Question: Mission rewards - Tokens or Skills?

LunaMoon

Provider
Lunareth Luna Moon
Hello,

just curious, when you finish a mission, how do you decided when it is best to pick tokens over actual skills as reward?

Early on attribute tokens seems like a secondary choice, since you want to increase your skills to improve the number of weapon choices and your defensive capabilities.

I was thinking that I'd start picking attribute tokens when I start hitting 10k skill points in the specific skill that is rewarded, what are your thoughts on that?

i.e. if I have 10145 rifle skill and the choice is let's say 40 ped rifle skill or 15 ped rifle skill and 100 stamina tokens, at this point I personally would consider the second choice to be better, since 40 ped rifle will hardly affect my stats anyway. (The numbers might be totally wrong, it is simply an example to clarify what I'm talking about)

A secondary question, any point in picking up attribute tokens for anything other than agility and stamina? (I don't really use mind force or melee weapons), should I pick up strenght tokens anyway?

Just an FYI, I don't have 10k in any skill yet, but I'm slowly working my way up towards it.

//Luna

If there are stamina tokens as reward, I take them, as missions are the only source of stamina. Not much use for it, but who knows what future might bring, so better be safe than sorry.

Also stamina has a great advantage that I can apply it immediately without doubts, and not keep the tokens in the storage for years thinking that it's not yet the time :)

Otherwise I take skills.

I go with tokens every time, mostly because you cannot buy them like you can skills, and they affect a wide variety of things. Stats are forever, skills are not.

I did notice alot of good benefit restarting as a noob who cashed out with high stats as well.

Take only Stamina Token, as there is no other source for Stamina.

All other tokens I leave alone and take the skills, just because I can chip out and sell that once I am done with EU.

Actually not in sight that I will be done with EU but who knows :)

In past i was taking only stamina (even though there IS repetable hunting mission you can get 1 stamina from). But now also i take the agility too -> more speed = less defense cost and the 25% acceleration bonus cap is not enough already ;) (i want more run speed!).

Why i take the agility? I am already almost 79 agi and from 80 i will be eating tokens. Why is that? Because it takes damn forever to get +1 agi now. Estimation to get +1 for me is cycling around 100-150k peds... How people got to 200 agi - i have no idea...

I set myself the border at 80 agi and will stick to it ;).

@edit:
does the agi make huge difference in run speed - no. Having 50 more agility will increase your run speed around 3.5% - tested with friend (so comapred to how cheap you can get the buffs now its almost nothing) but then here is this 25% cap anyway...

Falagor
:bandit:

Thanks for all the answers. Some follow up question: Do you guys save the attribute tokens (all other than stam) or do you use them at once?

What I am basically asking is would it be better to save the attribute tokens until a certain point? Since the "natural" increase becomes slower due to the stagnation of skills when they reach higher skill points? Or do skills have nothing to do with it? Entropedia claims the following in regards to agility gain: "Agility is easily gained by being attacked by mobs.".

"Choice" is, by definition, a personal thing. Each of us make them for a single reason: We choose what we believe will be of best use to us. (Or hurt us least, but that's a choice for a different situation)

Those who treasure attributes most, will go for the tokens. The opposite for those who prize skills.

I have a friend who picks his missions specifically on which attribute tokens they give. And he stores certain tokens, waiting to get his "free points" until after he passes certain naturally skilled goals. His belief that will be best for him. His choice. My choice is almost exactly opposite of his. Neither of us are wrong. We simply have different personal goals/paths.

You will get people here who will tell you what they chose, and their reasoning behind it. And the reasoning will make sense, because they are. But their goals are not 100% yours.

After all the opinions are read, you must come back to the question: "What is my short/long-term goal(s), and by extension, which choices seem to help get me there the best?"

Which do you think will benefit you best? The answer is in that simple question.

And yes, I am fully aware that this post did not help you in any way whatsoever. Still, every word I wrote was 100% correct. Frustrating, isn't it? :laugh:

@JohnCapital i know what you are getting at. I ask because others on this forum have much longer experience with entropia than I do. So while the choice definitley is mine, it does help to have more info on the subject.

You are however wrong, your post did provide info I didn't think about. I had not considered that 100 attribute tokens would simply push you to the next full digit rather than a whole point. So if I understand your friends reasoning right he uses the tokens when he just reaches i.e. 80.0 agi you get 81.0 rather than i.e. 79.9 to reach 80.0?

You will always have a "full" point..79,9 will be 80,9 !

You will always have a "full" point..79,9 will be 80,9 !

Okay. Well then I see no point in holding on to tokens. Will simply use them as I get em.

Okay. Well then I see no point in holding on to tokens. Will simply use them as I get em.

Well getting for example Agility from 10 to 11 take less effort then from 80 to 81. So it might be worth to reach some higher value on such attribute before you start using the tokens.
Just see it like skills. Will you get for example 100 points in rifle while you have 1k rifle points or when you have already 10k points?

Last edited:

Disagree with that conclusion. From what Goni said, it sounds like the boost from 200 to 201 agility is infinitely more meaningful than jumping from say, 60 to 61.

Edit: ... Damn you Skorp!

Ok so what's the "cap" I should aim for? Are there any softcaps at all? Because if there aren't, I'll probably just go "just one more attribute point then I can use up my tokens" (and this will probably go on for eternity).

Ok so what's the "cap" I should aim for? Are there any softcaps at all? Because if there aren't, I'll probably just go "just one more attribute point then I can use up my tokens" (and this will probably go on for eternity).

Like i said - i have "personal" border to start eating token for agility at +80. Reason is: untill reaching 50 agility it was going up VERY fast. At 50->70 it was slow but noticable. Now i need to cycle roughly 100-150k peds to gain 1 agility.

Of course it would be "best" to start eating tokens at +100 but that will take few years of play from 80 to 100.

So my personal opinion best boder is at 80.

Falagor
:bandit:

It does make sense to start using tokens only when you completely gave up on skilling the attribute naturally.

Let's assume that you need 1 week to go from 60 to 61, 10 weeks to get from 80 to 81, and 20 weeks to get from 90 to 91 naturally (abstract values to display how much it slows down). A rhetoric question - at what of those points your desire for those 100 tokens would be maximal?

Now let's say, you are 80 in agility and use 100 tokens and now you are 81. You could wait for 10 weeks and become 82 with those tokens, but now, going from 81 naturally, 10 weeks later you still won't be 82. Each time you use tokens, you hamper your natural progress and waste a bit of their potential.

Best is to set some finish line and eat all tokens upon reaching it. Of course you will be tempted to put that line off all the time and may end up never using them at all, and that's exactly the reason why I don't take tokens.

im at 71 agility now, and i can see the progress is nearly stopped, i was planning to save until 80ish too then start using them.

Stamina tho, been after the stamina changes i only have 3 points, is it worth using them or do you think it could be changed and made into a normal skill

Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions but every bit of information helps. Guess my "soft cap" will be 80. Gonna save up tokens until then.

Also forgot to consider one factor. While the missions aren't unlimited there are more than plenty to go around and (hopefully) they keep reintroducing new missions now and then.

Also forgot to consider one factor. While the missions aren't unlimited there are more than plenty to go around and (hopefully) they keep reintroducing new missions now and then.

As well as removing and changing old ones. The 2012 mission rewards rebalancing removed many of attributes rewards (back then the full attribute points were applied right away like skills, without tokens) and whole missions, and most of us of course were rest assured that we have all the time in the world to do them. MA did announce the upcoming change few months ahead, but there is only so much you can do in limited time. From what I heard, RT alone had 20+ agility points from missions that don't exist anymore.

As well as removing and changing old ones. The 2012 mission rewards rebalancing removed many of attributes rewards (back then the full attribute points were applied right away like skills, without tokens) and whole missions, and most of us of course were rest assured that we have all the time in the world to do them. MA did announce the upcoming change few months ahead, but there is only so much you can do in limited time. From what I heard, RT alone had 20+ agility points from missions that don't exist anymore.

Wow that really sucks Feffox butt

Ahh, the nerf... :rolleyes:

Back