MM Scammers - Take the money and run!

Maybe Star should offer 60k PED, that would increase the profit of one of the scammers, on the 100% loss to the others, compared to the actual sales attempt!
And hell this people are scammers, don´t think they give a shit about their friends if it comes to increased profit.
It is just 1 more scam, and they did it already, what they could lose?
Reputation? Imho they give a shit about their REP, they are just greedy assholes, nothing more!

Well it wouldnt be so good for one of them to take this offer since they probably have more scammed items that they will split the sales with so if one of them sells the MM he will not get peds for the other items. Although I believe from the start that these three scammers might only be one or two persons that know eachother very well irl. Why? Because scammers should be smart enough not trusting eachother. The only other way is for them to have some sort of safety, like handing over peds when dealing these items around.

OP wrote that after the item was recieved one of them will get the 50 k peds, and do you really think that he will give the peds then ;) . Even if this isnt a scam from OP and he is willing to pay one of the scammers 50 k, it will not be wise since its not good to sell to a person that has gone public with this. They will probably prefer to make a more shady deal.

The problem that the scammers will have is finding a buyer, because most ppl already know which ppl is the scammers by now, it is (in swedish law, dunno with other countries) illegal to buy an item that you know is stolen. So I dont think anyone will be stupid enough to buy it while this news is still hot. The scammers will probably deal this MM around many second avatars first so that even mindark/fpc will have a hard time keeping track of the item and the buyers.

Anyways hopefully these scammers will be caught and banned for the stolen items and that mindark/fpc will give the items to the rightful owners. But making threads like this will not help and it feels like OP just want the rep and glory. It would even be better making a buythread "buying a MM that three avatars own, will pay 1/3 of the price" :rolleyes: . I think they would more likely want this deal since I dont call them scammers nor do I state that this MM I want is stolen.

I bet you know where they are living, but you just miss balls to buy that ticket and met them irl :((, so you hire lawyer and you pray to have it solved in 10 year by legal way... BULLSHIT !

Coming by yourself to Sweden, entering someone's hose, beating up TimmiRilort and making the transaction could be seen as a crime in Sweden (if u get cought) ))

and if you are turkish big chances are you'll be deported back to Turkey. Now you can be as tough as nails, eat rats for breakfast and pee sulphuric acid - turkish jail is damn hard place to spend even a week, let alone a year or so.

I understand why they chose for legal proceedings ))

Coming by yourself to Sweden, entering someone's hose, beating up TimmiRilort and making the transaction could be seen as a crime in Sweden (if u get cought) ))

and if you are turkish big chances are you'll be deported back to Turkey. Now you can be as tough as nails, eat rats for breakfast and pee sulphuric acid - turkish jail is damn hard place to spend even a week, let alone a year or so.

I understand why they chose for legal proceedings ))

Of course im expresing myself little bit in "Action" way.. But its not about breaking into someone house and beat him up,,

I think that only to meet with him from eyes to eyes. Just tell him on street who you are, that you are here because of this and you want to solve it now ! can really help ;) Internet Anonymity is a fairy thing and someone must see that its not a problem to really take that plane and find him....

Of course im expresing myself little bit in "Action" way.. But its not about breaking into someone house and beat him up,,

I think that only to meet with him from eyes to eyes. Just tell him on street who you are, that you are here because of this and you want to solve it now ! can really help ;) Internet Anonymity is a fairy thing and someone must see that its not a problem to really take that plane and find him....

yes , ppl tend to soften up abit when no longer anonymous.

cheers

ermik

I offered the 50k after he/she returned reps gun. This wasn't to scam the scammer; it was to make sure that the person didn't think I was doing this for a cheap MM. I will pay the person directly for the gun if that is what they want.

If they return the gun and keep their small score of the leftover items, I would venture to guess the would no longer have to worry about legal action (I will check if rep would drop charges prior to posting again).

Good move Mercury,

Ransom note to the criminals:

criminal_ransom_for_return_of_reps_gun.jpg

Last edited:
:scratch2: What a fucked up world we live in.
I haven't scammed anyone, nor even tried, but no one is offering me even 5 pec, let alone five thousand fucking US dollars!

Reactions: Lee
:scratch2: What a fucked up world we live in.
I haven't scammed anyone, nor even tried, but no one is offering me even 5 pec, let alone five thousand fucking US dollars!

yeah, 'cause having morale and honor costs less nowadays...

J.

Interesting idea. Why hasn't MA investigated this and frozen their accounts until the RL legal matters have been sorted? What more these individuals are now marked, their playing time must suck. They must hide from every green dot on radar. Playing can be quite miserable if someone is firing rockets at you continuously :)
I think I read that this is a test case now.
Also surely MA can review Reps account and see that he didn't receive any money for the MM and reimburse him for this losses at current MU.
Maybe Hanne can give an official statement from MA on the issue?
Curious Bjorn

Interesting idea. Why hasn't MA investigated this and frozen their accounts until the RL legal matters have been sorted?

I have been thinking about that to. :confused:

That will MA never answer. :)

Interesting idea. Why hasn't MA investigated this and frozen their accounts until the RL legal matters have been sorted?

I have been thinking about that to. :confused:

That will MA never answer. :)

ma did freeze there account but it was unlocked because no fault had occurred

Star has a good point here !!! Do yourself a favor and take those 50k and just leave like nothing happened

I appreciate what star is doing here, but honestly - is it paying to thief the best possible way around?
Well, it isnt.

5k usd is lot of money, maybe star can afford it easyli, I dont know, but this will only encourage more ppl to act like these scammers did.

That should be bussines of MA, not playerbase, to solve problems like this one.

If EULA isnt very helpfull here, than EULA is wrong and very one sided document (protect MA at all cost, playerbase ... eh dont care about them ..)

I dont want to critize MA here - but is in this game ny mechanism against crime (only what is penalized is bug exploring, double accounts, etc)?

btw - maybe Im paranoid and maybe I see it like that because I have worked in medias before, but this should be excellent example of "also bad advertising is advertising" for MA.
It wouldnt be any huge surprise for me anyway.

just one more post here:

The passivity of playerbase in their expectations towards MAs action is gigantic.
It is hard to believe, such a huge resignation...
You should really wake up people, because next time it may be you, not Rep.

Push on MA, not on scammers without any sign of morality. Only MA can prevent and solve issues like this one. There wont be any Star offering few thousands of dollars for your stolen items anymore.

I dont know, but this will only encourage more ppl to act like these scammers did.

Easiest way to stop 99% of EU scams to to never hand over anything without getting appropriate payment or collateral. Even to a "friend".

That's something that's on our (the players) head, not MAs.

As for Merc's offer, we'll see what happens.

I don't think that rewarding "crime" is best way how to deal with it. :rolleyes:

hmm lets reward crime thread. :laugh:
as JC said 99% of this stuff would never happen if u took collat or didnt give a 15k $ item to someone that lives in another country. why should ma get involved they do warn you.

The MM isn't in auc anymore. Though an A106 from the same Ava ( which won't be named here ofc;) ). So let'S see what happens.

Easiest way to stop 99% of EU scams to to never hand over anything without getting appropriate payment or collateral. Even to a "friend".

That's something that's on our (the players) head, not MAs.

It's true, yes, officially all trades are final so in MA's eyes it's not a theft. But at the same time, it's a bit sad not to be able to trust people you've known for ages. 'Trust no-one' isn't a particularly positive message. MA know this was a theft, even if it officially isn't. Maybe such a high profile case will push forward the priority of implementing a much needed contract system.

Anyway, here's hoping the gun ends up back in the hands of the rightful owner.

Agree paying someone 50k PED for thieving isn't the answer, although it's a kind thought of Star to do it.

i delt with this guy back when they first started playing ... trying to scam my soc and then creating the kkk soc im sure u all remember seeing block the doors at the sweat camp outpost.... their was so many support cases put in i cant quite understand why his account was ever unlocked... all he got for that was a slap on the wrist with a 1 week lock.. and now this.... little harder slap on the wrist ?

come on MA buck up... and start taking care of your players.... he violated EULA many times over... why the fuk would they allow him to keep playing ....

my only regret is not keeping his ip address from his soc forum registration as i would gladly give it to any hacker interested at this point...
IF MA aint going to do shit someone needs to ...

we need a ingame superhero (maybe vigilante a better description) that hacks scammers computers and totally fuks their life up...

wish i had the know how...

Star has a good point here !!! Do yourself a favor and take those 50k and just leave like nothing happened

good point yes and the involveld should yes but still means they got money from it :( But if Rep gets his gun back then nice one to Star.

Now mabey Ma will make some system to lend stuffs.

It's true, yes, officially all trades are final so in MA's eyes it's not a theft. But at the same time, it's a bit sad not to be able to trust people you've known for ages. 'Trust no-one' isn't a particularly positive message. MA know this was a theft, even if it officially isn't. Maybe such a high profile case will push forward the priority of implementing a much needed contract system.

Oh, I in no way am saying it's Rep's fault. I place blame squarely on those that refuse to give back what they promised to give back.

Was simply reminding folks of a certain fact.

I don't think this is rewarding crime, more like if you can't beat them, join them (in lowering the bid to one criminal only). They could even split among themselves if they want to get the money now, since the gun costs them nothing.

Or we can always hope that no wealthy newcomer will bid on the gun in future. Or we can next hope that the value of the gun will come crashing down for no reason so that it'll remove the motivation for selling it...

Waiting for Star's reply; hope this got resolved (although I'm not sure giving money to these suckers is a "resolve").

Anyway, here's hoping the gun ends up back in the hands of the rightful owner.

Agree paying someone 50k PED for thieving isn't the answer, although it's a kind thought of Star to do it.

Indeed. Marco promised us a contract system long time ago. It`s high time for us to get one. Bright side of story here is that sad events like these might force MA`s hand a little into implementing such system asap. Just like in RL ppl mostly take action after few tragedies happen.

Back