• I want Low Maturity

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
So most of us know that certain items drop in waves but often several mobs can drop the same type of item.

So my question would then be since stuff drop in waves wouldnt it be better to have LA's with mixed mobs?

If we for example have only one mob it might be in a bad "wave" and thus just drop crap. If we instead put for example 3 or 4 different mobs on the same LA the chances that one of them should be in a good "wave" would be higher.

Also should the maturities be high or low? Higher maturities have a slightly higher chance of dropping more rare stuff than lower maturities.

Not a work this way, I think. ;p

lool

I think u should not set the poll option 'I want low maturity'. Ppl might associate it with pedo...

Wanted to point out having consistent maturity makes it easier to plan out what armor and plates you need. Also it will make the parts of the loot table you access more consistent too. I personally rather see an array of Low, Middle, or high maturity not a mix.

Kosmos

Mixed LA's in general are a bad idea and where never popular in the past. It's hard to find 2 mobs that are compatible.

And you can also turn your argument around. If one of the mobs on the la is looting like crap, you will kill your profit if the other mob is looting shit.

Mixed LA's in general are a bad idea and where never popular in the past. It's hard to find 2 mobs that are compatible.

And you can also turn your argument around. If one of the mobs on the la is looting like crap, you will kill your profit if the other mob is looting shit.

well there are mobs you can hunt with ghost+5b for example. One could have a mix or atrox, atrax, maffoid and foul for example. And have all somewhat high maturity.

And if one mob loots good the markup from any items you will get should counter the bad looting one. so i just said the reversed of your argument :p but yes i agree it can be both good and bad.

One of the biggest challenges would likely be the availability, or lack thereof, for DNA.

And as Einstein says, finding a mix that people are OK with is damn near impossible. I would think the majority of hunters consider what item they would like to loot and then consult Entropedia to determine which mob drops that item. Then a quick check of the list of LAs to see where that lives. If there are two LAs listed with (for example) Gradivore... but one also has Atrox you can bet the one without Atrox will get the visit.

it's a know fact it works that way :)

Really? Because to me it seemed like every other theory around ... just wild speculation, with absolutely no credible, proven or repeatable evidence.

But hey, what do I know.

I don't mind the occasional allophyls though on your LA - they're pretty much optional.

On the other hand, I wonder who at MA decided to put Tezlapods in the spider LA :duh:

On the other hand, I wonder who at MA decided to put Tezlapods in the spider LA :duh:

Agreed... and the Bristlehogs...

You mean in the same way it's a known fact that if the pope farts it'll be rain?

I'm with addz on this one

so far the results seems to be fairly even :p

You mean in the same way it's a known fact that if the pope farts it'll be rain?

I'm with addz on this one

You of one i thought should know this :p

Go hunt and certain items drop for a while, then it changes to slightly differnt items can be paints that drop for a while and then it's extractors of a certain type instead and so on. same goes for armor parts and weapons and so on.

I know from the fact of the balance of my PEDcard that it does not.
If loot suxx in one are, it is not really mob dependend. If it was, it should not be better in another area on the same mob.
I believe in the one and only truth, the the only real fact is, that only MA knows (a bit :D ) how it works .
Anything else are assumptions.
Those who make a few correct assumptions would never tell them, if they profit :D

I know from the fact of the balance of my PEDcard that it does not.
If loot suxx in one are, it is not really mob dependend. If it was, it should not be better in another area on the same mob.
I believe in the one and only truth, the the only real fact is, that only MA knows (a bit :D ) how it works .
Anything else are assumptions.
Those who make a few correct assumptions would never tell them, if they profit :D

no it's not just mobdependant, it's mob and area dependant :)

generall bad, though if the balance is right it can work and can make slightly less monotonous hunting. few mob combinations seem to be available though.

im sort of in agreement with Legion on the one mob makes up for the other theory. i used to switch between adjacent LA for this reason to good effect, though its true you can get caught if both are poor, so its not much better than sticking to one mob.

generall bad, though if the balance is right it can work and can make slightly less monotonous hunting. few mob combinations seem to be available though.

im sort of in agreement with Legion on the one mob makes up for the other theory. i used to switch between adjacent LA for this reason to good effect, though its true you can get caught if both are poor, so its not much better than sticking to one mob.

A problem is that some land owners don't have the gut feeling of the difference between mobs that people actually want to hunt and mobs that more or less just causes decay on the PED card.

To give an example: There once was a land area which announced itself as a mining LA.
Case 1: Without telling anyone, the land owner implemented fungoids and atrax, full density. Especially since land area was way off, I think few people would return to it.
Case 2: Land owner implemented small molisks. Miners were ok with this. Then the land owners implemented sabakuma stalkers also. Miners became mad and the landowners oppinion was more or less "uh? aren't sabakumas fun?".

Case 1: Without telling anyone, the land owner implemented fungoids and atrax, full density. Especially since land area was way off, I think few people would return to it.

i know the LA of which you speak (think there was Foul there too) and its an example of what not to do. but on the other hand some mobs might work: Atrox and Spiders; Longu and Ambu; Aurli and Kreltlin; Warriors and Drones.

You of one i thought should know this :p

Go hunt and certain items drop for a while, then it changes to slightly differnt items can be paints that drop for a while and then it's extractors of a certain type instead and so on. same goes for armor parts and weapons and so on.

I know there's 101 different theories.. this is a popular one, but to my knowledge no statistical evidence has ever been posting supporting the theory. Just because a theory is popular it doesn't make it right, just look at the "perception gain mining theory" :p

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm saying it's never been close to be proven, and as the skeptic I am I never take nothing for granted :)

no it's not just mobdependant, it's mob and area dependant :)

Aye...if a Feff farts in the mist he is carrying a Korss400 and if it is without mist it is just an animal oil ressidue.
Sorry, but you assuming too much in too little hard data.
If you cycle say 20k PEDs in ammo, it makes absolutely no difference if the area is empty or not. If you camp an area the whole time, sometimes it you will notice good returns as well as bad and on average you will have your 90% return.
If you do 100 PED runs and jump from area to area all the time, because you did not global after 10 PEDs spent, you can make assumptions that certain areas and certain mobs behave different, but that does not prove anything and has absolutely no statistical value.
Don't know how many millions I have cycled till now, but there is surely no pattern like "if mob a does not loot in that area, then mob b will do that for sure" . And I do not believe that there is any such pattern, else one would not have a bad streak in an area and and only 10 minutes later after getting new ammo have a good run on exactly the same spot.

A problem is that some land owners don't have the gut feeling of the difference between mobs that people actually want to hunt and mobs that more or less just causes decay on the PED card.

To give an example: There once was a land area which announced itself as a mining LA.
Case 2: Land owner implemented small molisks. Miners were ok with this. Then the land owners implemented sabakuma stalkers also. Miners became mad and the landowners oppinion was more or less "uh? aren't sabakumas fun?".

the mobs i was thinking of was these.

tripudon
foul
atrax
and maybe trox

full maturity on the trip and foul and not totally highest on the trox and trax
as for spawn it would have to be carefully monitored ie not max spawn. max spawns suck major ass to hunt on, any mob.

for example neas totally suck major donkeyballs to hunt on due to to many mobs, why later down in my reply.

I know there's 101 different theories.. this is a popular one, but to my knowledge no statistical evidence has ever been posting supporting the theory. Just because a theory is popular it doesn't make it right, just look at the "perception gain mining theory" :p

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm saying it's never been close to be proven, and as the skeptic I am I never take nothing for granted :)

Aye...if a Feff farts in the mist he is carrying a Korss400 and if it is without mist it is just an animal oil ressidue.
Sorry, but you assuming too much in too little hard data.
If you cycle say 20k PEDs in ammo, it makes absolutely no difference if the area is empty or not. If you camp an area the whole time, sometimes it you will notice good returns as well as bad and on average you will have your 90% return.
If you do 100 PED runs and jump from area to area all the time, because you did not global after 10 PEDs spent, you can make assumptions that certain areas and certain mobs behave different, but that does not prove anything and has absolutely no statistical value.
Don't know how many millions I have cycled till now, but there is surely no pattern like "if mob a does not loot in that area, then mob b will do that for sure" . And I do not believe that there is any such pattern, else one would not have a bad streak in an area and and only 10 minutes later after getting new ammo have a good run on exactly the same spot.

reply to the two quotes above.

all i can say is that when it comes to skillgains, every time i have gotten good loot i have gotten certain skillgains just before.

And some of my theories i have shared with my socmates and most of them have seen a major improvement in their returns :)

tripudon
foul
atrax
and maybe trox

full maturity on the trip and foul and not totally highest on the trox and trax
as for spawn it would have to be carefully monitored ie not max spawn. max spawns suck major ass to hunt on, any mob.

for example neas totally suck major donkeyballs to hunt on due to to many mobs, why later down in my reply.

reply to the two quotes above.

all i can say is that when it comes to skillgains, every time i have gotten good loot i have gotten certain skillgains just before.

And some of my theories i have shared with my socmates and most of them have seen a major improvement in their returns :)

I have gotten the same skillgains on bad runs that I have gotten on good runs.
I think my record was 5 perception gains in a row while carpet bombing and did not find anything special. On other ocassions I had almost no skill gain messages and return was amazing. Level 17 propecting might still be noobish, but if there was even the slightest correlation with level 52 laser pistoleer I should have gotten at least a hint what which skill gain means, and I have surely tried almost any theory out there.
The theories circulating are as much facts as a religion can prove the existance of god. They both rely on hope and faith and prove absolutely nothing.
I think unless one has level 100 in all profession, all assumptions are not really reliable.

And as for Neas...spent there quite some time, allways the same spot, allways in the middle of a dense spawn. One 500 PED run was good, next good, next soso, next good, then bad...absolutely random. Only "fact" was that after 2-3 bad runs one good run had to follow sooner or later.

I have gotten the same skillgains on bad runs that I have gotten on good runs.
I think my record was 5 perception gains in a row while carpet bombing and did not find anything special. On other ocassions I had almost no skill gain messages and return was amazing. Level 17 propecting might still be noobish, but if there was even the slightest correlation with level 52 laser pistoleer I should have gotten at least a hint what which skill gain means, and I have surely tried almost any theory out there.
The theories circulating are as much facts as a religion can prove the existance of god. They both rely on hope and faith and prove absolutely nothing.
I think unless one has level 100 in all profession, all assumptions are not really reliable.

And as for Neas...spent there quite some time, allways the same spot, allways in the middle of a dense spawn. One 500 PED run was good, next good, next soso, next good, then bad...absolutely random. Only "fact" was that after 2-3 bad runs one good run had to follow sooner or later.

thing is certain skillgains can mean more than one thing, but now were not discussing that here really. but my exam will prove it or disporove it, you just gotta wait a month or two :D

I'm with Legion on the loot cycle part. I have the feeling that when I'm hunting strong Combiboes there are kinda periods. For example.
1) Start : Wool and hide period
2) Middle : Armour period
3) End : Extractor period

Other mobs can very well have the same patern, but then spread out over a much longer period of time. Haven't there been posts before questioning whether anyone looted a Korss H400 (L), CB13 (L), ESI or what not lately?

However, I don't think a mixed spawn in land areas is a solution. We got Government lands for that. A good land area is managed by creating a unique spawn of one mob. Free of other mobs that causes trouble.

PS. If someone thinks you got to prove it first! Bugger off, all I read lately is that you gotta spend 10.000 PEDs minimum or else it means nothing! I don't have that. Period. Spend that much yourself if that's what pleases you or be content with 100 PED testings.

:):wise::)

I hate mixed LAs, I want a red radar and the maturity depents on the mob. Strong mobs should have a little maturity.

tripudon
foul
atrax
and maybe trox
This mob should have max. maturity.;)

Back