Mission Rewards Rebalancing Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Mission Rewards Rebalancing Update[/h]Based on feedback from participants and summer scheduling issues, the implementation of rebalanced mission rewards -- originally scheduled for August 21 -- will be postponed until the October 9th Planet Partner Release.

In addition, a new system for the awarding of attributes will be implemented with the October 9th release, utilizing new items called Attribute Tokens. This system will give planet partners the ability to create missions which award fractional amounts of attributes, and thereby greatly increase the number of creatures which are able to offer attribute rewards through missions.

The new Attribute Tokens, which are non-tradable, exist in five types -- Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Psyche and Stamina -- and can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for points in the associated attribute, at a ratio of 100 Attribute Tokens per attribute point. This system allows participants to decide for themselves the best time to receive the attribute point reward, rather than being forced to receive the reward at the moment of mission completion.

Originally Posted Here

This system allows participants to decide for themselves the best time to receive the attribute point reward, rather than being forced to receive the reward at the moment of mission completion.

Originally Posted Here
Not sure why a participant would want to decide this for themselves, but hey-ho.

Not sure why a participant would want to decide this for themselves, but hey-ho.

Because they want to get higher attributes from natural skilling before getting the rewards (since attributes go up easier at lower levels), yet keep doing the mission at the same time :)

So how about the substance of the reward changes.....

[h=3]Mission Rewards Rebalancing Update[/h]Based on feedback from participants and summer scheduling issues, the implementation of rebalanced mission rewards -- originally scheduled for August 21 -- will be postponed until the October 9th Planet Partner Release.

Great!

But could you also tell us specifically what changes will be made so we can plan our activities before Oct 9 and not just guess what may or may not still be there after the changes?

Great!

But could you also tell us specifically what changes will be made so we can plan our activities before Oct 9 and not just guess what may or may not still be there after the changes?

If they don't give such information ppl are forced to do all missions just so they can be prepared which is a win for MA. :laugh:

If they don't give such information ppl are forced to do all missions just so they can be prepared which is a win for MA. :laugh:

I've done a lot of missions and still don't have time to do "all missions" left so they wouldn't get any more activity out of me and probably not many others. But I would be a happier player if I didn't have to just guess at what I need to do.

I've done a lot of missions and still don't have time to do "all missions" left so they wouldn't get any more activity out of me and probably not many others. But I would be a happier player if I didn't have to just guess at what I need to do.

Yeah. MA actually promised to get that info out there in plenty of time. So When, oh, when is it coming?

jay :)

I think pushing the date back is a good thing, although I suspect it's more because they aren't going to be ready rather than our wishes :).

The fractional rewards sound great, I still think that you will end up better with the current rewards if attributes are your goal. They have already hinted that some of the attribute rewards on RT were what prompted this change, so there would be no reason for the change unless they are planning to reduce them.

So instead of giving any answers to real question that live on the forum. They just postpone things so they don't have to answer now? :confused:

The new Attribute Tokens, which are non-tradable....

Kind of a big deal. I know attributes were not chipable but almost (all?) things looted or awarded in Entropia have always been tradeable. The whole real cash economy vision thing and all.

Love the beret.

I HATE the fact that it can be bought and sold. What good are the Berets if you don't know if the person wearing it was an 'original' colonist.

Thanks for the gift MA. It should have been non-tradeable.

It is not in line with the real cash economy vision for Entropia to have non-tradeable items.

Perhaps the last bit of Marco's hand is now gone from Entropia.

Kind of a big deal. I know attributes were not chipable but almost (all?) things looted or awarded in Entropia have always been tradeable. The whole real cash economy vision thing and all.

Perhaps the last bit of Marco's hand is now gone from Entropia.

They are probably non-tradeable in the spirit of attributes which are non-chippable.

WHEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I like the postponement.

Why would you not want to be in control of your avatar? Why would you not want to be able to decide if you want more psyche, agility or strength? Why would you not want to be able to collect points for as long as you want and then decide ? As an example, the choice between stamina, strength and psyche might depend at a future date on the effects of these attributes on the avatar, something that relies on future events and that is thus presently totally outside of your control. No you will have at least some control.

So I have the feffoid 500 mission done but want to wait until the rebalancing to finish that iron mission as I woudl rather not get the nova fragments. Will this work? I still want to hunt feffoids but I don't want to accept the 500 iron mission until after the rebalancing.

Just don't think of the tokens as items but as a delayed, frozen in time, attribute increase :). Which is a really nice feature that gives young players a reason not to postpone the missions for later.

Why would you not want to be in control of your avatar? Why would you not want to be able to decide if you want more psyche, agility or strength?
I think you misunderstood a bit - the tokens aren't universal, you can't decide on which attributes you'd like to spend them. But still it's cool, because allows you to not increase the attributes with missions while you still can increase them naturally (and later, after 80-90+, get a huge instant boost with your pile of tokens)

Last edited:
Nice, first force other PP's to change their mission rewards & then postpone it for Calypso :handjob:

Why would you not want to be in control of your avatar? Why would you not want to be able to decide if you want more psyche, agility or strength? Why would you not want to be able to collect points for as long as you want and then decide ? As an example, the choice between stamina, strength and psyche might depend at a future date on the effects of these attributes on the avatar, something that relies on future events and that is thus presently totally outside of your control. No you will have at least some control.
Well if it bothers you that much then don't do the mission to earn the reward. Simple, the ultimate control.

... This system allows participants to decide for themselves the best time to receive the attribute point reward, rather than being forced to receive the reward at the moment of mission completion.

I think this is a great idea. You can do the missions but put off the attribute gain until it is more valuable to you. Nice.

[h=3]Mission Rewards Rebalancing Update[/h]Based on feedback from participants

This is the part that i like the most.
Is MA learning or is the volume now turned up so high it cant be ignored? :p
or a bit of both? :)
i dont see how some can be surprised or unhappy at the postponement if they have to change things based on our feedback.

i dont see how some can be surprised or unhappy at the postponement if they have to change things based on our feedback.

That or they've seen how much people are spending trying to complete the missions and decided to extend the time to get a bit more cash in

Nice, first force other PP's to change their mission rewards & then postpone it for Calypso :handjob:

According to ND, the changing of the missions on RT was a mistake made by his team, not forced by MA. I'm sure this extension applies to Arkadia as well.

Hurrah!

I can get some sleep now and take the frantic mission grinding a little easier. :zzz:

Thank you!

I would prefer it if they got feedback from people who actually play EU rather than those who spend most of their time complaining loudly and repetitively on forums.

That said, I think this change is a fairly popular one. To me it seems rather pointless to extend the deadline while still not telling us what the changes will be.

are the skill rewards changing at all or just attributes at this stage?

I think you misunderstood a bit - the tokens aren't universal, you can't decide on which attributes you'd like to spend them. But still it's cool, because allows you to not increase the attributes with missions while you still can increase them naturally (and later, after 80-90+, get a huge instant boost with your pile of tokens)

Right, I missed the part of five types. My bad.

Just don't think of the tokens as items but as a delayed, frozen in time, attribute increase :). Which is a really nice feature that gives young players a reason not to postpone the missions for later.

Yup. To sum up for those who didn't read the previous episodes in the epic saga of the mission reward rebalance, at level 100, your attributes for all intents and purposes stop moving. The only way to get higher than 100 is then to get attribute rewards after that point. With this in mind, some players waited to do the missions while increasing their attributes through skilling. Attribute tokens will allow such players to do the missions and defer the increase in attribute until later. The main problem is that the tokens come AFTER the change to the missions, and we don't know exactly what the change will entail, so it's basically russian roulette.

It may be possible to choose the type of attribute, just like it's possible to chose between skills.

are the skill rewards changing at all or just attributes at this stage?

What we've been told (pitifully little) is that the missions will change to be like the newer missions. That is, they will award small amounts of skill at each step instead of a lump sum skill reward at the end. This means you're going to want to finish any chain you've progressed beyond, say, the 1k reward in. It's also reasonable to believe that many missions that currently give multiple attribute gains (1 point in each) will give only a fraction (which is better than NONE, and enabled by the new token system). We were supposed to be told more specifically, but the silence since we were told that such information would be forthcoming has stretched now for many weeks.

However, i think it's safe to say that the old Iron Challenge mission rewards will be "nerfed" across the board.

Here's what Artrat had to say on the subject in another thread:
I'm pretty sure it's this one :(. Based on what I can see with the Nusul and Riptor missions on Arkadia I suspect many of the lower level missions will have their stamina reward changed :(.

If we have a look at all the missions that we know to conform to the new guidelines (I'm going to leave RT out as who knows what's gonna happen there :rolleyes:):

Traeskeron (180Hps): Skill Skill Skill Skill Agility+Skill
Nusul (330 Hps): Skill Skill BP Skill Pysche+skill
Riptor (950 Hps): Skill Skill BP Strength Stamina+skill
Rextelum (1980 Hps): Skill Skill Skill Skill Stamina+Skill
Leviathan (3380 Hps): Skill Skill Skill Skill ????(Presumably stamina+skill)

From this I think there are a few things we can guess at (for stages 1-5):

No mob under 330 hps will reward stamina.
No mob under 330hps will reward more than one attribute
Mobs over 950 hps may reward stamina
Mobs over 950 hps may reward more than 1 attribute

The Argo Silver reward (skill only) also muddies the water a bit. This leads me to believe that there is a certain amount of attributes that are allowed to be given out per mob depending on hp/difficulty. The lack of a attribute reward for stage 4 Levi and Rext could be just personal choice of the devs (i.e. more skill instead of attribute), or they may be saving the attributes for some later stages.

So I suspect for Argos (300 hps) they are only allowed to give out 2 attributes (only 1 for stages 1-5), I imagine the final skill rewards will look something like this:

stage 1: Skill
stage 2: Skill
stage 3: Skill
stage 4: Skill
stage 5: Non-stamina attribute + skill
Bronze: Stamina + skill
Silver: skill

All just guesswork of course

Last edited:

In addition, a new system for the awarding of attributes will be implemented with the October 9th release, utilizing new items called Attribute Tokens. This system will give planet partners the ability to create missions which award fractional amounts of attributes, and thereby greatly increase the number of creatures which are able to offer attribute rewards through missions.

The new Attribute Tokens, which are non-tradable, exist in five types -- Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Psyche and Stamina -- and can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for points in the associated attribute, at a ratio of 100 Attribute Tokens per attribute point. This system allows participants to decide for themselves the best time to receive the attribute point reward, rather than being forced to receive the reward at the moment of mission completion.

Originally Posted Here

Great news! I just hope we can still get an entire point of stamina over the course of a mission chain and that doesn't get nerfed.

I dont understand why MA doesnt simplify the system and make the attribute tokens universal then the participant can decide what attribute to increase when they have 100 tokens.

Thanks for the quote Doer :).

That is mostly guesswork, and I actually think they will change the missions mentioned above to align with the new fractional attribute system. It's also impossible to make any firm guesses because we still don't know how many stages as there are in each mission chain, we've seen up to 7 but for all we know it may go up to 10 or more.

My feeling is that the new mission guidelines will probably be applied independently to each stage.

So for every xxxx total hitpoints involved in completing a mission stage (possibly modified by other factors like regen rate and max damage), the PP will have the choice of whether to award:

• xx fractional attribute points, possibly weighted by attribute; or
  • xx TT of skill (we know they do consider MU in this equation to a certain extent); or
  • Item or blueprint (Who knows what guidelines they are using for this; I hope they have them. Wouldn't want to see the missions being changed AGAIN :()
  • xx Mission Tokens

I'm still convinced that if attributes are your priority, you will do better under the current system, particularly if you're already in the 75+ attribute bracket. So I still aim to get as many as I can before the deadline.

To me the only advantage of waiting is that the new attribute fragments can be saved up untill later when my attributes are higher, but if the total number of points available is going to be significantly less then I would rather get them now.

Back