Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan

Status

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
I dont want ths thread to end up like my other thread so i dont want anyone to reply because i will not reply to it either.....

i am soo sick to death of the way MA is treating us depositing players, all MA is out to do is take all our money very fast and they dont care about us anymore other than our money.... my bad luck is still continuing, yes i have had a few globals again but it just kept taking them straight back, i have lost about 6500pds now in 4 weeks and sold my vtol my martial armour and other items, all this because MA are being soo greedy and unfair, i mean i really dont get how now at lvl 24 prospector i am getting rubbish back or no hits on foma, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD, it is a moaning thread just to moan please dont reply

i mean take for example medusas head sale, we will now lose out because it sold very cheap, well i personally believe we will cos obviously our LOOT will now suffer even more, i have nothing really left worth selling and i cant deposit again without putting myself in a financial mess YET AGAIN so the only option for me is to stop playing and never deposit ever again.... so yet another PLAYER MA are losing because they dont care about US and it makes me very very sad, i cant cope with the loss, and i dont like the fact MA dont treat us as human beings when we send them support cases, if we had a problem in REAL LIFE and made a complaint to say our internet provider for loss of connection they would compensate us and appoligize, MA dont seem to do this what so ever and we pay real money, and yes people will think we are investors, investing money into a game, but we invest these days to LOSE it very FAST unless of course you are a trader and you make peds which i probly should have done instead of started to mine and got addicted to mining, but i have no choice but to STOP playing the game, it is totally unfair how MA keep taking.......

omg and yes i might be scared, but i have nothing to lose now in posting this thread cos MA have taken all my peds anyway so me posting this thread wont really make much difference, but maybe to warn new players... and i actually think i have a right to warn new players about how bad this game is getting......

i loved this game soo much until MA just started takig peds even faster and faster, i remember the days when we could play the game with 100-200peds for a month, but not anymore and MA is losing players because of this too and now another player they are losing...

SO GL ALL

RJ Rob

PLEASE DONT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Last edited:
*replies*

Yeah, I've stopped hunting/mining/crafting since I've had absolute rubbish returns for the past few weeks as well.

Just gotta live through it, if it sucks just stop.... Went to CP yesterday with the goal to burn 4k peds over a few days... took me just about 5 hours, had a whopping 2 globals while doing it.

Loot seems to be low for me as well at the moment, but what is there to do about it... Whining won't increase it, so no point to whine...

Keep it up, hope it turns soon...

Damn I can't moan this time :(

I don't deposit because I don't play.

My bank account grows by 15,000 ped every month which normally went straight to Entropia :tongue2:

But I really want to moan, Entropia made me moan so much ! I miss it !

Disclaimer : Not all my posts are meant to be taken seriously, but I do save a lot not playing now :D

Last edited:
I think Rob the best time to return is when there are several planets online and all planets have a sizable playerbase.

MA will be taking a lot less from everyone then, for now it relies solely on Calypso's population.

Ah can't resist to respond... yes losing sucks always the more you lose the more it sucks. For 1 and a half month im 4kPED down after MU with unamped / small amped ( cheap OA101 ) mining.
Atm all what keeps me running is seeing it can turn in Strash's log.

Go amp up with 101-102's

get X amount , mine on planet and your peds will drop slower

i use to mine on FOMA, kept losing peds liek crazy, now i am on planet and have a nice high + off profit

must reply:( can't resist as I do with this game.

MA isn't a group of charity or none profit organization or a member of red cross.

I only see huge over prices of virtual properties sold in the news, but never heard MA have made a donation to any organization or individuals.

Shit the bed, lvl 24 prospector, how are you not profiting with such uber skills!

Anyway, the reason you are losing more now than before (6.5kped/mo compared to 200/mo) is that your costs have gone up, thus your pedcycle has gone up.

Each player here needs to remember that you will not profit - anything you do actually make is a bonus and shouldn't be treated as a profit (IF you are playing against the system - there are plenty of ways to make money when you play against other players).

If I hunt daiki with opalo+101 for a month I will lose approx 100ped, at the worst of times. That's playing 5hrs per day.

If I hunt atrox with p5a+105 for a month I will lose approx 1kped, at the worst of times. Ditto time played.

If I hunt levi with XT+dante for a month, I will lose approx 10kped, at the worst of time.

Hunt what you can afford to lose, at the absolute worst returns. You'll soon find you're not complaining and accepting. IF you don't want to just accept loss and "play to profit", then you need to either start playing against players (trading, skillsell etc) or quit. Cos it aint gonna happen when you play against MA.

Hey crazy man, if you don't want people to reply, don't post in the first time ;)

Hey crazy man, if you don't want people to reply, don't post in the first time ;)
Sometimes it feels better expressing ones emotions in text.

OnT: I'd say that I agree. I started playing in November of 2009, and I guarantee you that the loot was better back then (Nov, Dec 2009 and Jan, Feb 2010). Just check my globals on Entropia Tracker. It's fucking sick.

I am too feeling less and less in mood to play this game. I deposited $100/1'000PED last Monday, and it's all gone. I'm not saying I play very ECO hunting Atrox and shit, I'm just saying that it was different 1 year ago, as you oldies go on about it being different years ago.

I'm pretty sure I'll quit, because although I'd spend the money on something else equally stupid, maybe I wouldn't hate myself as much as I do when I give money to people like MA.

I have thoughts about depositing 2'000PED in the end of the month (saving up instead of depositing per week) and buy a gremlin-set and 5B plates, which would leave me roughly ~1'000PED give or take, but what would be the point of it? The money would vanish quickly enough again. Yes, I may have "invested" it in gear and whatnot, which means I haven't spent it on bad hunts, but still ... Ah. Fuck it. I don't know. I just hope I change my mind. There's good games out there like Eve: Online, and the MMORPG World of Darkness should be out in a couple of years or so.

I have these ideas in my head on how to make a great game, and in my head although profit is important I wouldn't treat my subscribers/players as dirt just to profit. It feels as if we are a community like the Swedish people: everybody whines when an old lady gets murdered on the street, but that's all they do - whine.

Mind Ark knows this, and they take advantage of it.

i agree with peds not lasting as long. many say it was different last year or during sga. the change came around the longtooth event from what i heard personally and noticed. maybe the change has happened silently all the long. i won't comment on peoples playing habbits but 200 usd should be more than enough for someone to just cycle in ANY video game. yes i understand entropia is different but thats alot of money! Many don't want to admit it but it is. I also want to say keep in mind if you buy gear (or pay markup for things) you can't blame that on ma.

kosmos

The problem is that it hard to get any real good prof that the loot return realy is worse now than like two-three years ago. It think it could be a combination of diffrent factors that some of us feels that the loot are "worse" than some years ago:

1. We have more high level players that are playeing on a level higher than before, when they do this they loose money faster, but still the return rate is similar as before, MA have not change anything.

2. It could also be that we had more new players before that deposited and played for a short time and then quit the game. They "feed" the loot system with some peds that gave us a bit better loot.

3. We got more items, like guns, before. Getting items in the loot makes us feel the loot is better, but we still get the same value in tt.

4. MA indeed have made the loot return lower. It could be that the cost of MA increasted to much compared to the inflow of new players so they have been foreced to lower the loot formula. I don't think that, because they probably would not like to do changes to the loot system if they can avoid it.

I belive the big problem is the failure to increase the playerbase faster that they have is the real issue. Hopefuly the planetpartners will start trying to do something about that soon, because FPC is hiding in the dark right know. Probably they are waiting do finish the selling of Calypso deal before doing some marketing.

We don't want to play 20 hours a month, we want to do this per week or even per day ... and that is where the real problem lies. So problem is not the bad loot, problem is you can't play when you want to play where you want to play.

MA shouldn't use a business strategy targeting a mass-market with new planet partners and at the same time we know the mass isn't able to pay for what the business model has in mind. It is about time MA/FPC learns this and sees that "less means more".

Atami

To be fair, for me, it's down to the MU that I'm not profiting anymore.

Just this morning, I had a typical argo run cb19+beast on young->scout... 2 years ago, I would do the same thing.

257tt from ~300 spent, that's about the same as it was before (usual range was 220-320tt return). But before, iron was 116-122%; this morning, I got 110 ped TT iron - worth 105% - so 115.5ped total. Before this would be 127-134 ped return, 10-20 ped difference from now.

This is just a crude example on one mob, but generally % MU is pretty awful on most mobs. The droplists are no longer specific (can you even count how many mobs you can get green, brown, violet cream paint on? or wools?).

MA want to do this cos on the face of it, it makes the game cheaper (my CB19 that i bought, for 107%) but in the long run it makes it more expensive for the players who hunt smart (argo drop CB19, so it didnt matter that before it was 130%)

I'd be surprised if anyone can point to a mob which releases consistent 40-50% total of TT in actual MU (greater than 110%). Best I can think of is drones+gazz...

We don't want to play 20 hours a month, we want to do this per week or even per day ... and that is where the real problem lies. So problem is not the bad loot, problem is you can't play when you want to play where you want to play.

MA shouldn't use a business strategy targeting a mass-market with new planet partners and at the same time we know the mass isn't able to pay for what the business model has in mind. It is about time MA/FPC learns this and sees that "less means more".

Atami
True that. +rep for you.

This is exactly the problem I feel. MA cannot seriously expect that the mass will be able to afford this kind of gameplay, and it's just too few that have the discipline to go swunt and whatever when they want to have fun hunting Ambu or Atrox.

i mean take for example medusas head sale, we will now lose out because it sold very cheap, well i personally believe we will cos obviously our LOOT will now suffer even more
Complete and utter speculation... The estate broker put Medusa up with a start bid of +1. FPC was expecting that as a minimum price. If they were not, they would have told the estate broker to put a much higher startbid on the auction. They lost absolutely nothing. If anyone puts a startbid below what they really expect on an auction, they should expect it to return less then what they expect, end of story... FPC still has tons of land that is not cut up in to LAs, tons of shops that no participant has owned yet... Why is everyone so shook up about this one little sale? Entire continent of Amethera could be subdivided in to LAs and sold off tomorrow if they really wanted to recoup money, and they could list every one of those with a start bid of 2 million peds if they wanted... and they could put an end date of 3 years from now to allow everyone enough time to go to the bank to bid... the year after that, they could auction off the entire continent of eudoria... and the year after that build another 7 continents.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah forum whores blah blah blah...

Balance and prudence. Two virtues essential for survival hunting on any planet in Entropia Universe. The balance refers to the necessary balance between mob, skills and equipment used. Prudence refers to measuring the risks (losses) against any gains.

If I decide to bet all on a couple of sessions must be clear that I can lose everything in that short space of time. At no time Mindark tells us that making a significant investment in peds we ensure a positive return.

If what you seek is fun for a long time maybe it is better to drop to a lower exposure level (lower mobs, weapons and armor) that is no longer needed a HOF or ATH to have an acceptable return. Almost certainly will get more satisfaction with the same investment.

4. MA indeed have made the loot return lower. It could be that the cost of MA increasted to much compared to the inflow of new players so they have been foreced to lower the loot formula. I don't think that, because they probably would not like to do changes to the loot system if they can avoid it.

I belive the big problem is the failure to increase the playerbase faster that they have is the real issue. Hopefuly the planetpartners will start trying to do something about that soon, because FPC is hiding in the dark right know. Probably they are waiting do finish the selling of Calypso deal before doing some marketing.

I think Marco himself has said that the loot system is based on in-game economy. The loot system does not change, which is likely to happen is that it distributes less loot because the economy has worsened.

I agree that the solution of the problem is to increase the player-depositors base. Mindark and owners of the new planets should make a significant effort in advertising and promotion to attract more players.

i am soo sick to death of the way MA is treating us depositing players, all MA is out to do is take all our money very fast

Technically speaking, you give MA/FPC your money. They don't 'take' anything.

Technically speaking, you give MA/FPC your money. They don't 'take' anything.

The issue is some people have more self control than others.... This game will take advantage of those without self-control, but so do many other games and RL things. If they weren't overspending on EU, they'd likely be have some other obsession. Some of us are more aware of our own compulsions and do things to keep them in check. I was playing Evony where you couldn't be significantly successful without putting money into the game. I made a few deposits then quit, because it never ends. This game is no different, I've made a few deposits, but see now in order to continue to progress in level of game play you need to deposit increasing amounts. Self-control is setting in which is not nearly as exciting as it was to make those first few deposits.

I have seen these threads since i started 5 years ago, and they will continue as long as PE lasts

For me i have to agree with AIO, tt returns are still the same, although i seem to be a little low at the moment 86.4% in mining, but 4 years ago it was 90%. But mine is an unusual case, Harmony put it well with every pec counted for and had 90% tt returns for 2010, and that was a LOT of ped cycled, 100's of k's.

Markup has changed though

Take the good with the bad and like your last thread, you are mining out of your range, too big amps on FOMA, unless you have a massive ped card to take the bad times you are going to be very unhappy. But it seems you did not take on any of the great advice given there, and you like to throw your ped away.

Gamblers annonymous anyone? ;)

Rgds

Ace

I'd be surprised if anyone can point to a mob which releases consistent 40-50% total of TT in actual MU (greater than 110%). Best I can think of is drones+gazz...

For over a month, every damn mob looting a lot of muscle oil did this, yet at the same time there was just as massive whining as always. It still has good MU, especially given that you can get int in abundance with TT weapons. A whole bunch of mobs now loot MF chips that go for over 110% and sell and there has been not a single post on the forums appreciating that fact.

Enough with the whining already! Get out of your old set ways and reinvent yourself until you get loot and markup!

I think Rob the best time to return is when there are several planets online and all planets have a sizable playerbase.

MA will be taking a lot less from everyone then, for now it relies solely on Calypso's population.

Sorry Lava, have to disagree.

MA has their percentage of what they take in fees and decay set. This won't change.

An increase in more players will just mean an increase in their profits. Edit, had to add, This will not result in a decrease in our cost.

But because of the current costs to play, getting that increase in players is something I simply don't see happening.

Last edited:

MA has their percentage of what they take in fees and decay set. This won't change.

An increase in more players will just mean an increase in their profits.

But because of the current costs to play, getting that increase in players is something I simply don't see happening.

I agree with this, plus my own thoughts I've had for ages now.. the less players there are the better, according to the dynamics of the system.. MA have done this that and the other but the system has not been able to adjust accordingly and I doubt it ever will the way it's going. the more planets there are.. the more things get spread thinner and thinner amongst the existing playerbase.. each planet should be forced to have their own economy and not to have to be linked to calypso, the only way I see it working atm.

I agree with this, plus my own thoughts I've had for ages now.. the less players there are the better, according to the dynamics of the system.. MA have done this that and the other but the system has not been able to adjust accordingly and I doubt it ever will the way it's going. the more planets there are.. the more things get spread thinner and thinner amongst the existing playerbase.. each planet should be forced to have their own economy and not to have to be linked to calypso, the only way I see it working atm.

The more players the better. "Spreading thinner"? What is being spread thinner? Please explain why more turnover is bad.

An increase in more players will just mean an increase in their profits. Edit, had to add, This will not result in a decrease in our cost.

It's hard too know for sure how the loot system work, but i believe a bigger playerbase would be a benefit for the lootsystem and make it possible to increase the return/cost ration.

OP, I see where you coming from though (EDIT: just re-read OP and acctually I dont see where your coming from what a weak arguement) your not helping yourself at all..

Nothing more i like in the game than high rolling but it's just to unreliable!
I suggest forgeting that Martial armour, pick up some pixie or some crap armour, goto TT and buy as many daggers as u wish + t5 (or heal chip, reginesis skill worth a tonne)
Proceed to the Merp mission broker if u havent already and activate....
Go hunt your 'lil heart out on young mature and old, your peds last, you get hours of play time.. Entropias not to expensive unless you wana think your the shit hunting in the "coolest armours" with big 'cool' un-eco guns.. (or amps)

blah blah blah quit blah :confused:

Last edited:
It's hard too know for sure how the loot system work, but i believe a bigger playerbase would be a benefit for the lootsystem and make it possible to increase the return/cost ration.

This would seem reasonable to expect with most companies wanting to expand their customer base but MA has already shown that when they deem to have enough spendable capital they would rather buy a RL castle in Germany then advertise or try to retain more players through offering more stable returns during game activities.

Seems to me MA crunched the numbers some years ago and figured the absolute lowest returns possible that (x) amount of players would tolerate and never had/have any intention of ever going above that return ratio. What MA didn't count on was a global downturn which caused more players to find those returns unacceptable.

To the OP all you can do is accept what funds you put into the game as a loss and don't chase them, meaning don't put any more into the game. Either take what you can out, tip your hat and say goodbye or sell a few things and play at a much slower rate. Getting mad or feeling down isn't going to help you, though it's very normal, it can get you very sick so avoid that trap if possible and move on and learn from it.

Status
Back