• Total voters

mephy

Old
Society
NBK Elite
Max mephy Gordon
Hi!

I've heard 2 diffrenet theories -

1. You should do just 1 thing to be eco - hunting / mining or crafting. You wont get good return mixing them.
2. Mixing is ok, mining after bad hunt should return your expenditures.

What do you think?

It's called "taking the pool" You mine an area and kill the creatures there. Sometimes this ends up in huge returns, other times you take a loss in both hunting and mining.

depends on the area really

It is exceedingly rare to find an area good to hunt AND mine at the same time..... thus I recommend keeping them separate. That being said if the area has atrox or eviserators in it...... well, go for the globals!

In the old occulus area NW of Oshiri, I never once had a loss when combining hunting big ocu with mining enmatter there. One might be bad, but the other always made up for it. And when once in a while they were both "on" it was a great day.

Ofc MA had to kill my area and mob :(

I wouldn't mix, but not for this reason. In my experience, it's nearly impossible to get good drop spacing while hunting, it is too distracting. I've watched other people do it, and they always forget how far they are from their last drop while shooting. I suppose it is possible if you track X/Y coords, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, I would not mix them if you are an inefficient hunter. Mining has nearly perfect economy: you know exactly how much one drop will cost, and the minimum return is equal to that cost. If you haven't maxxed the gun or are hunting over your head, I would just stop hunting and mine only.

However, recently I've been experimenting with the no-loot rate of hunting vs the nrf rate of mining. It seems that I can affect the no-loot rate if I get a nrf just before looting the corpse. However, it does not help if you hit something, which then increases the no-loot rate.

Back