to their sometimes-stated-in-support-cases rule about what is lootable in pvp.

You may not have checked yet, but for a laugh do 5k sweat and see the weight (it's also where the absurd theoretical AH transport fee comes from). It makes an MS the equivalent of just a handful of crates! I wonder how many even an MS will be able to transport once weight gets implemented more.....

Depending on normal loot weights when crated, people may not even be able to crate up their stuff at an SS and do a new hunt, even if that is MA's idea to charge a bit for loot safety via 2-way refiner decay. But it seems MA launch everything as beta now anyway and then change it later if the balancing is f.ck.d. I agree that it would be logical to extend crate security to other space mob loots soon as well, yes.

edit: thanks firebird for a rough idea of decay on the refining :)
001.jpg

you can't see it but there is about 6k muscle oil crates :)

Last edited:
Back