mission restriction or joke?

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
The Iron Challenge atrox mission seems to bar melee weapons. And poison.
Is this true or just an attempt at humor from MA?

atrox_challenge.jpg

Woot, 2000 posts!

The Iron Challenge atrox mission seems to bar melee weapons. And poison.
Is this true or just an attempt at humor from MA?

Woot, 2000 posts!

I believe it's an attempt at humour lol. It was a good try... they still need to work on it though :laugh:

Hmm... has anyone actually tested this?

EDIT: Gz on the 2k posts :)

I'm more curious as to how you're supposed to poison the Atrox. There's no method that I know of that achieves that... so perhaps it's just a joke? Of course the easy way is to accept the challenge and then use melee to see if the quest log counts the kill.

There's a similar message with the Hiryuu and melee works fine on those so I think you can ignore that warning :)

I wouldn't recommend attempting Hiryuu with melee though, I gave up after a few mobs and switched to a gun :D

i don't think Mindark/FPC have quite grasped what good humour is yet but they are getting there ;)

I'm more curious as to how you're supposed to poison the Atrox. There's no method that I know of that achieves that... so perhaps it's just a joke? Of course the easy way is to accept the challenge and then use melee to see if the quest log counts the kill.

Well OFCOURSE it's a joke :duh::rofl:

hilarious

They know what humor is.....

25 blazars for completing a mission!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::lolup:

I'm more curious as to how you're supposed to poison the Atrox.
Acid of course! ;)

bur_ning.jpg

CFA = Calypso Firearms Association. It only makes sense that an organization promoting the use of firearms would discourage the use of melee weapons when participating in events it sponsors.

I want to know how i got about wrestling an atrox:laugh:

I want to know how i got about wrestling an atrox:laugh:

First find a crafter who has looted the Jello BP. Then find an animal tamer to lure the atrox to the ring. Then find a promoter to promote the event in a tour of all the major towns with rings in them.

After that all you need is a high level tailor to make you a spandex wrestling outfit and yer good to go..

It's a sick joke and an insult to the melee users :rolleyes: ... and it does not work as I slashed my troxies with my blade and got the attribute award anyway :D

/Slupor

Acid of course! ;)

bur_ning.jpg

wow I didn`t know we have a poisoned blade yet! :D cool stuff
Well it`s a joke ofc and I must admit I like the humour of the quests. Btw obviously it`s not MA`s humour but the humour of the quest writer. we got an interview from him a few days ago. Why do I need a weapon in scools? :laugh:

Hopefully that will be a new hunting method in the future... Poison, throw a vail with some acid on them and they take damage over time.. would be cool with mobs that did this too! (Not throwing, I mean just doing damage over time)

For example, when the mob hit you, you will take 10 acid damage each 3 seconds for 15 seconds. If the creature hits you again during these 15 seconds, it will increase to 20 acid damage every 3 seconds but still lasting 15 seconds. Keeps going until you or mob are dead :D ...

Could be a new uber mob, put high regen and high hp with it and try to solo that.... :D increasing damage with each hit ftw ... Make the game more unpredictible? :D

*yawn*

Once again, people....

CFA = Calypso FIREARMS Association.

There's a similar message with the Hiryuu and melee works fine on those so I think you can ignore that warning :)

I wouldn't recommend attempting Hiryuu with melee though, I gave up after a few mobs and switched to a gun :D

I'm using a sword on them now and having no issues :)

ive gone through 3 challenges already merps argo and armax did all with my good old trusty club so yea def a joke :) too bad we dont have posion that be cool !

Random association: one of the weapon shop gun nuts in GTA described a Uzi - works well in crowded locations. :D

Random association: one of the weapon shop gun nuts in GTA described a Uzi - works well in crowded locations. :D

More random association, this time from the film Jackie Brown:

Ordell Robbie: "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room, accept no substitutes."

Ordell Robbie: "Now that there is the Tec-9, a crappy spray gun from South Miami. This gun is advertised as the most popular gun in American crime. Do you believe that shit? It actually says that in the little book that comes with it: the most popular gun in American crime. Like they're actually proud of that shit."

Was a great film.

Last edited:
Back